Colorado Member's Forum - Page 29
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 126 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637383979 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Bri Parker, Co...

New

Bri
    Parker, Co

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Well that's good. So what is their deal anyways then...$2700 for the internals on the block? Er...?
    $2700 for everything listed. But it will also need other parts for the build and the cost of labor, so it would cost $5000 for everything
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Well that's good. So what is their deal anyways then...$2700 for the internals on the block? Er...?
    I would hope so given you've posted this on at least two boards....I'm sure they quickly realized their PR mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by eisblitz View Post
    Bri
    Parker, Co
    Welcome,
    Chris,
    South Denver, CO
    2009 WRX - South Denver, CO

yeh! I'm actually moving from S. Aurora tomorrow to Parker.
    Mixes ---> http://www.soundcloud.com/briwest
    "If you're in control, you're going too slow" - Mario Andretti
    "The world is a playground, are you getting dirty enough?" - Subaru

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by eisblitz View Post
    Bri
    Parker, Co
    Welcome Bri!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I'll be moving stuff to the newer house later today, so people will see a lot of a 67 ford fairlane ranchero gold (burnt amber metallic) colour in parker.

And thanks Lefty (sinister)!

I Support ClubWRX
    Why the nick-name lefty?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

So why is it I get the feeling Im like the only 08-10 STi thats modified in Colorado? lol. I see 08-10 STi's all the time just none that are modified. I wanna see some of the things people have dont to this body style and try to see how some of the aftermarket downpipes sound. I had a 03 Civic Si with Short Ram Intake, Megan Racing Sports Header, Megan Racing Hi-Flow Cat, MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust, Rear Upper Strut Brace, PolyUrethane Engine Mounts, Nuespeed Short Shifter, Aluminum Shifter Bushings. I had to take the hi-Flow cat out because it made the car super loud and annoying on the highway at 80mph and it had a buzzing sound to it as well. So in the end Im looking for maybe a catless that isnt raspy or has a buzzing sound to it. Maybe you guys can help me out a bit as Im still new to Subarus.

P.S. Im in Highlands Ranch, Colorado

moving isn't fun, but almost complete.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGodX View Post
    So why is it I get the feeling Im like the only 08-10 STi thats modified in Colorado? lol. I see 08-10 STi's all the time just none that are modified. I wanna see some of the things people have dont to this body style and try to see how some of the aftermarket downpipes sound. I had a 03 Civic Si with Short Ram Intake, Megan Racing Sports Header, Megan Racing Hi-Flow Cat, MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust, Rear Upper Strut Brace, PolyUrethane Engine Mounts, Nuespeed Short Shifter, Aluminum Shifter Bushings. I had to take the hi-Flow cat out because it made the car super loud and annoying on the highway at 80mph and it had a buzzing sound to it as well. So in the end Im looking for maybe a catless that isnt raspy or has a buzzing sound to it. Maybe you guys can help me out a bit as Im still new to Subarus.
    You'll experience better exhaust sound out of any Subaru than you will any Civic...especially catless. I loved my catless exhaust sound. Boxer motor > Honda motor

i really dont want my car to super loud either lol. ive met a bunch of people with stis that have catless downpipes and there cars are so loud. last thing i need is a ticket for me exhaust lol.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGodX View Post
    i really dont want my car to super loud either lol. ive met a bunch of people with stis that have catless downpipes and there cars are so loud. last thing i need is a ticket for me exhaust lol.
    I've never met someone who got a ticket for exhaust. And trust me, there are some V8 engines with no cats and a hi-flow muffler that can make your STi sound like a mouse in comparison. Also, ever seen some modified diesel engines? Guys put exhaust on those and they are INSANELY loud and blow black smoke everywhere and they don't get tickets.

But back to the point... your sound will have more to do with your cat-back/muffler than it will with your downpipe. I had a catless downpipe and a Greddy Evo2 catback (one of the more quiet ones) and my sound was great. It wasn't too loud or anything. I knew guys with stock downpipes and some loud crap like Blitz NurSpec catback that was way more loud than my setup.

So pick a nice quiet catback (Greddy Evo2, Borla Hush, Cobb, etc) and you can run a catless downpipe all day long.

yea i got a hks no cat down pipe and high flow hks exhaust and never got pulled over and it has a really nice deep tone. I did how ever got pulled over in my turbo accord and had a 90 dollar fine for exhaust being to loud

I had an Tsudo N1 cat-back, megan racing test pipe and header and got pulled over that night in my honda. I have the magnaflow which i really like on the STi.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.