Colorado Member's Forum - Page 20
Page 20 of 123 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 1844

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Sinister but the impression I got from the initial post was that it was going to be ...

  1. #286
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    but the impression I got from the initial post was that it was going to be a rebuild. I wouldn't pay nearly that cost for a rebuild. Instead forged internals, and a quality engine.
    Why not just go ALL OUT and spend anywhere from $5500-16000 for an engine? lol

    Subaru Engine Assemblies - Cosworth USA



    EDIT: from the initial post it appears he already bought the engine anyways? And was just looking for advice on a place to install it? Idk

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #287
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,617
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    EDIT: from the initial post it appears he already bought the engine anyways? And was just looking for advice on a place to install it? Idk
    1. I need to replace a seized motor 2.5L DOHC Turbo. Found a remanufactured one from Colorado Compnent Rebuilders in Denver for @ $4300(after core refund). Any feedback on this outfit?

    I don't think so...
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  4. #288
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I don't think so...
    Sounds like he just wanted feedback on the "outfit", not the price.

  5. #289
    Registered User TheSpruceGoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    19
    Any other 09's in the Denver area on here?

    Oh and I agree with avoiding racing trenz...they will do anything for a few extra bucks.
    2009 SPT WRX.
    Cobb AccessPort Stage 2. Cobb Downpipe.
    Cobb Short Shift/Bushings. SPT Cat-Back.
    Perrin Turbo Inlet. HKS SSQV.
    6000k HIDs. Lamin-X Headlights & Tailights.
    Pioneer Nav, Bluetooth & Sirius.

  6. #290
    Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    Posts
    1,719
    I Support ClubWRX
    yamaha_rider619 - Littleton, Colorado
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

  7. #291
    Registered User beanssubie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Englewood
    Posts
    1

    '09's in Denver

    Yep, I have a '09 WRX satin white hatchback. We bought it this summer and love driving it.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpruceGoose View Post
    Any other 09's in the Denver area on here?

    Oh and I agree with avoiding racing trenz...they will do anything for a few extra bucks.

  8. #292
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,617
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    yamaha_rider619 - Littleton, Colorado
    Added to the first page
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  9. #293
    Registered User DirtySamchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wheat Ridge, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    26
    Does anyone know a good place to get my rear fenders rolled? I live in lakewood and i dont mind commuting to get it done right.

  10. #294
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,617
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by beanssubie View Post
    Yep, I have a '09 WRX satin white hatchback. We bought it this summer and love driving it.
    Nice Welcome!
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  11. #295
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,617
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtySamchez View Post
    Does anyone know a good place to get my rear fenders rolled? I live in lakewood and i dont mind commuting to get it done right.
    I've heard good things about SVE but I've never been there
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

  12. #296
    Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    Posts
    1,719
    I Support ClubWRX
    I went to super rupair today and they fixed my main rear seal. About when i got to work, i went straight there from the shop. I live in littleton, and the shop is about an hour away highway and some city roads with traffic. When i got to work my engine started to smoke white. It seemed to be coolant leaking and burning on the exhaust. Could they have caused this and would they fix it for free? It didn't leak coolant before i went to the shop today...
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

  13. #297
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    I went to super rupair today and they fixed my main rear seal. About when i got to work, i went straight there from the shop. I live in littleton, and the shop is about an hour away highway and some city roads with traffic. When i got to work my engine started to smoke white. It seemed to be coolant leaking and burning on the exhaust. Could they have caused this and would they fix it for free? It didn't leak coolant before i went to the shop today...
    Perhaps it was just residue? Did you try calling them before asking us?

  14. #298
    Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    2,664
    Are there any road course type tracks in the foothills area? Basically anywhere near Denver or even better Ft collins. At some point i want to get my car out on a track but the drag strip just doesnt seem like nearly as much fun to me.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

  15. #299
    Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    Posts
    1,719
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrinklechops View Post
    Perhaps it was just residue? Did you try calling them before asking us?
    no i did not call them first because they closed at 530 and it started smoking at 6.

    But what i did find out by further investigating the leak, i found when the put the engine back after fixing the rear main seal they left the engine too far forward which caused the pulley to wear a hole in the radiator hose.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

  16. #300
    Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    no i did not call them first because they closed at 530 and it started smoking at 6.

    But what i did find out by further investigating the leak, i found when the put the engine back after fixing the rear main seal they left the engine too far forward which caused the pulley to wear a hole in the radiator hose.
    Interesting. Let us know what Super Rupair says.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •