Subaru WRX Forum banner

December Colorado Meetup

23K views 102 replies 27 participants last post by  stompk291 
#1 · (Edited)
Colorado Meetup Sunday December 19th!

Hey everyone,

I was thinking a winter meet and drive would be a blast as my first opportunity to meet all the other scooby owners here in CO. I had a couple ideas:

Morrison Road up to Evergreen
Boulder Canyon
Breckenridge mount drive

Just some thoughts. Throw out your ideas for time/date/place and let's go driving.

Cheers,

#2 ·
:D is what i thought when i saw this thread. Morrison road isn't that fun if you ask me. Boulder canyon isn't that bad and I don't think i know the breck drive.

Last meet we did was up highway 6 to idaho springs from the mills, then we stopped and ate some food.

I like the date of Sunday, December 19.

#3 ·
Im in! Breck's not a bad drive, estes isnt bad either!

#5 ·
Boulder canyon is decent ive never been up past nederland tho thats where i usually turn around. It might be interesting up higher ? :wiggles:

#6 ·
Breckenridge is a long haul, especially round trip in one day. And you don't want to be on I70 on a Sunday afternoon (ski traffic).

#7 ·
and also last time i drove Breck i think it was a saturday and saw about 6-8 cops on the way up i dont know if that matters but just fyi.

#9 ·
I say boulder canyon or estes! never been morrison. is that up past where you exit bandimere? like by redrocks?

#11 ·
Yup highway 74. Go straight at the end of the town of Morrison instead of turning left on Morrison Rd / Rt 8.

#13 ·
Im open anytime, get off at 3 everyday. Do you guys care if anyone else comes along? buddies twin turbo rx7?

#15 ·
I'm not going to argue with that on a Subaru forum. Depending on the date and the weather, I may bring the G-wagen next time. ;)

#19 ·
Im still down for some mountain crusing before it starts snowing.

#21 ·
Yea that's good with me.

#22 ·
Would we like to change the date? Still time to balk on that. I definitely want to get together yet this month. Sounds like Boulder Canyon would be easiest for most people so let's go with that as the drive plan. Two questions:

Where to meet up (I don't live in boulder so I defer to local knowledge)?
What day? (We can do a different day if this Sunday doesn't work)?

Also I would love to get a head count of who wants to come. Don't worry about date on the headcount, it will make this easier to plan with an idea of who can go. Sinister looks like he can come the 23rd so that is on the table as a date option, Christmas drive anyone?

#23 ·
Any date is fine with me. any location is fine with me. I live in boulder and know all the surrounding areas well. It will be me and im waiting on a date to tell my buddy with his bug eye.

#26 ·
I was thinking the 23rd would be close enough to Christmas to call it a "Christmas Drive", was not advocating actually doing it on Christmas (my wife would kill me lol).

For some finality:
DECEMBER 23 2010: DRIVE @ BOULDER CANYON! Where to meet and when is all that is left to decide......

#25 ·
we could do morrison or wherever you guys want ! im down to even go pikes peak :whoa: lol but i highly doubt that you guys want a 6+ hour round trip..

#32 ·
I'm good with the 23rd too. I may drive my new GC RX toy if I have it licensed by then. It's still a dog though.:p

Location seems a bit contested. Boulder or ???

What about going up Golden Gate Canyon (CR 70) OR Coal Creek Canyon (hwy 72) to the Peak to Peak (hwy 72) and come down either Boulder Canyon, Sugarloaf (hwy 122) or Lefthand Canyon (at Ward)?
Nederland, CO - Google Maps

I'm afraid there will be a lot of traffic up Boulder cnyn since Eldora will be open and lots of people off work that day...

Where does everyone live that is interested?
I'm in Westy and can go anywhere.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.