Bead Blasting and Powder Coat Colorado Springs

This is a discussion on Bead Blasting and Powder Coat Colorado Springs within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Does anyone know of a place that does bead blasting and also a place that does powder coating? I have ...

Bead Blasting and Powder Coat Colorado Springs

Does anyone know of a place that does bead blasting and also a place that does powder coating?
    I have heard that Taint Paint does Powder Coating.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Google is your friend...

Found this (and many others) using it.... Colorado Springs Powder Coating - Sandblasting
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Sorry I used a message forum to ask for someones opinion from someone that probably cares about their car as much as I do, hoping to get someone with personal experience with a place that they would recommend instead of just showing up to some random shop.

I Support ClubWRX
    Find a few shops near you and go visit them and chat with them about the process. You will get the idea very quickly if they know what they are doing and take pride in their work (as well as learn about the process, which is pretty cool). Most shops will have examples of their work kicking around too. That is what I did when I got my wheels powdercoated, and it worked out just fine. FWIW, there might not be that many people in your area with powder coat work on their WRX/STI...I know there are not really any in my area.

Sorry I gave you a legitimate answer and you get all sassy with me...you simply (read your post over) asked if anyone knew of places, so I gave you a place, and a way to get places. You didn't mention opinions, personal experiences, etc. You asked for suggestions. So I took some of MY time, and looked stuff up for you...and if you know how Google works, places with the most hits, come back in the search first. So that was MY suggestion. Take it as you will. Good day to you sir.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

Sorry Mike, but I am so sick of people on forums telling people to go use google. I came here asking for SUGGESTIONS from people...... Googling honestly, is not a suggestion.....Its what I had done and was not satisfied with what I got. Sorry I WASTED your time from someone that apparently lives in New Jersey that is taking time to post in Mountain states forums.

I also did call Taint Paint, and they got annoyed at me on the phone for a ball park figure on what it cost to powder coat wheels. I even asked if it was 100 or 400, and they just got pissed. So I came here to ask. I suppose I should have been more specific in my post and given my entire life story on how where I went to high school influenced my desire to powder coat wheels. It was like I was asking for a too the cent price quote,

But seriously, if your response is, just go google, it, why bother other than to increase your post count.
    Isnt posting on a message forum an implication of asking people for their personal experiences?
    Or am I wrong, and its just instructions on how to use Google?

Im sorry if you are actually the Nice guy Mike pointing out I should just google it, and Im the rampant douche bag...
    But I took your response as, Im too stupid to search on my own.
    Last edited by ITS-STI; 07-19-2013 at 09:25 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    Sorry Mike, but I am so sick of people on forums telling people to go use google. I came here asking for SUGGESTIONS from people...... Googling honestly, is not a suggestion.....Its what I had done and was not satisfied with what I got. Sorry I WASTED your time from someone that apparently lives in New Jersey that is taking time to post in Mountain states forums.

I also did call Taint Paint, and they got annoyed at me on the phone for a ball park figure on what it cost to powder coat wheels. I even asked if it was 100 or 400, and they just got pissed. So I came here to ask. I suppose I should have been more specific in my post and given my entire life story on how where I went to high school influenced my desire to powder coat wheels. It was like I was asking for a too the cent price quote,

But seriously, if your response is, just go google, it, why bother other than to increase your post count.
    Isnt posting on a message forum an implication of asking people for their personal experiences?
    Or am I wrong, and its just instructions on how to use Google?

Im sorry if you are actually the Nice guy Mike pointing out I should just google it, and Im the rampant douche bag...
    But I took your response as, Im too stupid to search on my own.
    Seriously...Just take the time to visit some shops like I suggested and you will find a place that will suit your needs. I don't blame people for not giving quotes over the phone, because they can't see your wheels and what condition they are in. I wouldn't pay any more than $300 depending on how much work your wheels need (to fix curb rash, etc).

Regarding Mikie's response above, if you don't like someone's response to your question, just ignore them. Getting defensive will just derail your thread and make you look like an ass. It is an online forum, so you will get a lot of responses that you might not like.

Good luck with the wheels and post up some pics when they are done.

I wasn't saying you were too stupid to search at all...and maybe its my misunderstanding considering the overwhelming amount of morons (not you) that we do get on here that really don't do anything for themselves. So many people come on asking simple questions that they really could answer themselves, but don't even try. I just lumped this in with that...so my bad on that.

Misunderstanding on my part and miscommunication between us here, that's all. I apologize if I came off brash.

Didn't even notice it was a Mountain region thread anyway...I always click "New Posts" and just roll through from there. I should have googled that

No harm man!

I use Pristine Powder Coating in SE Denver. Great prices, not the quickest turn around but that's cause he's so damn busy!

I went with Platinum Powder Coating, 75 a wheel, they look really good.