Colorado Member's Forum - Page 26
Page 26 of 124 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi all thought I would drop in and say hay, im new here. I was just looking around the web ...

Hi all thought I would drop in and say hay, im new here. I was just looking around the web for colorado awd guys. Just looking to hit up some meets and stuff. I drive an 03 wrb wrx. So thats my intro hay guys....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by explicit_03 View Post
    Hi all thought I would drop in and say hay, im new here. I was just looking around the web for colorado awd guys. Just looking to hit up some meets and stuff. I drive an 03 wrb wrx. So thats my intro hay guys....
    Welcome

After this snow disappears myself and josh were talking about doing a drive up hwy 6 to get some beaujo's pizza. You should join us!

-Kevin
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

where is that? I live in the grand junction area...

Wrinklechops
    Perhaps I misunderstood, or the wording is misleading.

This is from Harvey's website:

Tuning is either by the hour or by the map, please call, email, or come by for a quote. Pricing will be $175 per hour. Maps for common reflash systems will be $375 for the first map, and $175 for the second when made during the same session. Uncommon systems and setups will need to be charged by the hour after 3.5 hours.
    I took that to mean it would be $375 for a basic custom pro-tune on an Accessport or via RomRaider, etc. Since Harvey tunes Subaru's all day, I don't see why it would take him any more than 2 hours to nail down a fairly decent tune...unless it's on some kind of crazy big turbo or built engine or something special, I don't know.

I do know that it doesn't take Nick at Mac any more than 2 hours usually to nail down a tune. And that's including time he takes off from the tune to run around the shop and put out fires like a chicken with his head cut off. Now, just because he gets it done fast doesn't mean it's right, I know, but still...many have had success and happiness from Nick's tunes that he bangs out pretty quickly.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by explicit_03 View Post
    where is that? I live in the grand junction area...
    a ways away from you! about 3-4hrs on I 70
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't get your point colin. At super rupair harvey did mine for 150/hr... at MAC it costs 350 for a map, harvey's new shop costs $375 per map.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I don't get your point colin. At super rupair harvey did mine for 150/hr... at MAC it costs 350 for a map, harvey's new shop costs $375 per map.
    I don't know what Mac's hourly rate is, but Nick usually nails a pro-tune in 2-3 hours at most. I paid $350 for my tune there and everyone I have talked to that has been there hasn't paid more than $350-$400 usually. Especially if it's a Subaru or Evo which Nick has a lot of experience tuning. That's all I was saying. I always heard a tune from Harvey can cost upwards of $500. But both are great tuners no doubt.

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    i dont see how harvey would charge that much especially when he gives his rates flat out. Nick did my tune in less than an houd on upenecu and charged me $350. You need to set a price for what your getting before you actually get the tune and then find out whats coming out of your wallet.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    i dont see how harvey would charge that much especially when he gives his rates flat out. Nick did my tune in less than an houd on upenecu and charged me $350. You need to set a price for what your getting before you actually get the tune and then find out whats coming out of your wallet.
    Did your price for the tune include any kind of diagnostic fee for them figuring out what was going on with your boost controller/solenoid/restrictor pill?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Did your price for the tune include any kind of diagnostic fee for them figuring out what was going on with your boost controller/solenoid/restrictor pill?
    nope they charged me and extra $40 for that. Yeah i figured out i think i got screwed over...
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Wrinklechops
    nope they charged me and extra $40 for that. Yeah i figured out i think i got screwed over...
    Why, is your tune jacked? I remember you telling me you never got a dyno printout. Did you ever get that?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Why, is your tune jacked? I remember you telling me you never got a dyno printout. Did you ever get that?
    i did get the email of my tune, no it is not jacked. I should have only gotten charged 175 but didnt
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Wrinklechops
    i did get the email of my tune, no it is not jacked. I should have only gotten charged 175 but didnt
    Why, because it only took him an hour?

Glad you got your printout though. What were your AFRs and torque like we were discussing? Post up that dyno sheet!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    a ways away from you! about 3-4hrs on I 70
    O dang well you ever come down this way?

New Guy!

What's up All!

I purchased a '10 wrx sedan xmas eve and just wanted to intro myself. I live in SE Denver and am looking forward to getting together with some people for meets and what not.

This is my first subaru and I love this car!

Ozzie