The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 406

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; It would be fun, oh yes it would. Im not a huge fan of the BMW's though, i mean for ...

  1. #6076
    Registered User steverasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City Utah
    Posts
    661
    It would be fun, oh yes it would. Im not a huge fan of the BMW's though, i mean for me, if i had 80 grand to spend on a car, I would just buy a nice sti, and build the crap out of it. Or I would buy a really nice Sti, and then a new duramax! Anyone hear about the 4.5 liter they're coming out with in 2010.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #6077
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    That M5 would look good if the owner would take off all those dumb stickers, unless they're sponsors or something.

    Treq what do you know about installing guages.

    Lou, I guess i was the only one who liked your current grill.. But if your happy your getting a new one thats all that matters then.

    I bought a perrin silicon hose tonight, pricey little buggers, 80 bucks for a MAF hose. Its all in anticipation for the Cobb SR, i figured i dont wanna wait any longer on parts so ill buy what i can when its available. All that was available tonight was the hose.
    i dont know much. but i think the boost gauges is just a T fitting on a vacum line on the turbo??

    that is one expensive intake you are going to have. 80 maf hose 150 SR 125 SR box=355 woooweee.

    NJO that ricer would be me for sure. LOU hope the interview went well..

    this is an expensive set up but i think it is cool if you already have a 7'' dvd/cd/nav.(whatever screen) and is sleeper for sure
    HKS USA HKS CAMP2 Real-Time Engine Monitoring
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  4. #6078
    NJO
    NJO is offline
    Registered User NJO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    180
    no, i dont really follow trucks, my dad has a new tundra with the 5.7 and i love that thing. but if i had 80k i would just do stuff to my car and keep it as a daly driver, i wouldnt do an STi i love my wagon, and with the extra money i would buy a cheap e46 m3 and drop 39k into a horsepowerfreaks stage 3 turbo kit... can you say 800rear wheel horsepower??!!
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

  5. #6079
    NJO
    NJO is offline
    Registered User NJO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    i dont know much. but i think the boost gauges is just a T fitting on a vacum line on the turbo??

    that is one expensive intake you are going to have. 80 maf hose 150 SR 125 SR box=355 woooweee.

    NJO that ricer would be me for sure. LOU hope the interview went well..

    this is an expensive set up but i think it is cool if you already have a 7'' dvd/cd/nav.(whatever screen) and is sleeper for sure
    HKS USA HKS CAMP2 Real-Time Engine Monitoring
    that has to be the most bad*ss gauge system in the world, thats what im buying, instead of dropping close to that much into guages and pods and everything thats sooo cool, i want it! ok so heres the plan, access port, catless turbo back, and a catless up pipe, then a turbo inlet hose, and intercooler hoses and then that system for my screen?? anyone have any better way of doing anything?
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

  6. #6080
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    that has to be the most bad*ss gauge system in the world, thats what im buying, instead of dropping close to that much into guages and pods and everything thats sooo cool, i want it! ok so heres the plan, access port, catless turbo back, and a catless up pipe, then a turbo inlet hose, and intercooler hoses and then that system for my screen?? anyone have any better way of doing anything?
    that part that sucks is how you have to buy a sensor for the egt boost, if you want different temps and pressures ect. i dont know why it wont read boost with out the sensor. the AP does off of the OBDII
    it would be like 1k for the main unit, meter interface,egt,boost,and one pressure sensor and harness.
    Last edited by treq18; 10-06-2008 at 10:03 PM.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  7. #6081
    NJO
    NJO is offline
    Registered User NJO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    that part that sucks is how you have to buy a sensor for the egt boost, if you want different temps and pressures ect. i dont know why it wont read boost with out the sensor. the AP does off of the OBDII
    i didnt look too closely but i though it showed it did plug into the obdII and read some stuff
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

  8. #6082
    NJO
    NJO is offline
    Registered User NJO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    180
    well im going to bed, ill shall talk to you all soon.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

  9. #6083
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    i didnt look too closely but i though it showed it did plug into the obdII and read some stuff
    ya it does but if you want add ons like boost egt, ect. you have to buy the sensors and harnesses that plug in the the main unit.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  10. #6084
    NJO
    NJO is offline
    Registered User NJO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    180
    o, and one more quick question so i can read it tomorrow, anyone know how much hp gains there are from pullies? i know on some BMW engines like the n52 you can get 9, i thought that was pretty good.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

  11. #6085
    Registered User xXLoulegzXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake Pretty, Ootah
    Posts
    2,265
    Good morning! Happy Tuesday peeps!
    Steve... I liked my grill for about the first month... but just think it looks like a bowl of rice now, ha.

    I have a mission for everyone... to look for a black "I" badge that will fit the front of the 06/07 body!! And go!

  12. #6086
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by xXLoulegzXx View Post
    Good morning! Happy Tuesday peeps!
    Steve... I liked my grill for about the first month... but just think it looks like a bowl of rice now, ha.

    I have a mission for everyone... to look for a black "I" badge that will fit the front of the 06/07 body!! And go!
    good morning peeps. i check ebay real quick all the ones i saw wer for 04-05.

    i need a nap already.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  13. #6087
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    o, and one more quick question so i can read it tomorrow, anyone know how much hp gains there are from pullies? i know on some BMW engines like the n52 you can get 9, i thought that was pretty good.
    i dont know to much about pullies but i dont think they add that much power. all they do is slow down things like AC, alternator,power steering,water pump(which i want as much water recirculating as i can get for cooling) to extract more power out by less rotating mass.
    Last edited by treq18; 10-07-2008 at 06:37 AM.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  14. #6088
    Registered User xXLoulegzXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake Pretty, Ootah
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    good morning peeps. i check ebay real quick all the ones i saw wer for 04-05.

    i need a nap already.
    I know it, that's the only size badge I can find too

    I need a nap too! Thank jebus for tomorrow off!
    And and tomorrow will be intake and bulbs with Hawk, woot.

  15. #6089
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by xXLoulegzXx View Post
    I know it, that's the only size badge I can find too

    I need a nap too! Thank jebus for tomorrow off!
    And and tomorrow will be intake and bulbs with Hawk, woot.
    nice that will be sweet i want an intake :frown: i want to get the bulbs you did but amber. dont want to get hasseled for blue or white even though they look better.
    Last edited by treq18; 10-07-2008 at 06:45 AM.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  16. #6090
    Registered User 06hawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salt lake city, utah
    Posts
    2,567
    Glorious morning everyone.....my supertones will be here today! so we can install them at the same time lou...... treq we still on for dinner tonight?
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •