The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 362
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; on that perrin intake i installed i also did a custom heatshield, it was super ugly and im not exactly ...

NJO
    on that perrin intake i installed i also did a custom heatshield, it was super ugly and im not exactly sure how good it worked but if the engine was warm and you put your hand in the heat shieded area you could feel a huge difference in temp. i dont have any intake temp readings or anything but when there was that big of a difference i dont know how it could be colder intake temps.

edit- it was made of two peices of aluminium and pipe insulation between them.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    Ej20 swap/ with ALL supporting parts
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xXLoulegzXx View Post
    Mkay... well I think I am going to go ahead and get this then... I found a used SPT intake w/heatshield and all hardware for $165 shipped. It's normally over $300 for both these peices new... so i'm going to go ahead and get it =]
    I dont think your going to have a problem with that intake because of your stage II map.. lou

NJO
    ya that should be awesome.
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback
    intake/turbo inlet/vf39/big tmic/headers/uppipe/downpipe/straight pipe/walbro fp/modded stock injectors/ and too much more

I hope my spiel helped you lou. anyhow whats new, you havent been around much lately, still working on all those projects?

Yes yes it did help, thank you sirs =]
    Busy with work... we were suppose to all do a little cruise today... but can't get a hold of Hawk So I am not sure whats up! I've got another wedding tonight... frick... people and getting married, I don't get it
    Except for Sarah and Treq... they are an exception

Lou just go with the cobb SR intake with the cold airbox, same diameter inlets, so you wont have to worry about getting the wrong AFR. Plus the Cobb short ram is the only intake system with the little foil pieces so the air flows with much less turbulence past the mass airflow sensor. Also buy a perrin intake pipe to replace the corrigated stock one, youll be smooooooth sailing!

Thats what im doing! Just waitng for cobb to get my intake off of backorder...
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    Lou just go with the cobb SR intake with the cold airbox, same diameter inlets, so you wont have to worry about getting the wrong AFR. Plus the Cobb short ram is the only intake system with the little foil pieces so the air flows with much less turbulence past the mass airflow sensor. Also buy a perrin intake pipe to replace the corrigated stock one, youll be smooooooth sailing!

Thats what im doing! Just waitng for cobb to get my intake off of backorder...
    I'm already getting the SPT =] But thanks though! I don't think I should be worried, considering the SPT was made specifically for Subaru's ya know?

I'm already getting the SPT =] But thanks though! I don't think I should be worried, considering the SPT was made specifically for Subaru's ya know?
    Agreed it should be just fine ... i think too many people get caught up in hearing cobb and getting all excited. There are a vast amount of good parts suppliers out there that shouldn't be over looked purely because its not "cobb".
    Last edited by Gilly Monster; 09-27-2008 at 04:07 PM.

NJO
    there is nothing to do today! anyone want to drive?
    EX BUGEYE MAFIA #193
    1996 Legacy Outback

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    a little elaboration is in order...
    Brother wrecked his '90 Celica last week. At the dealership he works at someone traded in a stock Silver 2003 WRX wagon. He was really interested until he found a lightly modded 2003 Golf GTI. So ha bought that instead. I really wanted him to get the sooby. oh well.
    Audi + Subaru Fan
    2000 Audi S4 (B5) 2.7T EPL Stage 2
    2001.5 Audi A4 (B5) 1.8T Stg. 2 RIP

Yes yes it did help, thank you sirs =]
    Busy with work... we were suppose to all do a little cruise today... but can't get a hold of Hawk So I am not sure whats up! I've got another wedding tonight... frick... people and getting married, I don't get it
    Except for Sarah and Treq... they are an exception
    Quote Originally Posted by NJO View Post
    there is nothing to do today! anyone want to drive?
    dude you need my number I was trying to go on a drive today but everyone got busy.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    Agreed it should be just fine ... i think too many people get caught up in hearing cobb and getting all excited. There are a vast amount of good parts suppliers out there that shouldn't be over looked purely because its not "cobb".
    Dude what did you say? All i caught was the word Cobb?

The cobb SR is made specifically for a subaru too. But as long as your getting a good intake on there i guess it doesnt really matter. So congratulations Lou, on being one step closer to catching hawk.....I think he'd still beat you by a few lengths in the quarter. But you'd both blow the doors off of my car so I guess i just shouldnt even be talking.

Go Utes! Screw Traffic!
    Last edited by steverasman; 09-27-2008 at 11:09 PM.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

So was my custom 4" intake :P... made specifically for my Subaru
    Last edited by Gilly Monster; 09-28-2008 at 02:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    The cobb SR is made specifically by elves and fairies with powdered unicorn horns for a subaru too.!
    Fixed!

ok so the Primary Children's Hospital toy ride is today at 11am at Murray park. I'll be there about 10:45 if anyone else wants to come. I have plenty of toys so you wont need to go get one. Hope to see a few of ya there
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.