The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 454
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by steverasman 5th gear @ approx. 4000 rpm im at about 13-13.5. Well really it goes to about ...

Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    5th gear @ approx. 4000 rpm im at about 13-13.5. Well really it goes to about 15psi and then instaniously goes back down to about 13 psi. I am assuming the change is the wastegate opening?
    if it is instant i would suspect a boost leak. most cars on the forum go up to target boost and gradually taper down a psi or two... what is target on your car?

how about a 3rd gear pull?
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06hawkman View Post
    can you hear any strange noises? i want to help you.... if you take out the intake box it is easy to get to the plugs.... at least on 06-07
    Yeah I do actually. As soon as installed it and started it up for the first time I notice this really really high pitched whine. I thought it was a vacuum leak but I wasnt sure, I then just told my self it was probably just the new capillary vacuum line that goes from the t adapter to the pressure port that i was hearing. In other words i wanted it to be working right i guess.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

wow 74 miles me and ma lady may just stop in park city and eat there or somethin then.....i am broke for a minute, too many mods on order. so you should maybe join us or somethin
    ya that is what i was think. i still want to go. that is like 148 miles round trip kinda long i think. and ya i am broke to bought the CBE and really want to that DP which would make me super duper broke.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

if it is instant i would suspect a boost leak. most cars on the forum go up to target boost and gradually taper down a psi or two... what is target on your car?

how about a 3rd gear pull?
    It takes about a second or so for it to go from 15 psi to 13 psi.

3rd gear pull, I boost at about 9-11 psi @ 4000~4500 rpm.

and im not sure what the target boost is on my car? I dont know how to find out either. Is that some spec i can look up on here?
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

Yeah I do actually. As soon as installed it and started it up for the first time I notice this really really high pitched whine. I thought it was a vacuum leak but I wasnt sure, I then just told my self it was probably just the new capillary vacuum line that goes from the t adapter to the pressure port that i was hearing. In other words i wanted it to be working right i guess.
    can you run by my school tomorrow? i can check it out it real quick? its the campus on 9400s and 3rdish west call me
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

It takes about a second or so for it to go from 15 psi to 13 psi.

3rd gear pull, I boost at about 9-11 psi @ 4000~4500 rpm.
    most of cobbs targets are based on third gear pulls. that is what they do on the dyno, i suspect vacuum leak........ man you must be flyin at 5000 rpm in 5th. treq lets do another double date then my treat!
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

can you run by my school tomorrow? i can check it out it real quick? its the campus on 9400s and 3rdish west call me
    Yeah I can, uh whats your number?

634-7301
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

most of cobbs targets are based on third gear pulls. that is what they do on the dyno, i suspect vacuum leak........ man you must be flyin at 5000 rpm in 5th. treq lets do another double date then my treat!
    I was going about 90. It was only about 4000 rpm though.
    Last edited by steverasman; 10-14-2008 at 11:37 PM.

his car is stock which his boost should be 13.5 i think for the 2.0 i will check. EDIT yep 13.5. and i bet it tapers to 11ish by redline. my stage 1 now is 13.5 target taper to 9 i think. hitting 15psi i would think boost creep maybe? but i dont know if that is much of a problem if you have a stock DP?

it was your treat last time i cant let you do it again
    Last edited by treq18; 10-14-2008 at 11:38 PM.
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    his car is stock which his boost should be 13.5 i think for the 2.0 i will check.

it was your treat last time i cant let you do it again
    So your saying I should be hitting 13.5 psi when im at 4500 rpm in 3rd? Im way off then! I would have to check again but Im only hitting about 11 maybe 11.5. But then again I almost never even run my rpms up to 5000 rpm's.
    Last edited by steverasman; 10-14-2008 at 11:39 PM.

At about what time should I come in tomorrow? Or do you not know yet? Just so i can kind of arrange my work schedule accordingly.

So your saying I should be hitting 13.5 psi when im at 4500 rpm in 3rd? Im way off then! I would have to check again but Im only hitting about 11 maybe 11.5. But then again I almost never even run my rpms up to 5000 rpm's.
    i think you should hit max boost by 3500-4k easy in 3rd.

yeah at least 12.5 in third i would say due to elevation. here is another read. The VacuTec machine produces smoke. With the engine off, a hose is connected to any vacuum connection into the intake manifold. With the machine on, it will fill a manifold with smoke in about 30 seconds. Any leak will become immediately obvious by the appearance of smoke leaking out. You get a direct indication of the size of the leak by the quantity of smoke. The smoke is in the air, so this will give a positive indication of EGR shaft leaks where liquid fails. This is the first test we run now, eliminating vacuum leak possibilities in less than five minutes. We tested a 1.9 liter Ford with no driveability problems. Smoke came out of a wiring loom in no time. The small nylon vacuum hose that supplied the EGR solenoids was broken 12 inches down inside the wiring loom. While the customer had no driveability problem because this leak was so tiny, his EGR valve was not functioning and could have caused pinging problems under load

treq seriously i can do it dont worry. it is on me. you have a downpipe to buy so we can be a stronger clan!
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

At about what time should I come in tomorrow? Or do you not know yet? Just so i can kind of arrange my work schedule accordingly.
    i school from 5:30 to 10:30 probably best around 7:00-8:00 just call me though when you wanna come.
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.