Colorado Member's Forum - Page 93
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 126 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1878

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; OMFG! I just moved from C. Springs to south of Atlanta and there isn't a friggn thing here. I am ...

I Support ClubWRX
    OMFG! I just moved from C. Springs to south of Atlanta and there isn't a friggn thing here. I am riding solo surrounded by Crown Vics, Chargers and 300 C's on "rims". Miss y'all
    "If ladders could talk, that one would have definately yelled 'I SURRENDER!'"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just moved from Arlington, VA about a year ago. I didn't want to post because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to find a job out here however, I manged two find (2) jobs and can now call myself a permanent resident of Lakewood, CO (with a 2009 WRX Premium).

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Just moved from Arlington, VA about a year ago. I didn't want to post because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to find a job out here however, I manged two find (2) jobs and can now call myself a permanent resident of Lakewood, CO (with a 2009 WRX Premium).
    Welcome to Colorado and to the forum! Maybe I will see you around Lakewood.
    '02 WRX Bugeye; Midnight Blue / Black Pearl

All of us Lakewood people should do a meetup or something, lol.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll join if I can
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Seems to be alot of us around Lakewood maby belmar meet? Or??

Quote Originally Posted by Deciphe View Post
    Seems to be alot of us around Lakewood maby belmar meet? Or??
    I like this idea since I live a hop and a skip away from here /\.

Belmar would be good, when would you all be up for it?

Re: Colorado Member's Forum

I could d Saturday or Sunday. If its Saturday though I'll need a ride since my WRX will be at the dealer getting the windshield replaced.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I could d Saturday or Sunday. If its Saturday though I'll need a ride since my WRX will be at the dealer getting the windshield replaced.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Getting a windshield replaced this time of year? If its not cracked, I'd wait till the spring. I blast up and down I-70 all winter though, so I expect a chip or two at least.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Getting a windshield replaced this time of year? If its not cracked, I'd wait till the spring. I blast up and down I-70 all winter though, so I expect a chip or two at least.
    Yeah you need to cancel that appointment right away. The only way I'd replace it at this time of year was if it was cracked and the crack was in my line of sight while driving.

As a new transplant to the area, you obviously aren't aware that roads are "sanded" out here with gravel, which usually includes some good size rocks too. Do not replace a windshield except between May-August. Otherwise, wait until next year. There are also a lot of rocks that fall onto roads or get kicked onto them from the shoulders too, and that happens more in the winter with plows kicking things up. I wondered when I first moved out here why so many people had broken windshields, but after going through a windshield a year on my cars I understand why. That's why most insurance companies don't offer glass coverage out here either like they do back east. I wondered why I couldn't get glass coverage when I first moved out here when in the Northeast it was standard. I've had damaged windshields a few times since I've moved out here and I always wait until May to replace them. My Porsche windshield has a nasty break in it but I won't replace that right now. The "sand" they put on roads also will chew up your windshield pretty badly and make it hard to see through after a few years. Even if it's not broken, on any car that's close to the road and gets hits by a lot of gravel, you'll want to replace it after a few years just so you can see!

On a side note, whatever broke my Porsche windshield was unlike anything I've ever seen. I was on C-470 and something hit off my driver's side so loud it sounded like a gunshot inside the car. It was literally that loud that my ears were ringing after it happened. It left a 1/2" circle of totally cracked up glass with a 1.5" round ring/crack around that. I've never seen anything like it, and I've taken some serious stuff off windshields including a U-joint from a driveshaft.
    Last edited by teflon_jones; 10-18-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Yeah you need to cancel that appointment right away. The only way I'd replace it at this time of year was if it was cracked and the crack was in my line of sight while driving.

As a new transplant to the area, you obviously aren't aware that roads are "sanded" out here with gravel, which usually includes some good size rocks too. Do not replace a windshield except between May-August. Otherwise, wait until next year. There are also a lot of rocks that fall onto roads or get kicked onto them from the shoulders too, and that happens more in the winter with plows kicking things up. I wondered when I first moved out here why so many people had broken windshields, but after going through a windshield a year on my cars I understand why. That's why most insurance companies don't offer glass coverage out here either like they do back east. I wondered why I couldn't get glass coverage when I first moved out here when in the Northeast it was standard. I've had damaged windshields a few times since I've moved out here and I always wait until May to replace them. My Porsche windshield has a nasty break in it but I won't replace that right now. The "sand" they put on roads also will chew up your windshield pretty badly and make it hard to see through after a few years. Even if it's not broken, on any car that's close to the road and gets hits by a lot of gravel, you'll want to replace it after a few years just so you can see!

On a side note, whatever broke my Porsche windshield was unlike anything I've ever seen. I was on C-470 and something hit off my driver's side so loud it sounded like a gunshot inside the car. It was literally that loud that my ears were ringing after it happened. It left a 1/2" circle of totally cracked up glass with a 1.5" round ring/crack around that. I've never seen anything like it, and I've taken some serious stuff off windshields including a U-joint from a driveshaft.
    Well I've been here for a year before last winter started so I am well aware of the short lifespan of windshields out here Unfortunately it's crack that goes halfway across the windshield right in the middle of my line of sight. Also I put the car up for sale yesterday and it is one of the things I wanted fixed before I sell it. Don't worry though, when it gets sold I'm putting in an order for a 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanala View Post
    Belmar would be good, when would you all be up for it?
    Sundays work best for me right now. I'll be free not this Sunday but any of them after that. Unfortunately I currently work each Saturday..unless someone is up for a Saturday evening / late afternoon meet???

Well I've been here for a year before last winter started so I am well aware of the short lifespan of windshields out here Unfortunately it's crack that goes halfway across the windshield right in the middle of my line of sight. Also I put the car up for sale yesterday and it is one of the things I wanted fixed before I sell it. Don't worry though, when it gets sold I'm putting in an order for a 2013!
    Good to hear, good luck with your sale.

Subie snacks - 09 WRX, Louisville Colorado. New to the state; not new to the Subies. Add me!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.