December Colorado Meetup - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on December Colorado Meetup within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by allwheelwisher Any date is fine with me. any location is fine with me. I live in boulder ...

Quote Originally Posted by allwheelwisher View Post
    Any date is fine with me. any location is fine with me. I live in boulder and know all the surrounding areas well. It will be me and im waiting on a date to tell my buddy with his bug eye.
    +1 i'll be going and my friend with a bugeye wants to go too. and any day, anywhere is fine for us. it'll be fun to meet all you guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm good with the 23rd too. I may drive my new GC RX toy if I have it licensed by then. It's still a dog though.

Location seems a bit contested. Boulder or ???

What about going up Golden Gate Canyon (CR 70) OR Coal Creek Canyon (hwy 72) to the Peak to Peak (hwy 72) and come down either Boulder Canyon, Sugarloaf (hwy 122) or Lefthand Canyon (at Ward)?
    Nederland, CO - Google Maps

I'm afraid there will be a lot of traffic up Boulder cnyn since Eldora will be open and lots of people off work that day...

Where does everyone live that is interested?
    I'm in Westy and can go anywhere.
    Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to try it.
    Swamp Monster Rally Racing- 91 Impreza - Phase II 2.5 w/ DOHC, RS25 trans/diff, header, 2.25" catted exh, WRX springs, AGX struts, L&M steering, RS power-slot brakes = stage rally build in progress...

Going back to the beginning I am not trying to dictate any of the details, it just seemed to be easier to get people to confirm they would be coming if there was a specified time, date, meet up spot, and drive idea. I'm not sure how these are normally organized but that was my best idea. I'm going to back out as organizer in chief and let someone else take the helm, (yamaha_rider619, mule, sinister?)

I look forward to meeting everyone wherever/whenever we end up getting together!
    Peace, Love, Unity.
    DenverDrew

so the 23rd it is!! somebody pick a place me and my buddy are open for anywhere !
    2005 Wrx 90k miles
    engine-hybrid ej257 2.0 heads vf39,
    3inch catless downpipe, up pipe, hks intake, tuned by yi from trendz 290whp 316wtq
    exterior-sti hood,sti trunk,sti side skirts,sti front bumper,bbs wheels
    interior-sti front and back seats sti steering wheel.

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Um well it looks like the 23 is the date but we need a actual time and place. I know sinister (Kevin) and I like highway 6 up to Idaho springs and grab a bite to eat. We should look for places/drives to meet which won't be affected by weather or traffic.

Last meet we met at the mills mall in golden and then drove up to Idaho springs and grabbed a bite to eat. And if we meet at the mall, and the weather is bad we can go into a parking garage.

What do you guys think?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

i like that idea

What time on the 23rd? But most importantly what's for dinner
    Peace, Love, Unity.
    DenverDrew

I Support ClubWRX
    There are many places in Idaho springs that have good food. What time works for everyone? 1 or 2 pm?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

There's a Beau Jo's pizza in Idaho Springs. I was there a few years ago on a similar ride (but with sport bikes).

I'm thinking about going on this one - the weather would be the main factor, after all Christmas in the mountains = snow usually. I've still got my stock summer tires

-Clov
    Justin "Clovis" Harward
    2011 Dark Grey WRX
    Colorado Springs, CO

My avatar is a picture of a REAL Wendy's girl that I took. I couldn't believe the shirt (spoon me? sounds like a sexual lawsuit waiting to happen) but it's pretty funny too. I commented about her shirt, she was cool and I asked if I could take a picture with my phone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Clovis View Post
    There's a Beau Jo's pizza in Idaho Springs. I was there a few years ago on a similar ride (but with sport bikes).

I'm thinking about going on this one - the weather would be the main factor, after all Christmas in the mountains = snow usually. I've still got my stock summer tires

-Clov
    Beau Jo's pizza was our original plan last meet, but we had too many people so we decided to go to tommy knockers instead. At this rate snow on Christmas sounds unlikely lol.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

So is the plan to meet up in Idaho Springs or somewhere like Morrison?

By the way, whoever mentioned Boulder Canyon - I would vote for that as well. It's been 8 or 9 years since I've been there but I remember it being a fun drive.

-Clovis
    Justin "Clovis" Harward
    2011 Dark Grey WRX
    Colorado Springs, CO

My avatar is a picture of a REAL Wendy's girl that I took. I couldn't believe the shirt (spoon me? sounds like a sexual lawsuit waiting to happen) but it's pretty funny too. I commented about her shirt, she was cool and I asked if I could take a picture with my phone!

I Support ClubWRX
    If it's the idaho springs meet, we meet at the mills mall in golden and then drive to Idaho springs and grab a bite to eat.

At this rate a December meet isn't going to happen if agreements on place can't be made.
    Last edited by yamaha_rider619; 12-16-2010 at 09:50 AM.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Well that's good with me. Colorado mills on the 23rd.
    2005 Wrx 90k miles
    engine-hybrid ej257 2.0 heads vf39,
    3inch catless downpipe, up pipe, hks intake, tuned by yi from trendz 290whp 316wtq
    exterior-sti hood,sti trunk,sti side skirts,sti front bumper,bbs wheels
    interior-sti front and back seats sti steering wheel.

I Support ClubWRX
    Everbody else agree? If yes:

We'll meet Thursday December 23rd at 1pm in the lower parking lot below Target by Colorado Mills Mall

We'll leave from there around 2:30 to do a cruise up highway 6 through the mountains to Idaho Springs where we'll all get some food.

Bring a fold up camping seat or two, your spit shined cars, etc. And some cash for food. Splitting credit cards is painful.

Be cool, no attitudes or jack-hole driving. It's a 1 lane road most of the way on the cruise, and there's no reason to put yourself, or others in danger.

If you have any questions or need directions, let me know

Colorado Mills Pkwy
    Lakewood
    CO 80401

(disclaimer: some material was borrowed from sinister from the last meet post)
    Last edited by yamaha_rider619; 12-16-2010 at 02:11 PM.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Thursday 23rd
    Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to try it.
    Swamp Monster Rally Racing- 91 Impreza - Phase II 2.5 w/ DOHC, RS25 trans/diff, header, 2.25" catted exh, WRX springs, AGX struts, L&M steering, RS power-slot brakes = stage rally build in progress...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast