Colorado Member's Forum - Page 51
Page 51 of 124 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by SKI.WRX I was in the same boat with tires. I put them on 3 weeks ago and ...

Quote Originally Posted by SKI.WRX View Post
    I was in the same boat with tires. I put them on 3 weeks ago and have just tried to drive as little as possible on dry roads. Only downside is your winter tires not lasting as long but its way cheaper than repair work after sliding off the road or into another car.
    Quote Originally Posted by mule View Post
    I put my winters on yesterday. If it gets warm again, I'll stick the summers back on. No big deal if you have a second set of tires/wheels sitting in the garage. Well worth the cost to me - $400 for all.
    Guys, winter tires are designed to be used from 50 degrees on down. You're not going to wear them out by driving them on warmer roads. At this point, I'd definitely have my winters on in CO through March or April.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    well the subbie missed first snow this year. Fuel pump should be here today and im hoping that was my problem, i'll know soon enough. On a positive note, its hard to be upset about not being able to drive my WRX today considering it still has bald summer tires on and my backup is a supercharged V8 trailblazer with heated leather seats
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Looks like the fuel pump was the issue. My old one was so far gone that the car wouldnt even start this morning and when i unhooked the fuel lines from the pump not an ounce of fuel came out. New pump is in and the car feels better than it has in months. I forgot how fast it was
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    Looks like the fuel pump was the issue. My old one was so far gone that the car wouldnt even start this morning and when i unhooked the fuel lines from the pump not an ounce of fuel came out. New pump is in and the car feels better than it has in months. I forgot how fast it was
    Awesome!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Nice... it's good to have something simple be an issue for a change.

T. Jones I would take my snows off so I don't have to hear the stupid things howl down the road. I'm not worried about the wear that much - Blizzaks just suck for noise.
    Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to try it.
    Swamp Monster Rally Racing- 91 Impreza - Phase II 2.5 w/ DOHC, RS25 trans/diff, header, 2.25" catted exh, WRX springs, AGX struts, L&M steering, RS power-slot brakes = stage rally build in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by mule View Post
    T. Jones I would take my snows off so I don't have to hear the stupid things howl down the road. I'm not worried about the wear that much - Blizzaks just suck for noise.
    You just need to use the engine noise to drown them out.....
    Scott
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.

Hey guys, any one have any input on clutch issues I'm having?

Here's the post from nasioc:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...240471&page=69

Well crap. The trade deal on my rail is going nowhere, I figured I would have a rally play soobie by now. No 400+hp mods on the 10 until I have another car for snow.
    Swamp Monster Rally Racing- 91 Impreza - Phase II 2.5 w/ DOHC, RS25 trans/diff, header, 2.25" catted exh, WRX springs, AGX struts, L&M steering, RS power-slot brakes = stage rally build in progress...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by utra View Post
    Hey guys, any one have any input on clutch issues I'm having?

Here's the post from nasioc:

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...240471&page=69
    I think you should only deal with the dealership during the warranty period. It's cheaper... and the dealership wont warranty some transmission shop.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

To buy or not to buy, that is the question.....

$2000 for a set of winter tires and rims for the 911 or only drive it on dry road days. Hmmmmm....... I missed out on a set somebody else was selling here in Denver for $1000 last month. Doh!
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post

$2000 for a set of winter tires and rims for the 911 or only drive it on dry road days. Hmmmmm....... I missed out on a set somebody else was selling here in Denver for $1000 last month. Doh!
    Personally i think that car belongs in the dry, especially with the G Wagon as a back up. But im also a believer in driving a car and not just letting it sit in the garage so i say if your confident that you will actually drive it a good amount in the snow and feel confident it can handle it safely go for it. If not, save the money and drive the other car
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post

Do you want to risk it? I'd say with such a capable winter car in the driveway keep the winter off the 911. Winter brings rust and just because you have snow tires it won't stop the minivan from parking itself in your engine bay at the stoplight because they slid.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Park the 911 so you don't collect Mag Chloride on it.
    That crap eats all soft metals like a teen on pizza. I'm on wiring harness #3 for the back end of my truck.

Me, WillieRX, Colorado Springs Area

Well, winter is here, yet its pretty warm today. But already got me a set of sumitomo all-seasons for the next couple years. Lets see if they do well for the winter, the last set on my previous daily driver did pretty well.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

I've heard the subies don't do good in the snow?

I think they do pretty good compared to fwd.

What u guys think?