Colorado Member's Forum - Page 18
Page 18 of 125 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; how much are you selling it for and what kind is it?...

how much are you selling it for and what kind is it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by RugbyJKC10 View Post
    how much are you selling it for and what kind is it?
    It's a Blitz full auto dual turbo timer.
    BLITZ DTT (Dual Turbo Timer) DCII

PM me for details.

when do you want me to come down and get the timer?

Wrinklechops
    when do you want me to come down and get the timer?
    I'm sorry, I was dealing with something yesterday. Maybe this weekend if you have time? Or just let me know your schedule. I am still looking up instructions on how to take it off my car since it was just on there when I bought it lol

Its all good. i should have some time tomorrow depending on weather and all that. What cross roads do you live at? just so i know the general area of where you are

Wrinklechops
    Its all good. i should have some time tomorrow depending on weather and all that. What cross roads do you live at? just so i know the general area of where you are
    email me at: kylig.fire@gmail.com

Im running a 2002 WRX with an AEM short ram intake and SR*R CatBack exhaust. Does anyone know a place in Colorado Springs, or within an hour drive, that can tune my car for this? I'm tired of the check engine light being on cause of running lean. Or if someone can do an open sourse (i think its called that?) I could pay your for that? Thanks guys!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by junior1023 View Post
    Im running a 2002 WRX with an AEM short ram intake and SR*R CatBack exhaust. Does anyone know a place in Colorado Springs, or within an hour drive, that can tune my car for this? I'm tired of the check engine light being on cause of running lean. Or if someone can do an open sourse (i think its called that?) I could pay your for that? Thanks guys!
    Adam at revolutions performance in colorado springs is one of the best tuners in the state.

Before you get a tune, I'd get a downpipe to make the tune worthwhile.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Ive called them and left voicemails, sent them an email and sent them a message on myspace and never heard back..

I Support ClubWRX
    Ive called them and left voicemails, sent them an email and sent them a message on myspace and never heard back..
    I've talked to them on the phone several times, and received responses via email.

I'd try again if I were you. May just have been bad luck.

If you want to drive to parker, MAC motorsports is there and has mixed reviews, Most good, but some not. Last time I was there the owner was asking ME questions... So I'm a little hesitant to go back.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I had my car tuned at Racing Trenz and quite a few others I know have also been there with no problems.

It's funny how people talk smack yet they've never been to the place and never experienced the service. Which in return, have no room to say anything.

Seriously, they wouldn't be in business for as long as they have been if they really did a shotty job. They're one of the oldest tuning shops around. Other newer shops and tuners will always talk smack about other places. Trenz doesn't do that, not once have they said anything bad about anyone nor brought up names of shops/tuners.

Honestly, some people just need to grow up with the smack talk. If you don't like a place just because you "heard" so and so said this and that, keep it to yourself unless you've been there. What is this? Middle- f'ing school?

I rather trust a knowledgeable person to tune my car than just some random/inexperienced guy with a cable and a laptop any day.

Just my 2 cents.

BTW, Hi everyone, I know I haven't been on as often as I like. There's just so much going on right now. I really need to get my butt into gear and go to one of the meets. Too bad my car is still at the body shop for hail damage repair.
    Last edited by VietGuhTrippie; 10-13-2009 at 12:47 AM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #0136
    OBP '07 WRX TR tuned by Racing Trenz
    239whp 330.7wtq Corn fed

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by VietGuhTrippie View Post
    I had my car tuned at Racing Trenz and quite a few others I know have also been there with no problems.

It's funny how people talk smack yet they've never been to the place and never experienced the service. Which in return, have no room to say anything.

Seriously, they wouldn't be in business for as long as they have been if they really did a shotty job. They're one of the oldest tuning shops around. Other newer shops and tuners will always talk smack about other places. Trenz doesn't do that, not once have they said anything bad about anyone nor brought up names of shops/tuners.

Honestly, some people just need to grow up with the smack talk. If you don't like a place just because you "heard" so and so said this and that, keep it to yourself unless you've been there. What is this? Middle- f'ing school?

