The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 214

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by steverasman Really? Thats weird because i have been reading all over the place that people with 02 ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    Really? Thats weird because i have been reading all over the place that people with 02 rex's were having major issues with boost creep after installing the catless dp and 3 inch exhaust. Some guys even said they were seeing as much as 21 psi in third gear at 5800 rpm's. I would be surprised if those engines lasted longer then a few months with those kind of numbers.
    That's not Stage II though. You need em in the equation, and earlier WRX tuned out boost issues really well. The 2.5 gen still have issues, even after em, due to waste gate problems.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    just buy a second motor.. like i dont know a jdm ver 8 :P or a cosworth 2.5l shortblock
    I wish....maybe when I get my next Subie, I'll make my '02 a project car..
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    I wish....maybe when I get my next Subie, I'll make my '02 a project car..
    if my motor ever dies... cosworth built block 2.5l is going in..

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    That's not Stage II though. You need em in the equation, and earlier WRX tuned out boost issues really well. The 2.5 gen still have issues, even after em, due to waste gate problems.
    Well right i know those mods by themselves arent stage 2, but like you said you need them to go stage 2.
    The earlier WRX's did tune out the bugs with the boost problems really well, when you were running a stock setup. When you start to really decrease the backflow in the exhaust (which is what you get when you have catless exhaust components, i.e. catless dp) your turbo has no choice but to spin the turbine more, causing more compression, causing your engine to really take a beating. Im not trying to be an asshat here, but I think the physics just isnt there to say that stage 2 is as safe as running stock.

Your right gilly! I just need to get a line on a JDM engine!
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

I Support ClubWRX
    if my motor ever dies... cosworth built block 2.5l is going in..
    envy
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

Well right i know those mods by themselves arent stage 2, but like you said you need them to go stage 2.
    The earlier WRX's did tune out the bugs with the boost problems really well, when you were running a stock setup. When you start to really decrease the backflow in the exhaust (which is what you get when you have catless exhaust components, i.e. catless dp) your turbo has no choice but to spin the turbine more, causing more compression, causing your engine to really take a beating. Im not trying to be an asshat here, but I think the physics just isnt there to say that stage 2 is as safe as running stock.

and i hear what your saying steve but stage 2 really is pretty reliable in the scheme of things.

I Support ClubWRX

Of course you're not an asshat, and you are almost certainly correct that stock is safer than Stage II. When I went Stage II, however, I went completely catless, full 3" exhaust, and have never had a single issue with boost creep.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

and i hear what your saying steve but stage 2 really is pretty reliable in the scheme of things.
    And that i can deal with! I think!
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

I know ill go stage 2 one day, its just convincing myself that ill be able to do it without having any major issues thats the problem. Thats why i come here to talk to you experts! Im going to get some grub! ill be back!

I know ill go stage 2 one day, its just convincing myself that ill be able to do it without having any major issues thats the problem. Thats why i come here to talk to you experts! Im going to get some grub! ill be back!
    Steve just man up and go Stage GM

on that note im off ta bed catch you all tomorrow

I Support ClubWRX
    on that note im off ta bed catch you all tomorrow
    later Gilly, stay safe!
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

well that was a long day in the car. how was everyones day?
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."

Im just totally not ready for the cold weather.
    I hate how summer quickly fades and winter rushs up on us.

i know huh... this summer went to quick. i hate waking up when it is pitch black and go out side and scrap ice and snow off my truck.
    friends don't let friends ride stock...
    Gilly Monster quote:" if you start driving like an asshat we will demote you to Civic tuner status."