Colorado Member's Forum - Page 79
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 125 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1869

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by rathrbbiking You should be good with all seasons. My 02 wrx wagon has all seasons and I've ...

Quote Originally Posted by rathrbbiking View Post
    You should be good with all seasons. My 02 wrx wagon has all seasons and I've been good as gold :-)
    Same here. My all seasons have done better than expected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AccordRanger View Post
    Same here. My all seasons have done better than expected.
    Cool, I'll count myself in. Any decision on route and time yet? I'm willing to drive any distance really, just want to get out...

Haven't decided what time im heading up. Still waiting on if I have it off or not. Where are you located at?

Depending on when stupid ass CT DMV can get their asses in gear and get me my license back and when my car is fixed I'd be down for a drive as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    CT?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

connecticut

Andrew '02 wrx. Parker, Co

My Continental DWS tires have done really well, so another yes to good all seasons.
    Last edited by kukusz; 12-19-2011 at 06:21 PM.

I'd be careful going up in the mountains in CO with all seasons. They'll work fine in the flatlands of the Denver area, but in the mountains they're not going to cut it!
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I'd be careful going up in the mountains in CO with all seasons. They'll work fine in the flatlands of the Denver area, but in the mountains they're not going to cut it!
    I haven't had in problems and I don't live in the flatlands of Denver area. I've taken my car offroad on snow covered dirt roads and it handled great.

Doesn't matter where I am, it's the snow that's the issue

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Doesn't matter where I am, it's the snow that's the issue
    Why is snow an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by rathrbbiking View Post
    Why is snow an issue?
    It was a smart-ass response - my all seasons have been great on clear/lightly covered roads, but if it's really coming down all seasons aren't going to cut it.

The first day I started my pizza delivery job we had a crazy snow storm and my all seasons were excellent. You get a bit more stopping force with snow tires but I've gotten around that with downshifting to slow me down.

Noted, and definitely something I considered when going with all seasons. I figured I could use chains if I was going to the mountains and in the front range I really didn't need it.

Off topic, but I figured here was a good a place as any. I'm thinking of going stage 1 with RomRaider or AP or the like. I read that whole thread that got a little snarky (What wont void Warranty? Accesport Stage 1?) and a number of others on NASIOC and here. Bottom line, I understand that although a stage 1 tune is potentially safer for my car than stock, I could still be denied warranty claims. Does anyone know of a tuner-friendly dealership around here? I'm near Denver and I would much rather admit to having a stage 1 tuned car (otherwise stock) when dealing with warranty issues than play the whole "does my ECU have a counter and can I trick the dealership" game. Therefore, I just want to know what people's experiences are with Denver area dealers and warranty claims on (lightly) tuned vehicles. Just trying to understand my risk-profile so I can make an educated decision on whether to wait another 59332 miles before modding my car in any (mechanical, electrical) way.
    Last edited by kukusz; 12-19-2011 at 06:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.