The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 414

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by steverasman Nice! Looking forward to it. I better go pick up that guage then before rallysport closes! ...

Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    Nice! Looking forward to it. I better go pick up that guage then before rallysport closes!
    Cool cool! See you tomorrow!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what guage? its kind of hard but we can do it i just did mine two days ago and now that i know the correct wires it should be a breeze just bring all the electrical supplies you will need (4 colors of wire preferably white red black and orange also some crimp connectors and shrinkwrap also see if you can find a pinout chart for your clock pod. it may take a couple hours.....do you have a boost guage on already?
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

OUCH .... just got off phone with my buddy... my spec stage 3 clutch = shot ... he noticed some distinct strange smell and then took my pride and joy down to see nick at MAC, they tracked it down to my clutch .... so right now... its getting an Exedy 6 puck put in ... /sigh lol.. i guess ill have to wait to buy my STi Wing ....

edit: so i should have pics by this time tomorrow for you all (well depending on how lazy my friend is at uploading them from his camera)
    Last edited by Gilly Monster; 10-07-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 06hawkman View Post
    what guage? its kind of hard but we can do it i just did mine two days ago and now that i know the correct wires it should be a breeze just bring all the electrical supplies you will need (4 colors of wire preferably white red black and orange also some crimp connectors and shrinkwrap also see if you can find a pinout chart for your clock pod. it may take a couple hours.....do you have a boost guage on already?
    No my car doesnt have a boost guage. I just bought the autometer cobalt series. Full sweep electric. Im not doing a clock pod. Im just doing the steering wheel mount for now. A couple of hours though? Wow. I better bring some food or something.

Gilly that totally sucks about your clutch? How in the world did it happen? You know what? Im actually envious of your cars power! How did they manage to burn up a stage 3 clutch? You must have a lot of torque!!!
    Last edited by steverasman; 10-07-2008 at 05:51 PM.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post

Gilly that totally sucks about your clutch? How in the world did it happen? You know what? Im actually envious of your cars power! How did they manage to burn up a stage 3 clutch? You must have a lot of torque!!!
    not quite sure how it happened to be honest, Nick was just as shocked as I was, it only gets driven about 20 miles a week right now just enough to keep her running nice while im gone type thing, I had had some suspicions that my clutch was on its way out before my turbo went but I think I just wanted to believe that it was only the turbo at that point. Nick had some thoughts about the spec clutches but no real evidence to support it minus my clutch. so this time we went with Exedy.

NJO
    look at this shirt, i thought you guys would like
    Attachment 80514
    Last edited by NJO; 02-16-2009 at 07:32 PM.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

what new with everyone? and new mods today? steve how much did your gauges end up costing?
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

NJO
    well new for me there is nothing...just stupis school, but this week is easy atleast, monday was late start day(9:20), today was normal, tomorrow my auto class is going to motorfest so i dont have classes, thursday is normal, and i leave for pc on thursday after school till saturday for a stupid leadership conference... BOOO.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

NJO
    and no new mods, im broke, that kid that was going to buy my bike acted a fool and flaked out, so the megan racing catless up pipe is only 110, i mihgt do that with my access port when i get it. and then save for the megan exhasut, the downpipe is 200ish, and the cbe is 450ish. anyone heard about the quality on their stuff, pricing is good for new parts jw on how good it is. and what about oil catch cans, anyone running one? or think its neccesary?
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

NJO
    or theres some ebay ones for super cheap, dont know about quality, but theres some cheap stuff. you guys should look and see what you think.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    what new with everyone? and new mods today? steve how much did your gauges end up costing?
    Well for now i only got the boost guage. It was $192, i still need to go buy a mount for it tommorrow. Do you know why hawk is asking me to bring electrical connections? I thought the autometer electricals were just plug and play setups.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    or theres some ebay ones for super cheap, dont know about quality, but theres some cheap stuff. you guys should look and see what you think.
    I think most of the time you pay for what you get with parts. Thats why i just opted not to buy that 109 dollar header up pipe combo. I thought to myself, its probably going to leak like mad, and be a pain to try and fit in place.

Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    alot of people run them with out problems. some have had fittment issues. i would run one if they were catted. honestly it is a piece of pipe yes some are nicer then others but they are all pretty much the same design.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

NJO
    ya, it seems like its kinda hard to f up a pipe, and the ones that have the flex section seem like you could get it to fit, what do you think of this?
    eBay Motors: 02-05 SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI TURBO UP PIPE UPPIPE 03 04 (item 190257806848 end time Oct-12-08 13:46:07 PDT)
    and at that price if it didnt work out i wouldnt feel bad. anyone think itd be worht a try?
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

It just seems to good to be true. Im a skeptic about ebay items. But your right for 25 bucks it might be worth a try. The problem isnt the money with that, its just the time you'd be spending installing it, you wanna make sure your doing it right the first time ya know?