The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 512
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by treq18 congrats on the purchase. should be fun to start modding once spring hits. most of us ...

  1. #7666
    Registered User chase172's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    congrats on the purchase. should be fun to start modding once spring hits. most of us in this thread go on drives seems like every other week. we can always use more subies.
    ya i'm pretty stoked. i'm down for a drive sounds like fun where do you guys usually meet?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #7667
    Registered User steverasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City Utah
    Posts
    661
    I just got back from rallysport like ten minutes ago treq! Dang. I had to buy an oil sandwich adapter.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

  4. #7668
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by chase172 View Post
    ya i'm pretty stoked. i'm down for a drive sounds like fun where do you guys usually meet?
    any were really usally end up at the starbucks on 123000 s 1300 east (about). we havent come up with a good meeting place yet sense we are a little spread out.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  5. #7669
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    I just got back from rallysport like ten minutes ago treq! Dang. I had to buy an oil sandwich adapter.
    damn IT. i just need 2 3'' exhaust flat flange gaskets. and it is kinda far from my house. are you hooking up your oil pressure gauge today?
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  6. #7670
    Registered User steverasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City Utah
    Posts
    661
    Wow lou's back! Where's andy and timber?
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

  7. #7671
    Registered User chase172's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    44
    sick that's right down the street from me! pass it everyday at least 5 times what a great spot to meet when do you guys meet just on the weekends or something?

  8. #7672
    Registered User steverasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City Utah
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    damn IT. i just need 2 3'' exhaust flat flange gaskets. and it is kinda far from my house. are you hooking up your oil pressure gauge today?
    Ha dude that sucks! I was looking right at those gaskets too! Today im gathering all the parts, thursday ill hook it up. Im not going to mount the sending unit right to the sandwich adapter, instead a bought a custom steel line from evco, im going to mount the sending unit on the firewall and attach it to the oil sandwich adpater with the line. I didnt like the thought of having that pretty big sending unit attached with just a little brass fitting. I can see that breaking off and me being stranded somewhere...

    BTW rallysport no longer carries greddy parts.

    Chase, welcome, lets see some pics of your ride!
    Last edited by steverasman; 10-28-2008 at 01:01 PM.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

  9. #7673
    Registered User chase172's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    44
    I'll get some up as soon as possible! probably today or tomorrow

    Regarding Greddy, they went bankrupt...

    Japanese tuning firm Trust/Greddy declares bankruptcy - Autoblog

  10. #7674
    Registered User steverasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City Utah
    Posts
    661
    yeah i heard that a little while back, i just didnt put 2 and 2 together until today.

    And treq to answer trivia question, i thought i read somewhere a bit ago that it was some insane price, like 20,000 dollars or something?
    Last edited by steverasman; 10-28-2008 at 01:08 PM.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

  11. #7675
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by chase172 View Post
    sick that's right down the street from me! pass it everyday at least 5 times what a great spot to meet when do you guys meet just on the weekends or something?
    ya usually if we end up going on a drive it ends up to be on sunday evenings. we need to find a nice place to meet inbetween everyone.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  12. #7676
    Registered User tyscat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    36
    That Starbucks sounds good to me... I'm just down the road at about 102nd South and 13th East. I got an '06 STI this past summer. The only mod it has right now is an HKS blow-off valve. It is an everyday driver so I'm not sure how much work I'll do to it, but there are definitely some mods I've already planned out lol. COBB Stage 1 and a new trunk (wingless) or at the top of the list.

  13. #7677
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    Ha dude that sucks! I was looking right at those gaskets too! Today im gathering all the parts, thursday ill hook it up. Im not going to mount the sending unit right to the sandwich adapter, instead a bought a custom steel line from evco, im going to mount the sending unit on the firewall and attach it to the oil sandwich adpater with the line. I didnt like the thought of having that pretty big sending unit attached with just a little brass fitting. I can see that breaking off and me being stranded somewhere...

    BTW rallysport no longer carries greddy parts.

    Chase, welcome, lets see some pics of your ride!
    ya that does suck. i dont want to drive out there haha. ya i like that idea of having to sending unit away from that adapter a bit. when i might have to do that when i get some gauges.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  14. #7678
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    yeah i heard that a little while back, i just didnt put 2 and 2 together until today.

    And treq to answer trivia question, i thought i read somewhere a bit ago that it was some insane price, like 20,000 dollars or something?
    higher then that.... ok i will just tell you, it cost 70k to replace all 4 tires on a bugatti veyron. the tires are made by michelin just for that car. and get this there is only one tire changer in the world that can do the job and it is in france. that is just crazy.

    i am tripin out with 2 new people haha ok tyscat your turn. tells us about you. EDIT tyscat you might want to re think the BOV they can cause problems. just do a search on here tons of threads will pop up.
    Last edited by treq18; 10-28-2008 at 01:15 PM.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  15. #7679
    Registered User steverasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City Utah
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    higher then that.... ok i will just tell you, it cost 70k to replace all 4 tires on a bugatti veyron. the tires are made by michelin just for that car. and get this there is only one tire changer in the world that can do the job and it is in france. that is just crazy.

    i am tripin out with 2 new people haha ok tyscat your turn. tells us about you. EDIT tyscat you might want to re think the BOV they can cause problems. just do a search on here tons of threads will pop up.
    NO Way! Thats gotta be tires and wheels then? One person in the world huh? What does he have the special key to unlock the wheel or something? What are they going to do when he dies? France! psh! ridiculous!
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

  16. #7680
    Registered User steverasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City Utah
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    edit tyscat you might want to re think the bov they can cause problems. Just do a search on here tons of threads will pop up.
    +1
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •