The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 415
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; well, its an up-pipe, not an engine overhaul, and at work i have a guy who has done alot of ...

NJO
    well, its an up-pipe, not an engine overhaul, and at work i have a guy who has done alot of wrx work, so im not worried about the work, but what harm could it do to the car? like whats the worst that could happen? it leaks?
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well yeah, leaks arent a great thing to have in an up-pipe, I think it could potentially do some damage if it leaked for long enough. But hey man go for it, if it works then great!
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

NJO
    nevermind, shipping is 35 dollars, thats ridiculous i costs 10 more than the part.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

I agree with you guys that a pipe is a pipe to a certain extent. But when it comes to intakes and exhaust, things of that nature, the craftsmanship and quality of the pipe matters. Cheap steal can heat up and warp out easier. Who knows what the flow is like through a 25 dollar up pipe? The turbulance could be terrible and actually worse then stock in some instances. People dont port and polish things for no reason, there is an effective way to pull and push air/fuel/exhaust through pipes. Sometimes it takes money to make things like that, sometimes you just pay for the name.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

NJO
    ya, im not buying it, im going with quality. im just trying to come up with a reasonable mod list, so i dont end up leaving something out. and so i can get power, and realiability. i think through about the next 4 months my list includes...
    megan racing...
    -headers
    -up pipe
    -down pipe
    -cat back

and on the intake side...
    -APS turbo inlet hose
    -and samco i/c hoses

and for everything else...
    -Cobb Access Port
    -DeatschWerks 565cc injectors
    -Tein S-tech springs
    -Fuel Pump from e46 330xi
    -oil catch can (if you think i need it??)
    -and if i have everthing i want to do lower arm braces, and strut tower braces.

missing anything??

in list form it look long and expensive. someone needs to buy my bike!!!
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    I agree with you guys that a pipe is a pipe to a certain extent. But when it comes to intakes and exhaust, things of that nature, the craftsmanship and quality of the pipe matters. Cheap steal can heat up and warp out easier. Who knows what the flow is like through a 25 dollar up pipe? The turbulance could be terrible and actually worse then stock in some instances. People dont port and polish things for no reason, there is an effective way to pull and push air/fuel/exhaust through pipes. Sometimes it takes money to make things like that, sometimes you just pay for the name.
    your absolutely right steve like they always say you have to pay to play.

NJO as for oil catch cans I run a set.. but i split for the perrin ones. though i hear there is no difference found by using ebay ones vs name brand catch cans.

good morning everyone! how is all? hey do you have a pic of the back of that guage? mine had 4 wires coming out of the back of it but it is a defi so it may be different....i didnt know that rally sport sold autometer? so i am super stoked for installs tonight. treq you comin? we can do somethin to your car im sure and bring your lady too! I wonder if jenny lou will be on here today? and andy? Gilly good mornin or afternoon in your case, how is life treatin ya? yer girly still sore? well i need to start taking calls from morons so let the posting begin
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by 06hawkman View Post
    good morning everyone! how is all? hey do you have a pic of the back of that guage? mine had 4 wires coming out of the back of it but it is a defi so it may be different....i didnt know that rally sport sold autometer? so i am super stoked for installs tonight. treq you comin? we can do somethin to your car im sure and bring your lady too! I wonder if jenny lou will be on here today? and andy? Gilly good mornin or afternoon in your case, how is life treatin ya? yer girly still sore? well i need to start taking calls from morons so let the posting begin
    morning hawk, i need to check with the girly and see if you is going to be around my school when i get out. i should be out at 630. so i can prob. come down if you guys arent already done by the time i get there. do you have brake cleaner and red paint for the badges? i need to pick up some 3m double side tape. were is a good place?
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

lifes good minus having to replace my clutch... and all is quiet on the home front.

i have red model paint and spray paint, i believe i have brake kleen also. i think you can get the 3m tape at hobby lobby or something?
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    lifes good minus having to replace my clutch... and all is quiet on the home front.
    good glad to hear! i bet your new clutch will be sick though
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

good glad to hear! i bet your new clutch will be sick though
    yeah should hold up to 500hp supposedly lol

i have red model paint and spray paint, i believe i have brake kleen also. i think you can get the 3m tape at hobby lobby or something?
    sweet, well the girly said she is down for a install party haha but we prob wont get there till 645. you guys will probably be done by then.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

even if we are done we can start on yours right when you get there! this will be fun!
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

No I dont have a picture of the back of the guage..but ill try and snap one here in the next little while. I actually ended up buying the guage from checker, rallysport had it, but checker it was cheaper. Same guage, but i saved about 60 bucks. I have to run after work today to buy a mount though. I wanna buy a clock mount and just add guages as I get money. Think that'll work? Or will it just be way to ghetto? I was thinking i could cap the unused spots temporarily.

Gilly how much is that new clutch running you?

Treq you should come to the install thing tonight! Even if your late, i wanna see your car.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.