Colorado Member's Forum - Page 80
+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 126 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1876

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I've had no problem with any dealership in the denver area. I've dealt with Flatirons (who actually sells accessports... or ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I've had no problem with any dealership in the denver area. I've dealt with Flatirons (who actually sells accessports... or at least used to when I lived up north), both GO Subarus, and Mike Shaw.

Flatirons seems to have been the easiest to deal with regarding modifications, but no one really gave me any problems.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by kukusz View Post
    My Continental DWS tires have done really well, so another yes to good all seasons.
    These are the only all seasons I'd go with in colorado. (dry, wet, snow is what DWS stands for).
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by rathrbbiking View Post
    I haven't had in problems and I don't live in the flatlands of Denver area. I've taken my car offroad on snow covered dirt roads and it handled great.
    Please come and try and drive up my road right now. You won't make it. Snow covered roads that are most likely flat where you are, and don't have high altitude snow, are no comparison to high altitude areas with slopes that can gain a couple hundred feet in not much more distance than that.

Quote Originally Posted by kukusz View Post
    Noted, and definitely something I considered when going with all seasons. I figured I could use chains if I was going to the mountains and in the front range I really didn't need it.
    I have over 20 years of snow driving and hundreds of thousands of miles in it with over a dozen cars. It's not the 99% of times where you're fine that really mean something. Having 4 cars sideways across the highway in front of me today in less than a mile with more spinout tracks than I could count is what means something, when I made it there and back no problem at speeds higher than everybody else.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Please come and try and drive up my road right now. You won't make it.

[snip]

It's not the 99% of times where you're fine that really mean something.
    Agreed, I doubt I could make it in the real hills with the DWS. That being said, last time we had snow in town I drove on the stock summer tires to the airport for a business trip. That was fun - although I did do much better than the RWD vehicles spun all over the road. This is also why I said I would run chains the 1% of the time I am planning on driving in real snow and use my better judgement in other conditions. Although, this is my first CO winter, so hopefully I don't learn the hard way by putting my rex in the ditch/wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    These are the only all seasons I'd go with in colorado. (dry, wet, snow is what DWS stands for).
    Yeah, I did a lot of research on the tirerack website, forums, and also watched some youtube clips of people on decent snow with the DWS and they were able to navigate mildly hilly roads in FWD.

I've had no problem with any dealership in the denver area. I've dealt with Flatirons (who actually sells accessports... or at least used to when I lived up north), both GO Subarus, and Mike Shaw.

Flatirons seems to have been the easiest to deal with regarding modifications, but no one really gave me any problems.
    Sounds good. I bought from Groove (they had the exact car I was looking for) and they have been pretty cool so far. I received the car with a small scratch on the door and they had me bring the car in with an empty tank and fill it up for me, wash it, and buff the scratch out. I might come into their service department and talk to them about tuning and see how they react. I'm not willing to tune unless I get a warm fuzzy from them.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    Please come and try and drive up my road right now. You won't make it. Snow covered roads that are most likely flat where you are, and don't have high altitude snow, are no comparison to high altitude areas with slopes that can gain a couple hundred feet in not much more distance than that.
    I live at 7200 ft and if you drive 45 mins outside of town youll be at 8000 feet and an hour and a half youll be at 9000 so dont tell me I don't have high altitude snow and no the snow covered roads are not mostly flat here.
    Last edited by rathrbbiking; 12-20-2011 at 12:06 AM.

What's up Guys Proud new CO WRX owner! Gymrat2016-North Colorado!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    What year?

Welcome
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

What year?

Welcome
    2002. just bought it so im still kind of new to all this.

WTB: 22/24 adjustable sways and endlinks, used, pretty much any brand considered.

2012 WRX
    Last edited by kukusz; 12-26-2011 at 02:57 PM.

Denver, CO
    Soon to be a 2012 DGM 5dr WRX Limited... been 7 weeks since I received my order# and still no delivery date yet =(

I Support ClubWRX
    Awesome! Welcome
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Hey Guys - I have had an 08 WRX and now have a 11 WRX. I bought from Mike Shaw for the 2008 and NEVER go there. Some tech broke my heated seat, installed the new part but didn't put it in the foam right. I was driving and thought my ass was on fire and I pulled over to find I had a hole in my seat cover. Took it to them again and they broke more stuff. Took it to Shortline and then groove. Finally I ended up going to Flatirons - the best.

With my 2011 I got it from Shortline (sadly) and when I went for a free oil change for buying the car, for full synthetic they still made me pay the difference when the coupon said "free" lol bastards. Then with that oil change, about 1500 miles later I would be in a parking lot in first gear, let the revs climb down naturally and it would pop out of gear. Shortline said that was normal. Wtf?! Really!! I went back to Shortline cause I worked down south... Finally I took it to boulder and here is what happened: the tranny was 1.5 qts low on fluid and over time it caused damage. Had to replace the bearing on tranny mount, first and third gear, the horizontal rod going through all the gears and seals, etc... It was obviously under warranty but still. Just go to Flatirons - especially the service advisor Ryan Knuckles or John...

Performance guys are sick too!
    ----------------------------------------
    Ryan Barnes
    2011 WRX Sedan
    2008 WRX Wagon
    Denver, CO

Hau 2012 WRX prem. aurora co

2002 WRX Golden, CO

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.