Colorado Member's Forum - Page 23
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 125 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Lengthwise32 ...and I mainly drink Sierra Nevada pale ale. lol I hate to say this, but that's ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lengthwise32 View Post
    ...and I mainly drink Sierra Nevada pale ale. lol
    I hate to say this, but that's by far my least favorite pale ale

I'm an IPA fan though, and the SA PA just doesn't have enough hops for me
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    Ah.... Similar to french "allemande"

I'm not a heffe/wheat guy... can't do that stuff!
    Im definately a heffe guy. If you ever want to try a new wheaty beer. Paulaner Heffeweizen is one of my favorites. I grew up drinkin that stuff. They actually just recently started selling it in the states. They only have 6 packs or 12 packs.

Last time i went back home I brought me a nice gift back ha ha...
    5 liter mini keg... it was delicious.

Brewed the same way since 1634.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm thinking we all need to make a brewery meet... or a tap house run...
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

/agree

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I'm thinking we all need to make a brewery meet... or a tap house run...
    2009 WRX - South Denver, CO

I Support ClubWRX
    Avery Brewing (in Boulder) does free 4pm tours tues-fri and 2pm sat/sun, and has a pretty good restaurant with tap house... That'd be a fun meet. And under 21 can still come, they just can't have any brew.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Wrinklechops
    AWD doesn't mean crap if you don't have any ground clearance.

AWD also doesn't mean crap if you don't have some good tires to go with it.

This is what happens when you try to run summer tires in the winter here:

Even AWD won't save you. It ceases to be All Wheel Drive and becomes All Wheel Slide!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    AWD doesn't mean crap if you don't have any ground clearance.

AWD also doesn't mean crap if you don't have some good tires to go with it.

This is what happens when you try to run summer tires in the winter here:

Even AWD won't save you. It ceases to be All Wheel Drive and becomes All Wheel Slide!
    I was up there the week before thanksgiving....snow and ice with my desert tires .... Had a blast in a empty parking lot....luckily I made it out unscathed....lol

Ice on the freeway was scary with traffic

i was just looking at winter shoes looking at spending 1417.00 for rims and rubber.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by azul_houb View Post
    i was just looking at winter shoes looking at spending 1417.00 for rims and rubber.
    That seems really high. For winter wheels you might as well pick up the cheapest used stockers you can find and put some nice snow tires on them. You can find 02-03 stockers for 100-150 and spend 500-600 on nice tires and have a great setup.

Even brand new wheels with winter tires from tirerack are like 900 mounted.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by azrcnut View Post
    Ice on the freeway was scary with traffic
    Oh yes indeed. I was scared poopless. Couldn't stop no matter what I did. Came THIS CLOSE to about 2 wrecks, one of which would have involved me getting T-boned by a semi truck.

I'm lucky. Learned my lesson though. I would have taken any 2WD car in the world if it had snow tires at that moment.

That picture of my broken rim happened when I was just trying to turn left from a stop sign in my neighborhood. Went smacking into a sidewalk at about 5-10mph... lol

wow, I feel bad for you man. that pic of your rim looks like it took quite the hit.

One might say that the cost of winter tires easily pay for themselves by avoiding an accident or worse. Still though even winter tires won't save one from black ice, they just will help.
    2009 WRX - South Denver, CO

Winter tires for Denver?

Hey everyone!

I just bought an '09 WRX 4-door and am super excited! I just found (and joined) this site today and looking forward to learning from the experts.

My question relates to winter tires. (Sorry if it's already been addressed already!) Given the summer performance tires I have now, the consensus seems to be that winter tires are a good idea, especially since I got this car so I can go skiing in the worst weather. But what do I buy? Winter driving is not an issue for me (I grew up in ND), and mountain driving is not a problem given that I've lived in Denver for 13 years. I heard that true snow tires will not last long here due to the lack of snow in the city. I'm not really thinking of racing the car; I just want something that will let me get up I-70 on a big powder day -- and have fun doing it!

Does anyone have some specific suggestions? Also, is it worthwhile to get a second set of rims as well? Is this just for ease of changing or is there some other reason?

Thanks for the help!

I have blizzak snow tires. they are super good in the snow and are lasting me pretty good. i would suggest getting another set of wheels too. it just makes it sooo much easier to switch out the sets in winter and summer.

Here are my tires...

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by morelley View Post
    Winter driving is not an issue for me (I grew up in ND), and mountain driving is not a problem given that I've lived in Denver for 13 years. I heard that true snow tires will not last long here due to the lack of snow in the city.
    Have you seen any of the last few snow storms? Maybe it doesn't last more than a few days, but if you plan on going anywhere during those few days, I would highly advise getting snow tires. See my post earlier in this thread of my broken rim. That's what happens when you have summer tires

Also, is it worthwhile to get a second set of rims as well? Is this just for ease of changing or is there some other reason?
    Ease of changing, yes. Overall saving money too, since you don't have to pay a shop to mount your new tires every season. This is good if you plan on keeping the car for a long time.

Also, I don't know what size the stock rims are on the 09, but if you ever decide to upgrade to a larger rim, you will have trouble finding cheap snow tires. That's why it's good to just get a set of cheap snow tires for the stock rims and put your nice summer tires on the new rims, should you ever buy them.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman03wrx View Post
    I have blizzak snow tires. they are super good in the snow and are lasting me pretty good. i would suggest getting another set of wheels too. it just makes it sooo much easier to switch out the sets in winter and summer.

Here are my tires...
    are those stockers powdercoated or painted? They look really good.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.