The dizzle and loulegz thread - Page 155

This is a discussion on The dizzle and loulegz thread within the Mountain States forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by steverasman Welp completely destroyed my lenses. I scratched the crap out them wet sanding the scratches out. ...

Quote Originally Posted by steverasman View Post
    Welp completely destroyed my lenses. I scratched the crap out them wet sanding the scratches out. I know its ironic. Does anyone happen to know if i can somehow buff these scratches out? ugh im almost to annoyed to even care.
    ouch ... did teh rest of the lights atleast come out fine?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by adizzle02 View Post
    check out this mad tight scion.....and its for sale
    Attachment 79820

Attachment 79821

Attachment 79822

Attachment 79823

Attachment 79824
    Wow dat is MAD TYTE JDM STYLINGZ YO! Iz be lookings for a ridez like dat!!! how much yo?

sup guys,

what did you all do today? steve that sucks aboutt your lenses. i swear even time i try to do something like that i mess it up.
    i just got back from boating at pineview res. i am so beat..

Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    sup guys,

what did you all do today? steve that sucks aboutt your lenses. i swear even time i try to do something like that i mess it up.
    i just got back from boating at pineview res. i am so beat..

hmm i just did same ole same ole... you know saving the free world and such

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Monster View Post
    hmm i just did same ole same ole... you know saving the free world and such

LOL ya i figured you might be doing the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by treq18 View Post
    LOL ya i figured you might be doing the same thing.
    Yeah its kinda limited options for stuff in my current locale
    Last edited by Gilly Monster; 08-23-2008 at 08:00 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welp completely destroyed my lenses. I scratched the crap out them wet sanding the scratches out. I know its ironic. Does anyone happen to know if i can somehow buff these scratches out? ugh im almost to annoyed to even care.
    Steve, your lenses are okay. Start over with 1000 grit, then go to 1500, then to 2000. Make sure you use plenty of water, and spend some time on this. Once that is done, use a low speed drill and polish ball and some white polishing compound. Then grab some Meguires Plasitx polish and a little elbow grease, and they will be good as new. Just remember, the more time you spend sanding, the better the results.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by timber View Post
    Steve, your lenses are okay. Start over with 1000 grit, then go to 1500, then to 2000. Make sure you use plenty of water, and spend some time on this. Once that is done, use a low speed drill and polish ball and some white polishing compound. Then grab some Meguires Plasitx polish and a little elbow grease, and they will be good as new. Just remember, the more time you spend sanding, the better the results.
    yeah my bad steve i really should have mentioned the polishing phase takes.. time... umm alot of time

Yeah guys thanks, I ended up going to autozone and buying this different lense repair kit that hooked onto a drill. I was able to improve my lenses to a little bit clearer then when i started the whole mod. It did take me a good part of the day to do though, and boy was I pissed. I havent cursed so much in months. It was really quite the scene. I finally get the lenses looking okay, so ive got my painted housing all nice and neat and ready to be put back together. (I must say the painting turned out fabulous. It take a while to mask all the tiny areas though,) but anyways I get ready to put all this back together with silicone, and im slowly putting this perfectly even bead of rtv all the way around the lense when all of the sudden the little tube decides to explode and get sealant all over everything. Lense, reflectors, black housing. IT sucked. I seriously was pissed off, just yelling and cussing like no other out in the yard and all the neighbors are looking over the fence to see what in the heck is going on. It was stressful to say the least.

Timber my first method of cleaning the scratches out of the lenses was the process you mentioned. I dont know what the deal was, I was very meticulous at following all of the instructions on the litte permatex repair box. My lenses still got ruined. WORD OF CAUTION: Do not use the permatex brand lense repair kit. It completely ruins your lenses, even if directions are followed exactly. Thanks to the 3M lense repair kit I was able to salvage my lenses.

Also for those of you planning on doing this mod, just know that if you screw it up, LIKE ME, you cant just go and buy another lense from subaru. You have to buy the entire headlight, which runs you about $387.95 from larry h miller Subaru.

