Colorado Member's Forum - Page 113

This is a discussion on Colorado Member's Forum within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Defiance Meet earlier tonight by my house... Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk...

Defiance Meet earlier tonight by my house...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Here's a couple pics from the 9/1 Mt. Evans cruise:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	017 (640x479).jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	115965Click image for larger version. 

Name:	019 (640x482).jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	115966

That's a nice turn out!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/149713735237316/ Colorado WRX/STI Facebook
    Looking to buy or sell a home? Let my wife help you: Lindsey Juarez @ Keller Williams Preferred Realty (cell) 720-299-8040 Find your new home today! http://lindseyjuarez.yourkwagent.com

It was an awesome meet, you guys missed out. Here's a couple of my pics...

Fisco........9000+ ft...........love my turbo

2004 WRX wagon.....white

I can't drive 65

So, I usually take a cruise with my sport bike club through the mountains in October to check the Aspens changing and take pics. Should we get a cruise together to do this here too? It's always a good time, we usually cruise, cruise to check out the scenes and stop and take lots of pics. Squaw pass up to echo lake from Evergreen is usually a great route, but I heard its under construction, anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Looking to buy or sell a home? Let my wife help you: Lindsey Juarez @ Keller Williams Preferred Realty (cell) 720-299-8040 Find your new home today! http://lindseyjuarez.yourkwagent.com

I'd be totally game for an October cruise. Echo lake, that near Mt. Evans? That's where we went on our group cruise a couple of weeks ago and the road up there was under construction. Spots of dirt/gravel then pavement. It actually sucked. I know I got a Subie and all but I creeped through there so I wouldn't get any chips. Brazilnut did the same thing.

Dammit! Well, now with all the rain, who knows what damage was done with all the rain. My next highway was gonna be hwy7 but it looks like part if that is gone. So, I think Deer Creek, to shadow mountain road, then maybe down 287, might be a nice fun route.

My house got 13 inches of rain over the last 72 hours... and somehow we managed to keep it all dry. No work yesterday or today, out pulling cars out of the ditches/water with my Jeep. We were lucky, some folks inside the canyon were not - hope everyone managed to stay safe.

Wow! Glad you are ok. Where do you live? I'm in Texas right now but my father in law says our house is ok (Thornton, off 128th and Holly). Yeah, good point, hope everyone is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    My house got 13 inches of rain over the last 72 hours... and somehow we managed to keep it all dry. No work yesterday or today, out pulling cars out of the ditches/water with my Jeep. We were lucky, some folks inside the canyon were not - hope everyone managed to stay safe.
    Dang you're very fortunate. I'm glad you're OK! We saw the government helicopters flying people out of Lyons and other isolated cities. The National Guard were stationed at blocked roads, directing traffic with their hummers. It was like a zombie apocalypse or something! Roads are still closed. The worst damage I've seen is probably Hwy 34 to Estes Park -- the road completed washed away. I hope they can make repairs before winter arrives... doubt it though. These pictures are just devastating.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BUD4NJPCUAAnG_2.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	116188Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1237098_503204753101372_930396384_n-630x354.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	116189Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1255472_10152199093445760_1398097598_n-630x354.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	116190

Such devastation. So sad, those are awesome roads for spirited driving. I'm in Ken Caryl and its all good over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazilnut View Post
    Dang you're very fortunate. I'm glad you're OK! We saw the government helicopters flying people out of Lyons and other isolated cities. The National Guard were stationed at blocked roads, directing traffic with their hummers. It was like a zombie apocalypse or something! Roads are still closed. The worst damage I've seen is probably Hwy 34 to Estes Park -- the road completed washed away. I hope they can make repairs before winter arrives... doubt it though. These pictures are just devastating.
    I'm at the mouth of Sunshine Canyon, just north of the main canyon (Boulder canyon). I managed to keep my place dry with a lot of digging to keep the storm drains clear of debris, and some ditch work that would make engineers proud. Helping friends find shelter and water today, many are being asked to evac but the idea of living a month in a gymnasium with hundreds of others isn't very alluring to us mountain folk. Power is ok in town, but as soon as you get west of town proper, it's dark.

Depending on how evac/power work goes this week, I may setup a small supplies drive to help out - most folks around 4 mile, Gold Hill, and Jamestown run off of electric well water, and don't have access to drinking water (in addition to power.) Some have generators, but can't get to gas. Still a little early to plan things as people are still getting pulled out.

My mom live a couple miles up Sunshine...pretty hectic up there during the storms. She got her power back, but it's locals only up and down the mountain.

Are you at 4th and Mapleton? I'm on Quince in north Boulder (west side broadway) and my newly remodeled basement was toasted (we can save some of he walls...but new wool carpet got hauled away today). We got 15-20 inches of rain!

On the bright side I'm picking up my new 2014 SWP 5-door STI this week

Pp

I work for BNSF and the flooding has brought the railroad to a halt:

2013 IS Focus ST
    BorgWarner EFR 6758 | Cobb AP | Corsair Intake Runner Plate | CP-E Austenite 3" Exhaust | CP-E Stage II RMM | Eibach FSB | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Eibach RSB | FSWerks CAI | JBR Stage II OCC | JBR Shifter Bushings | Mountune FMIC | OCDSpeed Catted 3" DP | Turbosmart Dual Port BOV | TTR PSMM