The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 363

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by treq18 dude you need my number I was trying to go on a drive today but everyone ...

  1. #5431
    NJO
    NJO is offline
    Registered User NJO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    dude you need my number I was trying to go on a drive today but everyone got busy.
    i sure do. PM me?

    and steve, our cars look to be really alike, minus the whole wagon/sedan thing.

    also, i need some help, on which side is the fuel pump? under the passenger side rearseat correct?
    and what wires are the power for it?
    Last edited by NJO; 09-28-2008 at 10:37 AM.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #5432
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by adizzle02 View Post
    ok so the Primary Children's Hospital toy ride is today at 11am at Murray park. I'll be there about 10:45 if anyone else wants to come. I have plenty of toys so you wont need to go get one. Hope to see a few of ya there
    andy i wanted to go but woke up to late. i hope it goes well.

    might be going on a drive later today.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  4. #5433
    Registered User steverasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City Utah
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    So was my custom 4" intake :P... made specifically for my Subaru
    How much did that run ya? 7 or 8 hundred bucks? I know fab shops dont make stuff for cheap! Ill buy something a little cheaper, that is made just for my subaru in general, and not custom, and save some money. I wish I had the money to blow to make everything custom, butttt i dont. To me its not about how fast you can make your car go, but how cost effectively you can accomplish the task, while still getting very good performance. Cobb spends thousands of dollars designing/testing/fabricating, there products. I'll leave the customizing to them.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

  5. #5434
    Registered User Gilly Monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    How much did that run ya? 7 or 8 hundred bucks? I know fab shops dont make stuff for cheap! Ill buy something a little cheaper, that is made just for my subaru in general, and not custom, and save some money. I wish I had the money to blow to make everything custom, butttt i dont. To me its not about how fast you can make your car go, but how cost effectively you can accomplish the task, while still getting very good performance. Cobb spends thousands of dollars designing/testing/fabricating, there products. I'll leave the customizing to them.
    Actually it cost less than that... i had it done at the same time as my Custom DP this go around so it was about 600 for the pair. its really nice when your local tuner shop can also custom fab things.
    Last edited by Gilly Monster; 09-28-2008 at 06:06 PM.

  6. #5435
    Registered User xXLoulegzXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake Pretty, Ootah
    Posts
    2,265
    Woke up late too Plus I was up in Syracuse!
    How was it Andy?
    Purchased my intake... woot woot. I will post pics once I get it here and have it in! Yay.

  7. #5436
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    how was everyones weekend?

    so here is my little story for the weekend. saturday i was getting on the freeway to go to lunch. and to meet up with lou and hawk which never happened . anyways getting on the freeway using decent right foot to get up to speed shift in to 5th and was at about 12psi boost then hit around 3k rpm felt like i just hit the rev. liimter then BOOOOOOM wahwahwahwah. car sounded like a diesel with its engine brake on. started to loose all power and the car would not push any boost at all. so i was like crap did my turbo blow up?
    barley made it off the freeway and the car died. OH was i popped the hood to find that the intercooler blew off of the throttle body so i put it back on got the clamps finger tight and went to my friends house a few blocks away and tightened them back on.... good as new but man was it scary it was pretty loud.
    Last edited by treq18; 09-28-2008 at 09:51 PM.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  8. #5437
    NJO
    NJO is offline
    Registered User NJO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    180
    i would be sh*tt*ng my pants! anytime i hear something weird it freaks me out.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

  9. #5438
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    i would be sh*tt*ng my pants! anytime i hear something weird it freaks me out.
    ya i was freaking out. i never want to hear it again
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  10. #5439
    NJO
    NJO is offline
    Registered User NJO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    180
    Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    ya i was freaking out. i never want to hear it again
    after that i would cheack every clamp and bolt in my engine bay, i did after my intake fell off.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

  11. #5440
    Registered User treq18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    after that i would cheack every clamp and bolt in my engine bay, i did after my intake fell off.
    i need to. i want to get a new TB coupler and nice clamps.


    latest from ksl
    ksl.com - Ad Listing
    ksl.com - Ad Listing
    ksl.com - Ad Listing
    ksl.com - Ad Listing
    ksl.com - Ad Listing
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

  12. #5441
    NJO
    NJO is offline
    Registered User NJO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    180
    the exhausts are nice, and that AccessPOrt is amazingly priced, if would work on my car id be alll over that.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

  13. #5442
    Registered User steverasman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Salt Lake City Utah
    Posts
    661
    Dang treq thats scary! Good thing it wasn't anything serious? It sounds like whoever had your car before you might have not taken the best care of it....Hopefully thats not the case though. Nice Injectors on KSL.

    My basement sort of flooded tonight. That kind of blew my plans for attending any sort of drive. But it sounds like nothing really happened, yet again.

    So I dont mean to get political, but things are kind of getting crazy in our economy, and our world! Im just kind of interested in what everyone thinks about this bail out plan? And even more serious in my eyes, what does everyone think about Iran making nuclear weapons? This is some pretty serious crap were talking about here, I mean we could potentially have another depression, and a nuclear holocaust at the same time...
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

  14. #5443
    Registered User Gilly Monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    Dang treq thats scary! Good thing it wasn't anything serious? It sounds like whoever had your car before you might have not taken the best care of it....Hopefully thats not the case though. Nice Injectors on KSL.

    My basement sort of flooded tonight. That kind of blew my plans for attending any sort of drive. But it sounds like nothing really happened, yet again.

    So I dont mean to get political, but things are kind of getting crazy in our economy, and our world! Im just kind of interested in what everyone thinks about this bail out plan? And even more serious in my eyes, what does everyone think about Iran making nuclear weapons? This is some pretty serious crap were talking about here, I mean we could potentially have another depression, and a nuclear holocaust at the same time...
    War is the best cure for depression... im not talking about a conflict like iraq but a real war where the economy gears solely to help the war effort.... now that being said bail out is a required evil im afraid... the government did little to solve this problem when it started to appear and now they had to take drastic measures to ensure the global economy not just ours does not collapse. as for Iran israel would take them out before that happens... theyve done crazy **** before to stop them.. they will do it again.

  15. #5444
    Moderator timber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    St. George, Ut.
    Posts
    3,718
    I Support ClubWRX
    Happy am everyone.. careful with the politics. Best to discuss that stuff via pm. Hope everyone has a great Monday!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

  16. #5445
    Registered User xXLoulegzXx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Salt Lake Pretty, Ootah
    Posts
    2,265
    That is freaky Treq... I seriously would have crapped my pants.
    Nice finds on KSL... I am going to call on the Cobb Turbo Heatshield... I need one super bad.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •