The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 213

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by steverasman DANG! what in the world happened the first time? Did the dear run into your door? ...

Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    DANG! what in the world happened the first time? Did the dear run into your door?
    IIRC the deer was drunk and driving a Honda CRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    Seriously? Wow, talented Deer.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

I Support ClubWRX
    DANG! what in the world happened the first time? Did the dear run into your door?
    The first time, the deers shoulder flanks hit the fender, his head hit the windshield, and it spun along the passenger side.

The thing that really sucks is the paint. It never adheres correctly after an accident like that, thats why I have so many rock chips now. Not that Subie paint is all that great to begin with.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    DANG! what in the world happened the first time? Did the deer run into your door?

And 140,000 miles running stage 2 is pretty good! How often do you get into the power though?
    As much as I can. I don't drop the clutch anymore though.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

Well you had to replace that front passanger side fender and rear passanger side door didnt you? I mean from the looks of it those wrinkles in the sheet metal would be impossible to smooth out.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

Seriously? Wow, talented Deer.
    yeah uninsured deer also... damn thing... pesky ricer deers i tell you.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    drunk ricer deer ftl
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    As much as I can. I don't drop the clutch anymore though.
    So you havent had any problems with boost creep? Thats usually what kills the engine i hear.

I Support ClubWRX
    Well you had to replace that front passanger side fender and rear passanger side door didnt you? I mean from the looks of it those wrinkles in the sheet metal would be impossible to smooth out.
    oh, yeah. I was referring to my drive train being original. The sheet metal is not original. This will be my third left fender.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

I Support ClubWRX
    So you havent had any problems with boost creep? Thats usually what kills the engine i hear.
    That's not so much an issue in '02-'03 MY vehicles. As a matter of fact, I think that really became a problem with the 2.5l generation of WRX, '06 I believe.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    That's not so much an issue in '02-'03 MY vehicles. As a matter of fact, I think that really became a problem with the 2.5l generation of WRX, '06 I believe.
    yes indeed it only really became an issue with the EJ25 wrx gens

Really? Thats weird because i have been reading all over the place that people with 02 rex's were having major issues with boost creep after installing the catless dp and 3 inch exhaust. Some guys even said they were seeing as much as 21 psi in third gear at 5800 rpm's. I would be surprised if those engines lasted longer then a few months with those kind of numbers.

Really? Thats weird because i have been reading all over the place that people with 02 rex's were having major issues with boost creep after installing the catless dp and 3 inch exhaust. Some guys even said they were seeing as much as 21 psi in third gear at 5800 rpm's. I would be surprised if those engines lasted longer then a few months with those kind of numbers.
    messing with your waste gate on a stock turbo i dont recommend.

I kind of agree. Porting it wouldnt be to hard, but then trying to adjust my wastegate acctuater arm to compensate for the bigger port would be difficult and dangerous. That is why i sit where i do. Dont know if stage 2 is cracked up to be as safe as everyone says it is. Timber you just sound like you know how to drive your machine! kudos for 200k miles on a stage 2 wrx!
    If i had another vehicle, or a bunch of time and money, this wouldnt be much of a concern to me.

I kind of agree. Porting it wouldnt be to hard, but then trying to adjust my wastegate acctuater arm to compensate for the bigger port would be difficult and dangerous. That is why i sit where i do. Dont know if stage 2 is cracked up to be as safe as everyone says it is. Timber you just sound like you know how to drive your machine! kudos for 200k miles on a stage 2 wrx!
    If i had another vehicle, or a bunch of time and money, this wouldnt be much of a concern to me.
    just buy a second motor.. like i dont know a jdm ver 8 :P or a cosworth 2.5l shortblock