The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 99
+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 761 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 11412

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; sounds like a head gasket...

sounds like a head gasket
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Morning Peeps,
    Damn that sucks about the bro's car Lou
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

SO UM..... WHATS NEW EVERYONE.? WHEN ARE WE DRIVIN YOU DOWNERS? NO ONE EVER WANTS TO DRIVE...... I DONT KNOW WHY WE EVEN BUY SUBIES
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Mkay, so here is an update... the carpet isn't wet at all so it's not the heater core... when the shop did a pressure test (or whatever) they don't think it's a blown head gasket.... soooo now what? Maybe cracked head? Can't figure it out

so you got a compression test? do you have the results?
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by 06hawkman View Post
    so you got a compression test? do you have the results?
    All that was said was when they did the compression test, it does not point to being a blown head gasket... plus they said his engine would be running ****ty and it's not at all, it runs fine... it's so weird......

Quote Originally Posted by xXLoulegzXx View Post
    Mkay, so here is an update... the carpet isn't wet at all so it's not the heater core... when the shop did a pressure test (or whatever) they don't think it's a blown head gasket.... soooo now what? Maybe cracked head? Can't figure it out
    Did they check the hoses to the heater core? Mine busted almost right when I got my wrx due to the radiator having some issues. The heater core was fine, but the hoses were not...

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    Did they check the hoses to the heater core? Mine busted almost right when I got my wrx due to the radiator having some issues. The heater core was fine, but the hoses were not...
    +1 on that check all hoses
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

And that's exactly what I wanted checked too but I guess they didn't check them. They were telling my brother that "if it were a leak from a hose, you'd see the coolant on your driveway" bla bla bla... but there isn't any visible leak anywhere which makes things more difficult...

Quote Originally Posted by xXLoulegzXx View Post
    And that's exactly what I wanted checked too but I guess they didn't check them. They were telling my brother that "if it were a leak from a hose, you'd see the coolant on your driveway" bla bla bla... but there isn't any visible leak anywhere which makes things more difficult...
    Not if it only leaks under high temps, and then its only gases that leak... I didn't lose a single drop of coolant when my radiator went bad... it was all gas coming from the top reservoir tank because it had a small crack in the plastic that I couldn't see. All of a sudden my temp gauge starts going up... Do you smell coolant? If so there is a leak, and it doesn't have to be so major that it dumps on your driveway.

Not if it only leaks under high temps, and then its only gases that leak... I didn't lose a single drop of coolant when my radiator went bad... it was all gas coming from the top reservoir tank because it had a small crack in the plastic that I couldn't see. All of a sudden my temp gauge starts going up... Do you smell coolant? If so there is a leak, and it doesn't have to be so major that it dumps on your driveway.
    We can smell coolant when he has his heater on through his vents... but only when the heater is on... which made us think it was maybe the heater core... but just found out it's not that... hmmm...

I Support ClubWRX
    Just use some magnetic fuel saver.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Just use some magnetic fuel saver.
    is that similar to the product 'fuel saver magnetic'
    i hear that one is quite efficient and is even proven to increase MPG by .00001!!!1!!onemilliononehundredeleventhousandoneh undredeleven!!!1!

I Support ClubWRX
    JL are you really sure it is coolant coming out the exhaust, and not just condensation? If you are convinced that it is coolant, then you have a crack somewhere. There is no other way (besides a head gasket, which has been ruled out) that coolant can get into the exhaust, as far as I know.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

How Much Coolant Are You Loosing?
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.