The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 679
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Morning peeps! Ahhh so lovely to not hear clunk clunk... don't miss it one bit Taking corners is SOO much ...

Morning peeps! Ahhh so lovely to not hear clunk clunk... don't miss it one bit Taking corners is SOO much fun now... I honestly can't even tell a difference in the ride quality either... it's not bumpy or anything. Alignment is a MUST... it keeps pulling around... so I need to do that tomorrow.
    Andy, we missed your face yesterday.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

good i am glad that you are handling like mario andretti! so thanks for the o.g.
    Last edited by 06hawkman; 01-27-2009 at 07:59 AM.
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

ok so i think i wanna change up the look of my car a little for the summer so here are my plans let me know what you think.
    trade for 04-05 tail lights
    limited spoiler
    17x9 rota dpt's and sell my boosts
    find a grill for the bottom opening
    carbon hood and trunk(maybe and if so seibon cw2)
    Paint rear badge black
    rear diffuser either aps or hks

and any suggestions would be sweet to
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by xXLoulegzXx View Post
    Morning peeps! Ahhh so lovely to not hear clunk clunk... don't miss it one bit Taking corners is SOO much fun now... I honestly can't even tell a difference in the ride quality either... it's not bumpy or anything. Alignment is a MUST... it keeps pulling around... so I need to do that tomorrow.
    Andy, we missed your face yesterday.
    so what did it end up being was the spring just not seated all the way????? How was O.G Mr and Ms fixit
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

Spring was like 1/2" off yeah... but now... when I turn my wheel... I hear a popping in the front... this is what I am reading about it, ugh:

90% of the time when someone is getting a steering pop after a spring install, they have installed the conic washer upside down. There should be a conic washer between the upper spring perch and the top hat. This washer should have the larger face on the upper spring perch and the smaller face towards the top hat. If you get it backwards, it will prevent the bearing in the top hat from moving. This will result in a popping sound. If you leave this untreated, you will eventually destroy the top hat.

The second most common mistake is, as was pointed out above, not getting the upper spring perch aligned correctly. There are a series of holes around the upper perch. The one closest to the edge should be directly above the knuckle. You can actually reach into the wheel well and verify this without taking the wheel off.

Lou looks like we have more work to do
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by 06hawkman View Post
    Lou looks like we have more work to do
    Ha, I just seriously don't want to have to pull the whole freaking strut off again on both sides... but I don't want to mess anything up on my car. Frick. And to think that the guy that helped me put springs on has put numerous ones on before... sure does not seem like it

If you want my help i am down so just let me know
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

If you want my help i am down so just let me know
    I called Firestone in Murray and a guy named Kim I think answered? Well he said when they are aligning my car tomorrow they will check it out. He said the one time alignment is $80 and the unlimited is $140.......
    My only fear is, what if I go get it aligned... and the popping noise keeps happening and I have to pull my car apart, I will screw up the whole alignment. Hmm.

ok so i think i wanna change up the look of my car a little for the summer so here are my plans let me know what you think.
    trade for 04-05 tail lights
    limited spoiler
    17x9 rota dpt's and sell my boosts
    find a grill for the bottom opening
    carbon hood and trunk(maybe and if so seibon cw2)
    Paint rear badge black
    rear diffuser either aps or hks

and any suggestions would be sweet to
    i like i like....maybe a grill for the hood scoop as well like what i have on mine. Ummmm oh the jdm rain guards im sooo picking up some.....and i know its not an outside thing but pick up a STI shifter trim with boot and console piece
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

Quote Originally Posted by xXLoulegzXx View Post
    I called Firestone in Murray and a guy named Kim I think answered? Well he said when they are aligning my car tomorrow they will check it out. He said the one time alignment is $80 and the unlimited is $140.......
    My only fear is, what if I go get it aligned... and the popping noise keeps happening and I have to pull my car apart, I will screw up the whole alignment. Hmm.
    i say go for the $140 alignment....why not just have it redone once a year to make sure everything is groovy. I need to get mine done pretty bad as well so let me know how you like the firestone that you go to
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

Quote Originally Posted by adizzle02 View Post
    i like i like....maybe a grill for the hood scoop as well like what i have on mine. Ummmm oh the jdm rain guards im sooo picking up some.....and i know its not an outside thing but pick up a sti shifter trim with boot and console piece
    all awesome suggestions that i will add, however i may put the grill on the actuall intercooler. And lou it is your call i will help you out if you need
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

I'll just get the unlimited... so that way if they can't figure out the popping noise... I can pull it apart, fix it, then go back in a few days later and just align it again I guess! Man this has been such a headache
    I want more Olive Garden

Me too
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

PS the Rota DPT's would look hot

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.