Colorado Member's Forum - Page 96
Page 96 of 122 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1820

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; +1 for Colorado. My name is Alex, you may see me rolling around Lakewood in a '12 WRB hatch with ...

+1 for Colorado. My name is Alex, you may see me rolling around Lakewood in a '12 WRB hatch with gold wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good Tint shop in the Denver area (I'm in Lakewood)? I'll be picking up my 2013 WRB WRX Sedan on 2/14 and want to get it tinted ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good Tint shop in the Denver area (I'm in Lakewood)? I'll be picking up my 2013 WRB WRX Sedan on 2/14 and want to get it tinted ASAP.
    My friends have been using a local guy that does great work for real cheap. He used to tint for all the Schomp dealers now he works out of his house. I have his business card on my desk at home. I'll PM you his info tonight if I can find it. Congrats on the new WREX!

Quote Originally Posted by aladeen View Post
    My friends have been using a local guy that does great work for real cheap. He used to tint for all the Schomp dealers now he works out of his house. I have his business card on my desk at home. I'll PM you his info tonight if I can find it. Congrats on the new WREX!
    Thanks I'd appreciate that! I've been searching all the subaru regional forums and it looks like all the recommended ones are out of business so I figured I would ask. I can't wait! I'm coming from a 2009 WRX so it's not a huge difference but it will be my first brand new car. Even better is that the drive from the dealer to my house is 1008 miles, exactly over the break-in period

Thanks I'd appreciate that! I've been searching all the subaru regional forums and it looks like all the recommended ones are out of business so I figured I would ask. I can't wait! I'm coming from a 2009 WRX so it's not a huge difference but it will be my first brand new car. Even better is that the drive from the dealer to my house is 1008 miles, exactly over the break-in period
    1008 miles? Good lord where are you buying this car from?? lol. I think you will be surprised by the difference that little bit of extra tire on the 11+ can make. And the widebody is the sex. Any mod plans on the horizon?

1008 miles? Good lord where are you buying this car from?? lol. I think you will be surprised by the difference that little bit of extra tire on the 11+ can make. And the widebody is the sex. Any mod plans on the horizon?
    I'm buying it from a dealer in Chicago. I priced it out considering shipping/gas for driving and even after including those costs no dealer in CO could match the price. Tickets to Chicago are dirt cheap t0o ($38 for me on 2/14). I'll probably keep it under warranty for the most part so no tune. I do plan on some simple stuff like weathertec digital mats, tints, a set of summer wheels (already have winter tires), and kartboy SS + bushings. Other than those nothing major planned for a while.

Hah, you buy it from Mike at Evanston?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Hah, you buy it from Mike at Evanston?
    Dan at Grand actually but I hear they were both neck and neck for best price

I'm buying it from a dealer in Chicago. I priced it out considering shipping/gas for driving and even after including those costs no dealer in CO could match the price. Tickets to Chicago are dirt cheap t0o ($38 for me on 2/14). I'll probably keep it under warranty for the most part so no tune. I do plan on some simple stuff like weathertec digital mats, tints, a set of summer wheels (already have winter tires), and kartboy SS + bushings. Other than those nothing major planned for a while.

Well played sir. The internet is one hell of a tool when price shopping for cars. I've done internet car sales for the past two years and I've never had anyone local shop as far out as Chicago lol. I admire your determination!

I've done the drive between Chicago and Co about 10 times now. I would be most careful at either end of Iowa, seems to be where the cops usually are. Not too bad of a drive, makes for a long day but doable in one day.

Well played sir. The internet is one hell of a tool when price shopping for cars. I've done internet car sales for the past two years and I've never had anyone local shop as far out as Chicago lol. I admire your determination!
    Yeah the internet has changed alot as far as car buying goes. I wasn't going to settle and was actually looking as far as NJ. I do alot of road trips so it's not a big deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    I've done the drive between Chicago and Co about 10 times now. I would be most careful at either end of Iowa, seems to be where the cops usually are. Not too bad of a drive, makes for a long day but doable in one day.
    I've done it twice, once each way. It's not bad and I'm not worried about cops. It'll be in the break in period so I won't be going much more than 5 over the speed limit anyways. The worst long distance drive I've had was NYC to Florida. I sat in traffic for about 4 hours which was awful. My favorite was Dallas, TX to Boulder, CO. The drive felt like 4 hours because it was so gorgeous...

I Support ClubWRX
    Make sure you vary the speed you're driving at! It specifically says in the break-in period not to do long periods of the same RPM.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Hey whats up guys! I ordered my '13 WRX from Go Subaru in Centenniel at invoice with a couple of accesories. Should be getting it in April. Look forward to some Meets this spring/summer.

Registered User Captain Obvious's Avatar
    Can't remember if I posted in this thread........

Took ownership of my white 5 door 2 weeks ago. I am on the north side of Colo Springs. Love the car so far.

Arvada bugeye owner in the house!! whats going on to all?!?!?