I rather trust a knowledgeable person to tune my car than just some random/inexperienced guy with a cable and a laptop any day.

Just my 2 cents.

BTW, Hi everyone, I know I haven't been on as often as I like. There's just so much going on right now. I really need to get my butt into gear and go to one of the meets. Too bad my car is still at the body shop for hail damage repair.

I too have known people who have gotten tuned at Trenz, some with good things to say, most without. You're right, I've never been there, so what do I know?

All I do know is, it's pretty dumb to tune someone for E85 on a stock fuel pump, stock injectors, etc with no exhaust, boost control, larger IC etc. Maybe you don't NEED boost control or a larger IC, but you would probably want better exhaust (turbo-back) if you're running much higher levels of boost (as you do on E85)...and with that, you would probably want a better IC to cool that higher level of boost.

I think it's equally dumb to charge someone $500-$600 for aforementioned dumb service. It's stories like these that make me wary of Trenz. I'm pretty sure Harvey at Super Rupair or Nick at Mac Autosports for example would tell you to get bigger injectors, fuel pump, IC, exhaust, etc if you were going to be doing an E85 tune. They are in the business to make money too, but they also want you to be happy and get the most performance out of your setup at a safe level. I don't think it's safe or good to run E85 on stock 565cc injectors, then trying to play the scaling game to get the AFRs to a safe level.

What you say about not talking smack about a shop without experiencing it firsthand has its points, but you have to understand that the tuner business RELIES on word of mouth and repeat business.

I also think it says something that Racing Trenz isn't a part of the local AWDpirates forum I don't think? Granted, that place is almost Harvey-exclusive referral forum, but if you talk to just about anyone on that forum (Flatirons Tuning, Suba Performance, or any local Subaru dealership), they will most likely steer you in the direction of someone like Harvey, Nick, or even Adam at Revolutions. These guys are the top tuners in the state for Subarus.

I mean, if you're going to spend $500-$600 on a tune from Racing Trenz anyways, why not spend even less than that for a tune from one of Colorado's bests?

I may have been off on a few points, I don't know. If Kevin/Sinister reads this, he can probably elaborate more on technical aspects, or everything I said in general. He's a little more up on the local Subaru community than me. I had to check out for a while

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    just to clarify, auto trenz and auto trends are two different shops. Trenz is the tune shop in question and trends is more of a parts and install shop in ft collins.

Thought that could get kind of confusing for the op on the topic that started this whole tune shop brawl
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I appreciate the clarification GarrettKoonsman, lol. That coulda got alil confusing. So, is it even worth it at this point in time for me to get a tune? I mean, from what you guys are saying it runs quite a but more than I was expecting (though $200-$250ish). All I really have right now as far as "mods" is a larger radiator, short ram intake and catback exhaust. It just drives me nuts with the "check engine" light on due to the car possibly running lean cause of the intake. Just doesnt seem like $500 is really justified over that. Am I at a huge risk? I dont have any kind of engine management either (im new to this "tuning" world) so dont they just reprogram my ECU to adjust for the slightly larger ammount of air being taken in?

Thanks guys

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    I appreciate the clarification GarrettKoonsman, lol. That coulda got alil confusing. So, is it even worth it at this point in time for me to get a tune? I mean, from what you guys are saying it runs quite a but more than I was expecting (though $200-$250ish). All I really have right now as far as "mods" is a larger radiator, short ram intake and catback exhaust. It just drives me nuts with the "check engine" light on due to the car possibly running lean cause of the intake. Just doesnt seem like $500 is really justified over that. Am I at a huge risk? I dont have any kind of engine management either (im new to this "tuning" world) so dont they just reprogram my ECU to adjust for the slightly larger ammount of air being taken in?

Thanks guys
    If i were you i would get a downpipe and uppipe to complete your exhaust system then get a tune. Yes its a little bit of money but the intake is hurting your engine untuned and your seeing no benefit. With a little money you can get a good amount of power. And yes essentially they are reprogramming your ecu but it is far more extensive than just adjusting for the air. They will adjust nearly every aspect to get you the most performance while keeping the engine running safely.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics