The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 502
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by timber Dang, I was hoping more Utah people would come. it sounds fun, if i could afford ...

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Dang, I was hoping more Utah people would come.
    it sounds fun, if i could afford it
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06hawkman View Post
    Im 96% sure me and my lady are going
    oh, cool ! Are you going to make the Valley of Fire drive, I hope?
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Whats up everyone? Works been nuts today, this guy at my work got fired and he flipped out, he was throwing crap everywhere, just screaming and cussing at everyone. So today was eventful at my work, he busted a couple of computers so i couldnt get on until now when most everyone has gone home. It was funny actually to see it, I felt bad for the guy but at the same time I was laughing to myself. We had to change all the locks also, i geuss the owner was afraid of him coming back and ransacking the place since he didnt give up his keys.

Treq, nice you got your DP! here comes stage 2! How are you putting that thing on? You gotta lift or just supper high jackstands?

Tony congrats on the lip. Pix pix.

Lou, you need to paint a lot of stuff, stock wheels, and lights. We should put together dinner and an install party sometime soon with all the regulars in the mountain west, then we could help your broken self.

I bought an oil pressure gauge last night brand new autometer, cobalt electric. 77 bucks off of ebay! Twice as cheap as checker. Tomorrow im going to pick up that VF39 and STi intercooler from that guy in brigham city. Im not sure if im going to keep the VF39 though, im gonna need a lot of upgrades before i can handle that. So i might sell it and buy other mods with the cash. I would keep it, but my tranny says no.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

keep the turbo steve, really not that much more needed to support it. its better to have one now and have to wait for the future to install it than to be hunting for one later on. I wonder when the 09 VF52s will start showing up forsale

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    keep the turbo steve, really not that much more needed to support it. its better to have one now and have to wait for the future to install it than to be hunting for one later on. I wonder when the 09 VF52s will start showing up forsale
    Uhhh what about my transmission though? I dont know if it candle that much extra power?
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    Uhhh what about my transmission though? I dont know if it candle that much extra power?
    It will hold up just fine as long as you don't plan on launching it and make sure to be squarely into 2nd gear when shifting into 2nd.

It will hold up just fine as long as you don't plan on launching it and make sure to be squarely into 2nd gear when shifting into 2nd.
    Sounds reasonable. I mean isnt shifting wrong what kills a trans mostly anyways? When I say shifting wrong, i mean letting the clutch out too early so it grabs like crazy, putting a lot of torque on the gears? Or does simply having more power to the gears destroy them just as easily?

Oh gilly, i gotta question for ya. So i bought an autometer cobalt electronic oil pressure gauge. I was just wondering what they are like to install? Do the bugeyes even have an oil sending unit on the engine? I dont have the gauge here yet, but im just trying to think of how im going to get oil pressure readings without tapping into anything?

Oh gilly, i gotta question for ya. So i bought an autometer cobalt electronic oil pressure gauge. I was just wondering what they are like to install? Do the bugeyes even have an oil sending unit on the engine? I dont have the gauge here yet, but im just trying to think of how im going to get oil pressure readings without tapping into anything?

well if you know how to change your own oil installing a oil pressure gauge isnt that bad. just get the sandwich adapter sending unit that goes in above the oil filter.

well if you know how to change your own oil installing a oil pressure gauge isnt that bad. just get the sandwich adapter sending unit that goes in above the oil filter.
    Oh, even if its not a mechanical gauge? I heard those sandwhich adapters leak, is that not true?

Oh, even if its not a mechanical gauge? I heard those sandwhich adapters leak, is that not true?
    the sensors should screw right into the sandwich adapter (sensors should come with your gauge) and mine has never leaked.... greddy one is the way to go.. about $65 ish

the sensors should screw right into the sandwich adapter (sensors should come with your gauge) and mine has never leaked.... greddy one is the way to go.. about $65 ish
    Oh nice, well Ill check it out, thanks.

Oh nice, well Ill check it out, thanks.
    yeah its definately worth the money so you dont have to drill holes or tap lines.

yeah its definately worth the money so you dont have to drill holes or tap lines.
    Yeah no doubt about that, especially with my luck. I can see me destroying things pretty fast if i tried to put a hole anywhere in my block. On those sandwich adapters do you change the o-rings out regularly on them? Or is it once its installed you dont fiddle with it anymore?

Yeah no doubt about that, especially with my luck. I can see me destroying things pretty fast if i tried to put a hole anywhere in my block. On those sandwich adapters do you change the o-rings out regularly on them? Or is it once its installed you dont fiddle with it anymore?
    once they are in the only thing you are changing is the oil filter under it :P

once they are in the only thing you are changing is the oil filter under it :P
    right right right. Sweet, thanks for your help SubaGuru master Gilly!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.