Colorado Member's Forum - Page 35
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 125 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Update: Went to another mechanic today to get a second opinion. Apparently it is a rod knock for sure. Bad ...

Update:
    Went to another mechanic today to get a second opinion. Apparently it is a rod knock for sure. Bad news is I have to put money into my car. Good news is i get to put money into my car and my wife has to be ok with it! Ha. Right now, I think I'm just going to do a 2.5 short block and keep my 2.0 heads. I've got a mechanic who will do it and a tune for pretty cheap, and he does good work. The problem now is finding a motor. I have a buddy who works for Subaru, and hopefully he can get a new EJ257 short block for me for a hefty discount. Am I going to have to get a bunch of new stuff for this swap, or will the 2.5 shortblock suffice for now? I've been reading a few threads on here, but if any of y'all have some advice, I will take it.
    Anyone have a EJ257 for sale?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tshivers00 View Post
    Update:
    Went to another mechanic today to get a second opinion. Apparently it is a rod knock for sure. Bad news is I have to put money into my car. Good news is i get to put money into my car and my wife has to be ok with it! Ha. Right now, I think I'm just going to do a 2.5 short block and keep my 2.0 heads. I've got a mechanic who will do it and a tune for pretty cheap, and he does good work. The problem now is finding a motor. I have a buddy who works for Subaru, and hopefully he can get a new EJ257 short block for me for a hefty discount. Am I going to have to get a bunch of new stuff for this swap, or will the 2.5 shortblock suffice for now? I've been reading a few threads on here, but if any of y'all have some advice, I will take it.
    Anyone have a EJ257 for sale?
    nasioc has a couple right now
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Hey what's up all? I've been a member of awdpirates and nasioc but just found out about this forum. Moved to Colorado Springs almost a month ago. Just came from CA but from WA. looking forward to going up to Denver for meets.

Ron

Welcome!

whats up, im in colorado springs i ordered my wrx from dave solon in pueblo on march 1st... im still waiting on it needless to say. they say it will come in on may 10th. its a white 10' hatch with spt exhaust, spt boost gauge, sti ss, fogs w/ protection kit, aw floor mats, and cargo tray

I Support ClubWRX
    Hey Boys n Girls...

I'm headed up to bandimere for the first "CSP - Take it to the track" night.

It's this Weds... tech starts at 4, and the line opens at 4:30.

it's $30 for as many runs as you can get in before they close the track (usually about 9).

Spectators are $10, and usually kiddos are free... don't know the age range though.

It's a great time if you've never been. Even if you're not racing, a lot of local tuners, and vendors make it up there, and there are a lot of fast WRXs and STi's up there!

Drop by!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

huh im not on that list... lol... I live in colorado springs... yeah im the guy with the hellas on the front of his car... at least I use my subie for what its made for though... anyway hope to some of you out in the dirt soon

if any of you guys can make it come check out the meet in may... yes your going to get dirty... very dirty...

http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=14077
    Last edited by Bubba02Sti; 04-28-2010 at 01:18 PM.
    Blowing doors off of Honda's since 1985

Registered User ProRallyWannabe's Avatar
    well, just thought id stop by to say hi. ive been a member for a couple years now...

oh yeah i remember why i never came back. y'all are a bunch of street qweens
    "Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)

Quote Originally Posted by ProRallyWannabe View Post
    well, just thought id stop by to say hi. ive been a member for a couple years now...

oh yeah i remember why i never came back. y'all are a bunch of street qweens
    we don't appreciate that kinda talk...

hahahahahahaha
    "Strait roads are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers" -Colon Steele McRae (1968-2007)

hahahahahahaha

I was once asked if I ever felt what it was like to drive an AWD car on the pavement...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba02Sti View Post
    I was once asked if I ever felt what it was like to drive an AWD car on the pavement...
    thats interesting.... im assuming you havent. cause i bet you would've lowerd your STI by now

thats interesting.... im assuming you havent. cause i bet you would've lowerd your STI by now
    it was lowered coming off that crest that wasn't really a crest but it turned out to be a really ****ing big jump

New WRX owner from Colorado Springs.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomslang View Post
    New WRX owner from Colorado Springs.
    welcome
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.