Colorado Member's Forum - Page 48
Page 48 of 123 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Well, Colorado peeps. I'm in Aurora visiting my parents, and I must say. The Denver area is Subie heaven!! We ...

Subie-Gold!

Well, Colorado peeps. I'm in Aurora visiting my parents, and I must say. The Denver area is Subie heaven!! We drove into Denver today and I saw a white STi hatch with black mudflaps and other mods. Then we were driving towards the Cherry Creek mall and I saw a black hawkeye STi with exhaust and such. I've seen countless other ones but those 2 stick in my head. I sure do love it here.
    Noah | Bugeye Mafia #301

02 MBP WRX Wagon "Annabelle"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks for stoppin in to colorado!

I love this area... it's absolutely amazing.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

New to the forum C.S.

Hello everyone well im very new to all this, im in live in co springs well let me know if anyone else live here, kinda lost

Not too hard to get lost here. I can help you out.
    ""NO TEST DRIVES" Yeah like I'm just going to buy a car without test driving it. Thats like marriage without premarital sex. You don't want a lemon . Only kidding hahaha." ~ EsubaruJ

whats up CO, currently stationed at Buckley AFB, living in aurora. thought id see whats up since i just got my scooby, also 92 MR2 3sgte parked in the back yard .
    92' MR2 3sgte
    05' scooby STi
    94' celica (wifes car)

Keep your head down outside the gates.... Welcome to CO.

Hey crew.
    I just got my 1000cc injectors today
    I want to install them myself but the tuning thing has got me stumped. How did you guys pull it off? I don't want to spend the money having a shop do it, so I was thinking about trailering the car to them. Harvey has been too busy to return my PM, so who else would you recommend in town? I was even thinking about going to the spgs as well. I'm wanting a good stage 2 and E85 for my Cobb AP.
    I like the extra features on the AP....
    I could also go open source to get the car there. Has anyone got a limp along map sent to them by a shop for this? That would be optimal.
    Thanks....

I'm hoping I'm in town for the next meet-n-cruise.
    Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost.
    Old enough to know better, young enough to try it.
    Swamp Monster Rally Racing- 91 Impreza - Phase II 2.5 w/ DOHC, RS25 trans/diff, header, 2.25" catted exh, WRX springs, AGX struts, L&M steering, RS power-slot brakes = stage rally build in progress...

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mule View Post
    Keep your head down outside the gates.... Welcome to CO.

Hey crew.
    I just got my 1000cc injectors today
    I want to install them myself but the tuning thing has got me stumped. How did you guys pull it off? I don't want to spend the money having a shop do it, so I was thinking about trailering the car to them. Harvey has been too busy to return my PM, so who else would you recommend in town? I was even thinking about going to the spgs as well. I'm wanting a good stage 2 and E85 for my Cobb AP.
    I like the extra features on the AP....
    I could also go open source to get the car there. Has anyone got a limp along map sent to them by a shop for this? That would be optimal.
    Thanks....

I'm hoping I'm in town for the next meet-n-cruise.
    I know harvey will send you a base tune for whatever you install to get you to the shop safely. Just need a tactrix cable.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I so want to use him. He's only about 3 miles from a friend's house and I could just drop off the car for the day and hang with my friend.
    I've pm'd him once about prices and he responded. I pm'd him back with questions on what he thought I should do for injectors, he never returned it. I called and he never returned my call..... It's hard to use someone that won't talk to you.... I'm not sure I can get a limp along tune with ought showing up at his shop to get it. I'm all about supporting little shops/businesses. I was self employed for 12 years and have started 4 businesses for my Dad and his partner now. But come on, you have to talk to people once in a while.

So, I talked to Adam down at Revolutions and he's going to email me a map for the Cobb AP to get me down there. Can't get much better than that. I get paid on the 20th so I'll let you guys know how it works out when I get the tune.
    Last edited by mule; 10-08-2010 at 10:46 AM. Reason: add
    Swamp Monster Rally Racing- 91 Impreza - Phase II 2.5 w/ DOHC, RS25 trans/diff, header, 2.25" catted exh, WRX springs, AGX struts, L&M steering, RS power-slot brakes = stage rally build in progress...

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Ya i have worked with Harvey and he can be tough to get ahold of. He is a great tuner but can sometimes fail on the customer service. I know when i called him for my tune i didnt leave my phone number with my message (so used to caller id) and thats why he never called back. Either way i have heard good things about adam
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    Harv is a good guy. I'm in a pickle between him and adam. I'm tempted to go with adam for the E85 tune... Who knows. It's about a year off.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Harv is a good guy. I'm in a pickle between him and adam. I'm tempted to go with adam for the E85 tune... Who knows. It's about a year off.
    Good guys can still have poor service and leave you hanging sometimes weather they mean to or not. Small business is about structure of services too. You have to pick up your phone when it rings and/or call a person back. All the work in the world isn't going to give you work in a few months when everyone is pissed cause you didn't take the time to talk to them.

I respect the little business guys, that's why I always use them first and give them a second chance. Harvey has had that second chance and blew it. Now it's time for me to give someone else a try. I'm not Harvey bashing, only restating what has already happened and why I won't give it any more time. Adam did what I needed the first time. He answered the phone and talked to me about what I needed done, explained to me what I needed to do for him and got me up to speed. Now, if I flake out, shame on me and Adam can tell me to take a flying leap. BTW, it's going to be $450 for the two maps to run on the AP and they cover the fuel draining and 1/4 tank of E85 in mine. One other place that I won't name told me they charge and extra $65 for that service.
    hasta
    G

My Humble Apology

Sorry for missing your attempts at contact. I was in Moab last week and returned to find about 60 phone messages and 30 emails. I haven't had a chance to stop working on scheduled cars either. Anyhow those are excuses and I am here to apologise.

I truly do appreciate all my local communities' business and empathize with the love of the Subaru engine.

Srangest thing ever though is that I just walked in the door from work and haven't been on this forum in quite a while and I just happened to come to see what's goin on. Providence I tell ya.

See y'all and sorry again.
    Speed freak

Harvey.
    This was before you left for Moab. I knew about that trip. I'm not trying to bust your chops on this. But things are the way they are for a reason sometimes. I've been trying to be as appropriate as I could with this and not be a jerk about you. Hope you can see that in what and how I have posted. But, I have to make a decision based on how things have progressed over the past couple of months. I'm not the only one who has noticed though, I've spoken to some of the other local retail guys. Just and FYI.... Hope the trip was good.

No hard feelings. I harbor none and am sure I can't please everyone in business or even life.

I probably do deserve more online criticism, but even that is less important these days than the cars that are here and the care I take with them.

I have a buddy who just started last week and is handling the phone a few days a week.

Adam is a very good freind at Revs. I assume you'll be happy with their custom mapping as I would too.

Anyhow, I thought yer pics of the green R/C rockcrawler were badass and I am also trying to find alone time with mine.

My trip to Moab was awesome. I carried one of my year sons up to Delicate Arch on my back with my R/C car doing the whole trail and some crawlin. Rented a four seater RZR and crawled Fins-N-Things near Slickrock with the family. We camped in a beautiful spot next to a huge petrified dune. Thanks.
    Speed freak

Yeah, no hard feelings here. Good call on your friend helping out, that should take some pressure off of you.
    Thanks for the props on the crawler. If I have any left over crawler stuff for my Losi I'll drop it off for you sometime. I sold mine and it's not doing me any good. I know there is an extra stock battery pack and speed control still there that you could use.
    Go to www.rccrawler.com and look for the local area threads. I have a spot posted for Longmont rocks.