The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 505

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by NJO is the BOV to atmosphere 50/50 or what? and how much is it to get a ...

Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    is the BOV to atmosphere 50/50 or what?
    and how much is it to get a turbo rebulit?
    atmospheric. and to get a turbo rebuilt depends... could probably source a rebuild kit for somewhere around $500-$700. in honesty it was just too big a turbo for the ej207(not a miss-print i have a jdm block and heads) to begin with spools so late, huge lag with that size turbo on my 2.0l. so i just went with a smaller faster spooling turbo capable of similar output.
    Last edited by Gilly Monster; 10-26-2008 at 04:33 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    atmospheric. and to get a turbo rebuilt depends... could probably source a rebuild kit for somewhere around $500-$700. in honesty it was just too big a turbo for the ej207(not a miss-print i have a jdm block and heads) to begin with spools so late, huge lag with that size turbo on my 2.0l. so i just went with a smaller faster spooling turbo capable of similar output.
    cool, would you sell the BOV?
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    cool, would you sell the BOV?
    yeah but im not back in the states till feb of next year... lol so if you still want it then it can be arranged (for a good price nontheless.) but remember its fully atmospheric so you would need a tune. i really dont recommend one unless you are pushing more than 20lbs of boost(hopefully not on the stock turbo). the stock BPV is plenty capable of holding up to 20lbs with no troubles.

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    yeah but im not back in the states till feb of next year... lol so if you still want it then it can be arranged (for a good price nontheless.) but remember its fully atmospheric so you would need a tune. i really dont recommend one unless you are pushing more than 20lbs of boost(hopefully not on the stock turbo). the stock BPV is plenty capable of holding up to 20lbs with no troubles.
    well hopefully by then 20psi will be happening...
    anyone know about these gears STi Version 6 RA Gearsets, , Subaru Impreza WRX STi Version 6 RA Gearsets ? how much do you think they could hold? mine feel like crap and im afraid to do anymore power because i dont want to blow my gears and be broke and not be able to fix it and be out a car.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

were do i start. STEVE fmic with stock turbo or vf-39 on 2.0l FTL. enjoy your lag .(it might be ok but not really needed) and i am sure you will have just as many fitment issues.
    HAWK if only i could afford stage 3 i will be fine and stay at stage2 for awhile. i still have some things to do power wise before stage3. cant wait to see the new lip and hid's (when they come in). holy hell 125ish for a knob somebody need to push some of that cash flow my way. i need to go pick up a couple gaskets for the DP to CBE. it is leaking a little. fittment of the dp was good took about 1 hour by the time i started(took forever to cool down).

NJO what up any new mods this weekend? what did you end up doing? i spent all day moving my bed room and living room around trying to fit my new bed in.

GILLY whats up my man? how is the sandbox been this weekend?

OOGIE did you get your mid pipe on or figure out your brakes?
    Last edited by treq18; 10-26-2008 at 09:04 PM.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

well finally after blacking out the headlights, dropping it, and getting some nice rims and fog lights she is ready to let her be shown. can i get a drum roll please........

06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    were do i start. STEVE fmic with stock turbo or vf-39 on 2.0l FTL. enjoy your lag .(it might be ok but not really needed) and i am sure you will have just as many fitment issues.
    HAWK if only i could afford stage 3 i will be fine and stay at stage2 for awhile. i still have some things to do power wise before stage3. cant wait to see the new lip and hid's (when they come in). holy hell 125ish for a knob somebody need to push some of that cash flow my way. i need to go pick up a couple gaskets for the DP to CBE. it is leaking a little. fittment of the dp was good took about 1 hour by the time i started(took forever to cool down).

NJO what up any new mods this weekend? what did you end up doing? i spent all day moving my bed room and living room around trying to fit my new bed in.

GILLY whats up my man? how is the sandbox been this weekend?

OOGIE did you get your mid pipe on or figure out your brakes?
    um new for me haha, well at work i was trying to make a gap in between my down pipe/midpipe and i broke both bolts so for all of yesterday i was running an "exhaust dump" it sounded super bad A S S though, but waaaay to loud to drive with regularly. butnow im getting nervous about my tranny, its getting harder and hard to shift, it grinds going into reverse almost everytime now no matter what and the clutch is getting alot harder to, im sad, and afraid to go stage 1/2 untill i get it figured out, and i dotn want to get it rebuilt as stock again, and having to redo again later, but i dont want to spend 4 grand doing gears, bearings, syncros, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, clutch line, bushings, short shift, tranny mount, pitch stopper, and all that fun stuff, but if i do some, i want to do it all at the same time... im so lost.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

couple more

06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

NJO
    is that yours? ive not heard of this project before... rsx-s is k20 correct?
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

hawk your ladys car looks awsome . super clean cant want to build it up more. headers stage 2 cams and valve train hondata here we come (one day)
    yes njo k20. good motor for sure. so are you thinking you are going to hold off on stage 1/2 for awhile and do a few tranny things? i still think just find a good deal on a AP and CBE for now. then DP/UPP.
    Last edited by treq18; 10-26-2008 at 10:00 PM.
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

yeah i think next on the list is headers. and possibly k pro. but we dont know yet. i am buying her an avic d3 for christmas though!
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    hawk your ladys car looks awsome . super clean cant want to build it up more. headers stage 2 cams and valve train hondata here we come (one day)
    yes njo k20. good motor for sure. so are you thinking you are going to hold off on stage 1/2 for awhile and do a few tranny things? i still think just find a good deal on a AP and CBE for now. then DP/UPP.
    ya my plan for now was just the SRS i really liked yours, but i want to sell my bike, do the SRS and an access port, then go stage 2, and then 3 without worring about anything. then just do some brake/suspension stuff and ill be golden for awhile, then speed greed will kick in again and ill go fmic with a big turbo and a stroked angine and all that fun stuff . i plan on owning my car for along time... i drove my dads s2000 today, i love that car, its not super fast but its so fun, and getting on the freeway around the corner by the cove i got on the gas in second and where all the trucks for constrcution going in and out left dirt, i hit that and went sideways, to much fun. but i was kind of scared.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

Quote Originally Posted by 06hawkman View Post
    yeah i think next on the list is headers. and possibly k pro. but we dont know yet. i am buying her an avic d3 for christmas though!
    with headers and k pro and cams it would be my stage 2 i bet. hey i want a 1k christmas present haha that will be SICK.

NJO
    o and i have a buddy we call k20, he has k20 in a crx hes building. if he ever finishes it it will be a cool car.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

i actually found an avic d3 with ipod adapter on nasioc for 500! so its a good deal. what do you guys think of these mirrors?
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128