Subaru WRX Forum banner

The dizzle and loulegz thread

519K views 11K replies 57 participants last post by  Calvinball 
#1 ·
ADizzle02 Sandy Utah

xXLouLegzXx do you drive a black rex?? I think you live 3 houses down from me hahaha

#5,413 ·
with my CAI it didnt feel any slower, but boost didnt seem to kick in as hard, but from what ive read and what the guys down at rallysport told me was that for now itll keep power about the same, but when i get an access port andexhaust it will do more thn just sound cool. and as far as short ram intakes go i installed a perrin one on my friends car, it was super easy and i thought i could feel a power gain with that. but im not exactly sure, it was this one though.Perrin Short Ram Intake System, PSP-INT-200, Subaru Impreza WRX Perrin Short Ram Intake System

#5,414 · (Edited)
Heres my spiel (took it back out of previous edit and put it up here so you would all read it) about intakes.

1) turbulence in the intake airflow produced by the filter or piping, or a change in intake diameter at the point where the airflow is measured can produce inaccurate airflow readings, so the ecu adjusts sometimes adding too much fuel. In the worst case, the AFR is gonna be Lean, but the ecu wouldnt be able to adjust the air fuel map/timing enough to compensate (thus the feeling of power loss? thats my best guess)

2) the heatsoak issue... complete and utter crap when you have a semi descent heatshield in place, most people that talk about heatsoak are forgetting one major principle.. when the intake air regardless of its source is compressed it is heated by this process, sounds familar? thats because thats what your turbo is doing and why you see alot of modded cars with S/R as apposed to CAI because compression negates that effects of having ambient temp air sucked in (which is what cold air does btw, its not actually cold its just not engine temp air lol :p).

#5,416 ·
on that perrin intake i installed i also did a custom heatshield, it was super ugly and im not exactly sure how good it worked but if the engine was warm and you put your hand in the heat shieded area you could feel a huge difference in temp. i dont have any intake temp readings or anything but when there was that big of a difference i dont know how it could be colder intake temps.

edit- it was made of two peices of aluminium and pipe insulation between them.

#5,420 ·
Yes yes it did help, thank you sirs =]
Busy with work... we were suppose to all do a little cruise today... but can't get a hold of Hawk :thumbdown So I am not sure whats up! I've got another wedding tonight... frick... people and getting married, I don't get it :screwy:
Except for Sarah and Treq... they are an exception ;)

#5,421 ·
Lou just go with the cobb SR intake with the cold airbox, same diameter inlets, so you wont have to worry about getting the wrong AFR. Plus the Cobb short ram is the only intake system with the little foil pieces so the air flows with much less turbulence past the mass airflow sensor. Also buy a perrin intake pipe to replace the corrigated stock one, youll be smooooooth sailing!

Thats what im doing! Just waitng for cobb to get my intake off of backorder...:rolleyes:

#5,424 ·
there is nothing to do today! anyone want to drive?

#5,433 ·
How much did that run ya? 7 or 8 hundred bucks? I know fab shops dont make stuff for cheap! Ill buy something a little cheaper, that is made just for my subaru in general, and not custom, and save some money. I wish I had the money to blow to make everything custom, butttt i dont. To me its not about how fast you can make your car go, but how cost effectively you can accomplish the task, while still getting very good performance. Cobb spends thousands of dollars designing/testing/fabricating, there products. I'll leave the customizing to them.

#5,430 ·
ok so the Primary Children's Hospital toy ride is today at 11am at Murray park. I'll be there about 10:45 if anyone else wants to come. I have plenty of toys so you wont need to go get one. Hope to see a few of ya there

#5,436 · (Edited)
how was everyones weekend?

so here is my little story for the weekend. saturday i was getting on the freeway to go to lunch. and to meet up with lou and hawk which never happened :thumbdown. anyways getting on the freeway using decent right foot to get up to speed shift in to 5th and was at about 12psi boost then hit around 3k rpm felt like i just hit the rev. liimter then BOOOOOOM wahwahwahwah. car sounded like a diesel with its engine brake on. started to loose all power and the car would not push any boost at all. so i was like crap did my turbo blow up?
barley made it off the freeway and the car died. OH was i :unhappy: popped the hood to find that the intercooler blew off of the throttle body so i put it back on got the clamps finger tight and went to my friends house a few blocks away and tightened them back on.... good as new but man was it scary it was pretty loud.

#5,437 ·
i would be sh*tt*ng my pants! anytime i hear something weird it freaks me out.

#5,441 ·
the exhausts are nice, and that AccessPOrt is amazingly priced, if would work on my car id be alll over that.

#5,442 ·
Dang treq thats scary! Good thing it wasn't anything serious? It sounds like whoever had your car before you might have not taken the best care of it....Hopefully thats not the case though. Nice Injectors on KSL.

My basement sort of flooded tonight. That kind of blew my plans for attending any sort of drive. But it sounds like nothing really happened, yet again.

So I dont mean to get political, but things are kind of getting crazy in our economy, and our world! Im just kind of interested in what everyone thinks about this bail out plan? And even more serious in my eyes, what does everyone think about Iran making nuclear weapons? This is some pretty serious crap were talking about here, I mean we could potentially have another depression, and a nuclear holocaust at the same time...:eek3:

#5,443 ·
War is the best cure for depression... im not talking about a conflict like iraq but a real war where the economy gears solely to help the war effort.... now that being said bail out is a required evil im afraid... the government did little to solve this problem when it started to appear and now they had to take drastic measures to ensure the global economy not just ours does not collapse. as for Iran israel would take them out before that happens... theyve done crazy **** before to stop them.. they will do it again.

#5,458 ·
i agree.

so oct. 3 meet at 6ish some were centeral. so like murray somewhere. drive up big cottonwood? or parleys go to park city and have dinner? baja cantina?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.