Colorado Member's Forum - Page 61
+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 126 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey welcome back to the forum Kevin! Sounds like a bad deal on the drivetrain you paid for and sounds ...

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hey welcome back to the forum Kevin! Sounds like a bad deal on the drivetrain you paid for and sounds like the porsche guy has a poor taste in cars.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Meh... he drives a porsche. (Pronounced Poor Shuh). That should give you some idea
    I have nothing to say to you until you buy me and Josh lunch for the free windshield wiper motor and arms you got. Either use em or sell em and buy us lunch.

Thank you for the proper pronunciation of Porsche. A Porch is something on your house. Porsch-e is how you say it correctly. I feel like a jerk any time I say it that way because I feel like a pretentious Porsch-e jerk, but how would you feel if people called you Keeeeeevin all the time? It's a name. Say it freakin right.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    Hey welcome back to the forum Kevin! Sounds like a bad deal on the drivetrain you paid for and sounds like the porsche guy has a poor taste in cars.
    No more severely discounted parts for you!

BTW let me know if you need anything else. I'm about 2 weeks out from scrapping the old STi. Take whatever you want for free (that's not already sold).
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

I Support ClubWRX
    I like the new name keeevin!

Scott, what else do you have that you would give me?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I like the new name keeevin!

Scott, what else do you have that you would give me?
    Pretty much whatever is left you can have man, you're a good guy. The side skirts are sold. The door panels are worth a little too much to justify giving away. If you wanted to get something like the front aluminum control arms, I'd give them to you if you help take them off with me. I'm honestly not sure what else is left. The motor/intake goes to AJ/ASRacing. There's not much left of the car as you've seen.

You're welcome to come by my house again and pick through things if you want. Did the compressor swap end up fixing your problems? Of course with the broken idler pulley too?
    Scott

I Support ClubWRX
    Maybe we can get together Thursday or Saturday?

Haven't charged the system yet as both companies sent me the wrong o rings, even when they had the part numbers.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

WTF dude that's just messed up. They have detailed parts diagrams plus a computer to look things up.

I don't have my kids Saturday so I should be around if you want to come by. If the weather is good I'll probably take the 911 out to have some fun but we can eat some BBQ off the grill and pull parts. I just want the car gone at this point!
    Scott

I Support ClubWRX
    Saturday sounds good then.

I know I made them resend me another one which may be another week and a half.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

If the roads are clear we'll take the 911 for a drive Josh. You really need to understand the monumental leap between that and even a highly tuned Subaru. It's about speed. Doing 120 mph through a corner is nothing but fun and controlled. A whole different world...

Obviously no knock against Subies for anybody reading this I just bought another STI.
    Scott

I Support ClubWRX
    A damn sexy sti too! Sounds good, I'm nervous already
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Eh, it's nothing Josh. I have almost a million miles or experience behind the wheel of some pretty crazy cars.

Just don't get nervous at a 120+ mph power slide. I know what I'm doing.

All of the other young members here that read this, slow the F down and learn how to drive. When you've done almost a million miles of driving, most of it in high performance cars, come talk to me. And NEVER EVER endanger anyone other than yourself or a willing passenger in a car that's designed to do these things. I can do almost 200 mph. Even without a limiter, any STI will be lucky to come close to 75% of these speeds, and won't handle as well. There's an enormous difference between street racing and driving what is essentially a very high performance race car on the street with nobody around.

/old man lecture
    Scott

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice rant...

Not sure if I'm willing to go that fast...
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Nice rant...

Not sure if I'm willing to go that fast...
    Then you better not get in my car. Hitting 150 isn't even a challenge............. Coming back from lunch the other day I topped 100 twice easily and don't know how much above that I went, but 120 is probably realistic. Huge engine and enormous brakes makes it easy, even on mountain roads. 120 is a joke given a 1/2 mile straightaway and 150 with a mile of road is a piece of cake.

After I bought it I hit a new speed record in Oklahoma. I did 175 twice before I shut it down, and it had plenty to go but that was fast enough.
    Last edited by teflon_jones; 01-26-2011 at 12:44 AM.
    Scott

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds sweet but you really have to trust someone to see those kinds of speed. I see 100-150 but over that is just scary...
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

You won't be scared at 150. That isn't a fast speed for this car. I have great tires with no patches and I know how to drive. When we hit 150 you'll think we're just over 100. Can't compare it to anything you've probably ever been in. Let me know if you want to take me up on it.

I can stick to 120 or 130 but you'll want to go faster.
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.