WRX sound system upgrade

This is a discussion on WRX sound system upgrade within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Just bought a new 2013 WRX, and yes, the stereo is pretty weak. Has anyone had the factory Kicker sub-woofer/amp ...

WRX sound system upgrade

Just bought a new 2013 WRX, and yes, the stereo is pretty weak. Has anyone had the factory Kicker sub-woofer/amp installed? Any good? Not looking for anything grounshaking, just a clean upgrade.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't waste your money on the factory stuff. For the amount of money you will spend on that you could get a way better quality aftermarket set up. I would recommend starting with a new head unit, which will make your factory speakers sound way better. Then next up get a subwoofer/amp set up for your bass. If you are still looking for more, then upgrade the speakers. This can be done over time, in steps, but I wouldn't get the factory upgrade.

I Support ClubWRX
    Not a big fan of the factory offering. For the price, you don't really get anything all that good. If you're looking for a simple/clean, easy to install, relatively compact option, look at the Infiniti Basslink II:
    WoofersEtc.com - Basslink II - Infinity 10" Powered Subwoofer w/ Passive Radiator
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Throw in almost any aftermarket headunit w/ adjustable equalizer... it makes a big difference w/ the factory speakers.

2013 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

What head unit is that it looks really nice with the car?