WRX sound system upgrade
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WRX sound system upgrade within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Just bought a new 2013 WRX, and yes, the stereo is pretty weak. Has anyone had the factory Kicker sub-woofer/amp ...

WRX sound system upgrade

Just bought a new 2013 WRX, and yes, the stereo is pretty weak. Has anyone had the factory Kicker sub-woofer/amp installed? Any good? Not looking for anything grounshaking, just a clean upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't waste your money on the factory stuff. For the amount of money you will spend on that you could get a way better quality aftermarket set up. I would recommend starting with a new head unit, which will make your factory speakers sound way better. Then next up get a subwoofer/amp set up for your bass. If you are still looking for more, then upgrade the speakers. This can be done over time, in steps, but I wouldn't get the factory upgrade.

I Support ClubWRX
    Not a big fan of the factory offering. For the price, you don't really get anything all that good. If you're looking for a simple/clean, easy to install, relatively compact option, look at the Infiniti Basslink II:
    WoofersEtc.com - Basslink II - Infinity 10" Powered Subwoofer w/ Passive Radiator
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Throw in almost any aftermarket headunit w/ adjustable equalizer... it makes a big difference w/ the factory speakers.

2013 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

What head unit is that it looks really nice with the car?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.