Colorado Springs Car Meet
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Colorado Springs Car Meet within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; So most of you all know that every friday and saturday we have car meets at the sams club off ...

Registered User wrxturbowagonguy's Avatar

Colorado Springs Car Meet

So most of you all know that every friday and saturday we have car meets at the sams club off of academy. I go there with some guys but never really see any subies or saabarus there. So if you have a subie or saabaru i think that we should start rolling together start a club or something along those lines. So let me know what you all think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    what time do y'all usually meet up? 7194406063
    "If ladders could talk, that one would have definately yelled 'I SURRENDER!'"

well we usually show up around 2200 just to bull **** and what not but it also depends on our work schedules too since the guys i ride with are in the military

I haven't been on here for a while...I'm down for a pre Sams meet and then rollout to Sams as a group. Let me know.
    2011 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX STI Sedan Limited.

awesome yeah we need more of a scene for subies nothing but civics and mustangs really.

I'm in as well. Where should we meet prior to Sam's?

Maybe in the Hu Hot parking lot off Powers and Constitution?
    2011 Obsidian Black Pearl WRX STI Sedan Limited.

So, is anything set up yet?
    I live in COS also, would like to meet some other subies around here.
    Where and when would anything go?
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

As far as meeting, mind if I start a group at meetup.com?
    I havn't been in COS that long but thought it strange there wasn't a group here of all places.
    Is Woodland Park opened up?

Quote Originally Posted by JDUB3XOG View Post
    As far as meeting, mind if I start a group at meetup.com?
    I havn't been in COS that long but thought it strange there wasn't a group here of all places.
    Is Woodland Park opened up?
    AWDPirates.net is local and normally has something going weekly but I thought it was strange that there isn't a Subaru meetup group yet as well. Go ahead and start one up and we'll get it going. Let me know if you need help because I know it costs money and time. It'll be good to have a one-stop site to go to for meets and group drives instead of combing through different forums (NASIOC, ClubWRX, AWDPirates, etc.) looking for events.

edit: Yes, Woodland Park is open. I've always enjoyed driving into the mountains.
    '11 WRB WRX

Ok, I will post up when it's complete.

Quote Originally Posted by SPIRK View Post
    AWDPirates.net is local and normally has something going weekly but I thought it was strange that there isn't a Subaru meetup group yet as well. Go ahead and start one up and we'll get it going. Let me know if you need help because I know it costs money and time. It'll be good to have a one-stop site to go to for meets and group drives instead of combing through different forums (NASIOC, ClubWRX, AWDPirates, etc.) looking for events.

edit: Yes, Woodland Park is open. I've always enjoyed driving into the mountains.

Awesome. It's going to be your group but please pick a good name. I was part of a sport bike group in texas that changed the name to FTP (F*** the Police) and it was fully spelled out on the site just like that. Everyone dropped out and the group closed within weeks of the name change.

Anyway, thanks for being proactive about the Subaru community.
    '11 WRB WRX

No way I'd do that, but it is tuff picking out a name.
    Here's what I've come up with so far.

6000ft. and rising Colorado Springs Subaru enthusiast

6000ft. and rising Colorado Springs AWD enthusiast
    (don't wanna exclude the EVO guys, and maybe they'll stop mean mugg'n me LOL just kidding)

6000ft. and rising Colorado Springs tuner enthusiast
    (don't want to exclude anyone really, there's some clean cars around the area and honestly I'm a fan of all of them and I've owned quite a few of them)

Jesus Built My Hotrod in Colorado Springs
    (maybe too divisive)

In the end I went with the following.

Pikes Peak or Boost
    (I think this one has the most mass appeal)

Quote Originally Posted by SPIRK View Post
    Awesome. It's going to be your group but please pick a good name. I was part of a sport bike group in texas that changed the name to FTP (F*** the Police) and it was fully spelled out on the site just like that. Everyone dropped out and the group closed within weeks of the name change.

Anyway, thanks for being proactive about the Subaru community.

You have my vote, PPB (Pikes Peak or Boost, Pikes Peak and Boost, Pikes Peak under Boost, whatever, it's cool)
    You can't have everything - where would you put it?

If you haven't made the group yet then I'd go with Pikes Peak and Boost. Mostly because Pikes Peak or Boost sounds too much like the rodeo. That, and I hate rodeos. We'll join no matter what the name is. I just did a quick search on meetup for AWD, Subaru, all wheel drive, and only came up with one result: a jeep photography club. We definitely need a group on there.
    '11 WRB WRX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.