Colorado Member's Forum - Page 115

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by mutchwrx hi Colorado drivers i am very excited to pick up my wrx tomorrow. unfortunately i do ...

Quote Originally Posted by mutchwrx View Post
    hi Colorado drivers
    i am very excited to pick up my wrx tomorrow. unfortunately i do not think i will be able to make Sunday's meet. Perhaps i can just come for the meet, but not for the drive.
    here are the plans i have, let me know what you think as we all live in the same altitude and conditions: BOV, kartboy STS and bushings, downpipe, cold air intake, radar detector, window tint, viper pager alarm with everything, some type of fog lights.
    nothing fancy, just want it to sound and look good with a little extra oomph.
    the tires that come with it, i expect i will need to change for winter anyway?
    Congrats on your WRX! You're more then welcomed to still come to the meet and hangout. Would like to see your new WRX. All those sound like great mods, the only thing is if you do get the CAI you'll have to also get a Cobb Tuning tune. Unfortunately with our cars you can't just put on a CAI without a tune. It'll mess up the timing and start backfiring. And yes a good set of winter tires will be needed.
    My name is Jack and I look forward to meeting you on Sunday! I'll be in the SWP wingless sedan.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

hi Colorado drivers
    i am very excited to pick up my wrx tomorrow. unfortunately i do not think i will be able to make Sunday's meet. Perhaps i can just come for the meet, but not for the drive.
    here are the plans i have, let me know what you think as we all live in the same altitude and conditions: BOV, kartboy STS and bushings, downpipe, cold air intake, radar detector, window tint, viper pager alarm with everything, some type of fog lights.
    nothing fancy, just want it to sound and look good with a little extra oomph.
    the tires that come with it, i expect i will need to change for winter anyway?
    Do not get a blow off valve until you read the gigantic thread of why not to get one.

"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

In the age of instant on radars and laser, and VASCAR, a radar detector is pointless.
    Last edited by ITS-STI; 09-26-2013 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ITS-STI View Post
    In the age of instant on radars and laser, and VASCAR, a radar detector is pointless.
    This is false. If you use it properly you will know that there is instant on ahead. I almost never am around C. Springs but I have never once seen an actual VASCAR system in use in the areas of Colorado I drive in.

Well I hope you can make it to the meet...btw for anybody to know my group of subarus will be heading up there also from monument park and ride to meet up with nicole and anybody else it'll probably be about 10 or so wrx and stis and a couple of gtrs ans an nsx if whoever wants to tag along there more than welcome

Sighs, how about this then..... You can not overcome a lack of mods, ie bigger turbo through the way you drive. You can save money on buying a radar detector by not driving like a moron, and use that money for more performance.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Mafia View Post
    We usually do go somewhere after the cruise to eat/chill.

Yeah were going to go watch the game after so.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX_Mafia View Post
    We usually do go somewhere after the cruise to eat/chill.

Yeah were going to go watch the game after so.

Sighs, how about this then..... You can not overcome a lack of mods, ie bigger turbo through the way you drive. You can save money on buying a radar detector by not driving like a moron, and use that money for more performance.
    Maybe not in a straight line but a better driver can absolutely drive a slower car faster than joe schmo can drive his totally modded out STI given a tight twisty track.

What will you do with this new performance while never breaking any speed limits?

Driving like a moron is what you described earlier, expecting a radar detector to save you from everything.
    Using a tool to enhance your knowledge of your surroundings on the road in a way that your eyes and ears cannot seems far from moronic to me. But I'm not trying to convince you to buy one, I was just refuting the statement that a radar detector is useless.

I don't see the point in spending money on a bigger turbo for my application, and you don't want a radar detector. To each his own.

i guess sometimes you can be caught whilst not even driving like a moron. thats why i see all those vans with their cameras. but i guess they are speeding!! i would like to be prepared if possible, and in Colorado a lot of people seem to drive just over the limit they are in.
    i read the BOV thread yesterday (my eyes stil hurt). i have had a few before and had no troubles. now i am back into a wrx i am asking for people with a BOV in Colorado to share info please? anyone out there who has one?
    i think the CAIs look far superior than the plastic black boxes. why dont they put them in their vehicles at the start!!
    i may be there on Sunday, it would be great to see what you drivers are enjoying. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SKI.WRX View Post
    Maybe not in a straight line but a better driver can absolutely drive a slower car faster than joe schmo can drive his totally modded out STI given a tight twisty track.

What will you do with this new performance while never breaking any speed limits?

Driving like a moron is what you described earlier, expecting a radar detector to save you from everything.
    Using a tool to enhance your knowledge of your surroundings on the road in a way that your eyes and ears cannot seems far from moronic to me. But I'm not trying to convince you to buy one, I was just refuting the statement that a radar detector is useless.

I don't see the point in spending money on a bigger turbo for my application, and you don't want a radar detector. To each his own.
    Oh my god, come on.....You know EXACTLY what I meant with you cant over come performance mods by being a good driver.......I mentioned a specific part.........

i guess sometimes you can be caught whilst not even driving like a moron. thats why i see all those vans with their cameras. but i guess they are speeding!! i would like to be prepared if possible, and in Colorado a lot of people seem to drive just over the limit they are in.
    i read the BOV thread yesterday (my eyes stil hurt). i have had a few before and had no troubles. now i am back into a wrx i am asking for people with a BOV in Colorado to share info please? anyone out there who has one?
    i think the CAIs look far superior than the plastic black boxes. why dont they put them in their vehicles at the start!!
    i may be there on Sunday, it would be great to see what you drivers are enjoying. thanks
    Don't get a BOV. Is my recommendation due to the nature of the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sp33dy View Post
    Well I hope you can make it to the meet...btw for anybody to know my group of subarus will be heading up there also from monument park and ride to meet up with nicole and anybody else it'll probably be about 10 or so wrx and stis and a couple of gtrs ans an nsx if whoever wants to tag along there more than welcome
    Sweet, look forward to meeting all you guys. We'll have about 8-10 already there from our group.

Oh my god, come on.....You know EXACTLY what I meant with you cant over come performance mods by being a good driver.......I mentioned a specific part.........
    Yes an I gave a situation where an "upgraded" turbo would not likely make you faster due to being out of spool, where the better driver is now the equalizer.

Yes an I gave a situation where an "upgraded" turbo would not likely make you faster due to being out of spool, where the better driver is now the equalizer.

Quote Originally Posted by SKI.WRX View Post
    This is a same driver comparison with different parts in their car. Not him vs someone else in the same car with better parts.