The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 607
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by 06hawkman great oogster now thats what i am lookin for. when we doin our custom flaps? hey ...

Quote Originally Posted by 06hawkman View Post
    great oogster now thats what i am lookin for. when we doin our custom flaps? hey dizz i will help you with the intercooler but we should find a way to rig up a splitter and bellows and water sprayer on it for the summer. LOU where are ya? you are lucky you get the rest of the week off!
    dude, now that were not together my schedule is crazy clear.. all my friends have gf's or are gettin married. so whenever is whenever for me.
    Http://www.myspace.com/oogiesfaded

tint
    wrx exhaust
    mud flaps
    Drop in K&N

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

K WE CAN DO IT FRIDAY-SAT-OR SUNDAY! K GUYS I AM GETTING AN EWG AND THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHY.........
    Here is something I posted on another board about EWGs recently

ANY turbo will benefit greatly from an EWG. People need to get out of the mindset that its not worth it unless you are on a big turbo.

The better boost control is NOT the big benefit of an EWG, and if anything, a TD04 needs an EWG MORE than a TD06-20G. Here is why.

Subarus respond incredibly well to hot side (turbo) size increases. This is why a TD05 makes more top end than a TD04, and a TD06 makes more than any of them. And why a .63 makes less than a .82 which makes less than a 1.06 hot side.

However, a larger hot side brings along the downside of decreased response and slower spool.

Enter the EWG.

You retain the small hot side, in this case, lets use the TD04 as the example, as its the most extreme case, and really demonstrates what I am talking about.

So you have a TD04, which has INSANELY fast response and spool on a 2.5L motor.
    But it cant flow, so it falls on its face HARD past midrange.

Add an EWG to the picture.

You spool FAST, you hit target boost hard. Then the EWG opens. You are now letting a HUGE amount of the exh charge out of the picture before it even gets to the turbo. Which means a lot less has to go through the turbo. Gasses are exiting the motor a LOT faster and easier than they normally would on a TINY turbo. What you have done, is caused a condition that essentially equals a HUGE hot side. Far bigger than even a TD06.

The powerband is widened by a BIG margin, the top end is far more than you would ever be able to get otherwise. In fact, run 19-20PSI on that TD04 (yes you CAN do it) and with an EWG, a VF39 wont touch you for spool OR peak power output (as well as power at redline)

I have driven an 05 WRX with a TD04 and EWG, and it will tear an IWG VFxx series 2.0L wrx apart.

did I mention faster spool? Since the EWG WILL NOT open until you tell it to, you will spool faster than possible on the IWG. Also, part of what helps the top end is that it is able to hold boost far better up top than it would on the IWG.

Obviously since you will be pushing the turbo a lot harder (no prob, it can handle it), you will have a bit higher fueling requirements, mainly at higher RPM to cool the charge, but the OEM injectors are large enough.

In any case, on a TD04, an EWG should bring a good 15+whp peak and 20+ if not 25+ at redline (if you tune it right)

As far as noise, the EWG is silent until you hit the point where you have told it to open. Which for most people, will be just before target boost. So if you are running 16-17PSI, your EWG will be silent until at least 13-14PSI, if not 15-16. Are you hitting that much boost around town and with your SO in the car? And honestly, its not as loud as you would think.

As for injectors, his car is an 07, so it has 565cc injectors from the factory, even with an EWG, these will be fine with that VF39. I ran a 20G on them and until I got past about 17PSI, I wasnt maxing them out. On an 18G (which is a good big bigger than a VF39) they were fine at 18PSI.
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

I'm here!
    Anyone doing the Black Friday shopping this week??
    Me and my friends Keslie, Jessica and Bree are all going... trying to see if anyone else wants to come!
    I think we're going to hit Fashion Place at midnight, then hit Target at 6 AM!

I was planning on going to the mall on friday at midnight. Lets make a meet out of it!
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by 06hawkman View Post
    I was planning on going to the mall on friday at midnight. Lets make a meet out of it!
    get read hawk on the ewg pretty much what we have been thinking the whole time.
    ya you guys should have a meet and take pics.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    get read hawk on the ewg pretty much what we have been thinking the whole time.
    ya you guys should have a meet and take pics.
    you should come too.. your still a member here my friend. get some suby symbols for that race-truck.

tint
    wrx exhaust
    mud flaps
    Drop in K&N

Everyone should come! No one is excluded for any reason!
    We will be heading over to Fashion Place mall around 11:00 PM and probably taking turns for people to sit in warm cars while the others stand in line, haha. Here is a link of what alot of stores will have on sale... the stores are listed on the right hand side....
    Black Friday Ads - The Official Black Friday 2008 Website

my next project car
    YouTube - Subaru Impreza WRC 1998
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

uugghhh i need to get my shopping done asap but i HATE doing it on black friday
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

Quote Originally Posted by adizzle02 View Post
    uugghhh i need to get my shopping done asap but i HATE doing it on black friday
    Mmm I love it, I am seriously such an aggressive shopper. People better get the hell out of my way

Quote Originally Posted by xXLoulegzXx View Post
    Mmm I love it, I am seriously such an aggressive shopper. People better get the hell out of my way
    ive just found that most of the deals aren't really that great and they usually only have 1 or 2 of the items in stock.
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

Quote Originally Posted by adizzle02 View Post
    ive just found that most of the deals aren't really that great and they usually only have 1 or 2 of the items in stock.
    Alot of the places don't post nearly everything that they will have on sale... you have to wait and just go to the store and see...

Whats up? it has been a while... Hope all is well. So did anything major happen while i was away?
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

luckly i broke up with my gf, so now i dont even have to do any shopping Here comes my P6 next pay check.

tint
    wrx exhaust
    mud flaps
    Drop in K&N

Quote Originally Posted by xXLoulegzXx View Post
    Everyone should come! No one is excluded for any reason!
    We will be heading over to Fashion Place mall around 11:00 PM and probably taking turns for people to sit in warm cars while the others stand in line, haha. Here is a link of what alot of stores will have on sale... the stores are listed on the right hand side....
    Black Friday Ads - The Official Black Friday 2008 Website

lol I would actually come do this but sadly iraq precludes my shopping...
    though that being said most of those deals are "door busters" they are simply designed to draw you in, and once they sell out offer a slightly more expensive alternative or accessorize you to death lol.
    Last edited by Gilly Monster; 11-25-2008 at 12:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.