So if i had to do it again, I would just go to that guy who will clear out your lenses and paint the housing for a whoping $30. Dont recall his name, Some dude in Roy. I think Adizzle knows him. Definantly worth the money. Besides I spent 30 bucks just on materials themselves. Not to mention the major PITA it was to clear out my lenses.

Oh yeah the little PVC pipe mod doesnt work, I went all over town trying to find a pvc coupler like the one shown in the link on how paint your headlights, it doesnt exist. Well at least at any of the home depots or lowes I visited.

Pictures to follow.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

Yeah guys thanks, I ended up going to autozone and buying this different lense repair kit that hooked onto a drill. I was able to improve my lenses to a little bit clearer then when i started the whole mod. It did take me a good part of the day to do though, and boy was I pissed. I havent cursed so much in months. It was really quite the scene. I finally get the lenses looking okay, so ive got my painted housing all nice and neat and ready to be put back together. (I must say the painting turned out fabulous. It take a while to mask all the tiny areas though,) but anyways I get ready to put all this back together with silicone, and im slowly putting this perfectly even bead of rtv all the way around the lense when all of the sudden the little tube decides to explode and get sealant all over everything. Lense, reflectors, black housing. IT sucked. I seriously was pissed off, just yelling and cussing like no other out in the yard and all the neighbors are looking over the fence to see what in the heck is going on. It was stressful to say the least.

Timber my first method of cleaning the scratches out of the lenses was the process you mentioned. I dont know what the deal was, I was very meticulous at following all of the instructions on the litte permatex repair box. My lenses still got ruined. WORD OF CAUTION: Do not use the permatex brand lense repair kit. It completely ruins your lenses, even if directions are followed exactly. Thanks to the 3M lense repair kit I was able to salvage my lenses.

Also for those of you planning on doing this mod, just know that if you screw it up, LIKE ME, you cant just go and buy another lense from subaru. You have to buy the entire headlight, which runs you about $387.95 from larry h miller Subaru.

So if i had to do it again, I would just go to that guy who will clear out your lenses and paint the housing for a whoping $30. Dont recall his name, Some dude in Roy. I think Adizzle knows him. Definantly worth the money. Besides I spent 30 bucks just on materials themselves. Not to mention the major PITA it was to clear out my lenses.

Oh yeah the little PVC pipe mod doesnt work, I went all over town trying to find a pvc coupler like the one shown in the link on how paint your headlights, it doesnt exist. Well at least at any of the home depots or lowes I visited.

Pictures to follow.
    You just aren't having any luck today steve... but I also may have made this sound easier than it is... being as I forget not everyone has done something like this before. Cant wait to see the pics.

pics or ban..
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

Quote Originally Posted by adizzle02 View Post
    pics or ban..
    lol... /agree +1

Well come on now dont ban me. Here are your pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Years of pictures 008.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	79838
    Really foggy looking, but you should have seen them before. Not transparent at all. And does anyone know what the little light below the turn signal does? I couldnt find a function for it.

Name:	Years of pictures 009.jpg 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	79839

There are your pictures. Now have a good laugh.
    My emotions, and how my car is currently running are somehow interconnected. I would hate to see how I would react if I totalled it!

Well come on now dont ban me. Here are your pictures.

Name:	Years of pictures 008.jpg 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	79838
    Really foggy looking, but you should have seen them before. Not transparent at all. And does anyone know what the little light below the turn signal does? I couldnt find a function for it.

Name:	Years of pictures 009.jpg 
Size:	93.3 KB 
ID:	79839

There are your pictures. Now have a good laugh.
    Looks really good actually, man now im sad that i didnt paint more around the turn signals..I should have you drive to colorado and redo mine while im gone :P...for free that is. but in seriousness those look good, ohh and that light it only works for attractive successful cool people......so i couldnt get it to work either

Yeah ill paint your headlights, just dont let me touch the lenses. Just uh send one of your army planes to come pick me up and ill parachute to your cars location.

So you cant get the light to work either then? Does anyone know what it is?