The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 453

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by treq18 i really dont know how long it will take. i dont know long it take to ...

NJO
    Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    i really dont know how long it will take. i dont know long it take to get to the lake plus chill before or whatever they have going on.
    cool, should be fun, wonder what will be happening down there
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i just got done with my engines class, and regular vacuum should be between 17-21 hg (inches of mercury) the reason the a.p. is reading 7 is because it is reading in psi not inches of mercury. if it is not reading inbetween those parameters i would # 1 check for vacuum leaks # 2 check compression wet and dry on all four cylinders.
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

treq what up with it homie, we should start a hawk clan
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

What is the difference between wet and dry compression? Im 99 percent positive my compression is fine. I just got a tiny vac leak somewhere probably.

Edit: 17-21 hgs on a 2.5 liter or a 2.0? Or are they both the same?
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

all engines should read the same
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by 06hawkman View Post
    all engines should read the same
    Seriously? That sounds weird to me?
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

please man i know what i am talking about and would not steer you wrong..... look
    Tips on Reading Gauges: Vacuum Gauges

read the entire article. i am sure it is just a vacuum leak, we can either do a pressure test or a smoke test. thanks the tip jar is right over there
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

hello wing man hawk. i look up the drive it is 74 miles to the lake .

so on a psi boost gauges it should be around what the AP says? at idle i always seem to be around 8.2-8.5 ish IIRC.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

please man i know what i am talking about and would not steer you wrong..... look
    Tips on Reading Gauges: Vacuum Gauges

read the entire article. i am sure it is just a vacuum leak, we can either do a pressure test or a smoke test. thanks the tip jar is right over there
    I didnt say you were wrong, I just said it sounded weird. And then you explained by linking me to a good read. Now I understand, im trying to locate your tip jar, but im having a hard time finding it.

So looks like I gots me up a Vacuum leak..... fun. Cant wait to try and find this one. Or it could be low compression. I should really actually test for that too at the same time, but its kind of a pain getting to the sparkplugs.

Hey hawk when you do the smoke test where do you introduce the smoke at? The intake? And is there a specific type of smoke to use? Or just light up a cigar and put it near your intake?
    Last edited by steverasman; 10-14-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Normal Idle Vacuum - NASIOC

the ap does not read vacuum it reads neg. psi (which is not even real as far as i know) the boost guage and a.p have different readings all of the time. should be 7-9 on the a.p and 17-21 hg for our altitude on a boost/vacuum guage. hey here is an idea rent a vacuum guage from checker and hook it up and see what it reads? then you know if the problem is the guage or the car. if its the guage buy a new one if its the car we can dive in further. what boost are you reaching?
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

can you hear any strange noises? i want to help you.... if you take out the intake box it is easy to get to the plugs.... at least on 06-07
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

so on a psi boost gauges it should be around what the AP says? at idle i always seem to be around 8.2-8.5 ish IIRC.
    wow 74 miles me and ma lady may just stop in park city and eat there or somethin then.....i am broke for a minute, too many mods on order. so you should maybe join us or somethin
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Normal Idle Vacuum - NASIOC

the ap does not read vacuum it reads neg. psi (which is not even real as far as i know) the boost guage and a.p have different readings all of the time. should be 7-9 on the a.p and 17-21 hg for our altitude on a boost/vacuum guage. hey here is an idea rent a vacuum guage from checker and hook it up and see what it reads? then you know if the problem is the guage or the car. if its the guage buy a new one if its the car we can dive in further. what boost are you reaching?
    5th gear @ approx. 4000 rpm im at about 13-13.5. Well really it goes to about 15psi and then instaniously goes back down to about 13 psi. I am assuming the change is the wastegate opening?

for some reson a boost guage reads in vacuum and psi where as the ap does not ? strange i know.
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128