The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 271

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by 06hawkman My 02 bugeye with new STi scoop! - NASIOC yeah im looking at the 04 Style ...

Quote Originally Posted by 06hawkman View Post
    yeah im looking at the 04 Style hood scoop but an actual scoop of an 04 wont fit
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    How big were the chunks on your trans oil plug?
    no idea cause i didnt do it..
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

Shoot, well call whoever did it and ask them if they remember. If you had much more then a pinch of tiny metalic fibers then you may need some new synchros. Which sadly no dealership will honor their own warranties unless the car was just sold and has got under 10k miles. You may want to look into upgrading your tranny gears while you got your transmission apart. Like going to RA sti gear setup, that is if you got 1700 dollars do that, and if you plan on staying under 350 hp. Oh and dont go to tanner transmission ever, for anything, liers all of them.

See why Im afraid of stages? Check your clutch too. Who knows maybe its burned up. Well i gotta get back to work, fix the dang sodcutters!
    Last edited by steverasman; 09-10-2008 at 01:30 PM.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    Shoot, well call whoever did it and ask them if they remember. If you had much more then a pinch of tiny metalic fibers then you may need some new synchros. Which sadly no dealership will honor their own warranties unless the car was just sold and has got under 10k miles. You may want to look into upgrading your tranny gears while you got your transmission apart. Like going to RA sti gear setup, that is if you got 1700 dollars do that, and if you plan on staying under 350 hp. Oh and dont go to tanner transmission ever, for anything, liers all of them.

See why Im afraid of stages? Check your clutch too. Who knows maybe its burned up. Well i gotta get back to work, fix the dang sodcutters!
    i make 10 ****ing bucks an hour i dont have money for a new trans or gears and cant do the work my self. i just barley got the car not to long ago and i felt it alittle before stage 1. there is no way stage 1 did it when i have never lauched the car or power shifted

the clutch doesnt slip and feels fine if it was the clutch you would think every gear would grind or not be smooth?
    i dont know o well i guess.....
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

that bugeye looks pretty mean

Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    that bugeye looks pretty mean
    I forget what they are called but i love those horns on it lol.. and as far as your tranny im pretty sure at most its the synchos but warranty may or may not cover it, just depends on the dealership once they get it apart.. now if you'd happened to have a year like say mine where the tranny is known to be stupidly weak then you might have more luck getting the warranty work done.. but either way fight for it.. and when they say no .. call Subaru corporate and tell them.. sometimes all it takes is chewing on the right ear.

Edit: I used to do that with VW all the time for my xwife's beetle. Just give a speech about how you can't believe the company could do something like this to a loyal owner and this is something you will definately take into account when purchasing your next vehicle. I usually got them to authorize the warranty work and then some free oil change coupons on top of that.
    Last edited by Gilly Monster; 09-10-2008 at 02:15 PM.

HELLA HORNS.... we all want them and will probably group buy
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

well i prob wont be taking it in cause if they tear it to it then and the warranty wont cover it i cant pay for it.

HELLA HORNS.... we all want them and will probably group buy
    ohh ohh don't forget about me when you guys decide to.

but your beautiful oil cooler will be covered..... if you do paint them blue. treq im in the same boat saving for mfactory's
    06 WRX VF39ED
    Wingl3ss @lliance #20
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #128

but your beautiful oil cooler will be covered..... if you do paint them blue. treq im in the same boat saving for mfactory's
    yeah i would definately paint them blue.. and second i was think of mounting them to one side.

ya what does something like that cost plus labor 5k?

Im doing mine blue maybe with a silver ring
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    ya what does something like that cost plus labor 5k?
    all you need to do is save 4k+ labor and go with ppg straight cut 1 & 2 and helical 3 & 4 and keep the stock 5th.. telling you best gear setup ever :P