Subaru WRX Forum banner

The dizzle and loulegz thread

519K views 11K replies 57 participants last post by  Calvinball 
#1 ·
ADizzle02 Sandy Utah

xXLouLegzXx do you drive a black rex?? I think you live 3 houses down from me hahaha

#8,048 ·
hows everyone doing? i havent been on in a while, been really busy at school and work. eric, your exhaust is almost done, i got i just need to make sure that i have the connection in the right place so its not twisted, my dumb *ss forgot to mrk it, so i need to find which way it goes so its not spun and i have to re-cut and weld, i added about 3.5 inches, i was exactly sure but you said you would rather have it long than short, and if its not right i can redo it, but hopefuly tomorrow i can get it all welded back together and smoke check it so theres not leaks.

#8,058 ·
Dang, Im checking all over to try and find another stock BPV, (gilly thinks this will fix my boost problems, its worth 30 bucks to try it..) Anyways these things are selling faster the cobb intakes! I wonder if everyone is finally figuring out that for most cars the BPV actually works better.

#8,059 ·
you may try checking to make sure that your bpv is seated all the way down in the hose..you said you had a new gasket for it as well correct? it may not hurt to just double check all the vaccume hoses as well. I got to thinking that its probably not your BCS. when my car was only hitting 9psi it was my bcs that was bad. it would go over 9psi at all.

#8,078 ·
I know a good place to get pretty much anything done like that to your car, Its a place called, Pyle Wheel and Brake. Good prices, super good customer service. I would trust anything that company would tell me about my vehicle. Back when i had my Blazer is when i found them. They were honest and upfront with me about everything. They dont take shortcuts on their work and they dont screw you over trying to sale you parts or services you dont really need.

You would have to buy your own Amsoil Tranny fluid though. Try the amsoil website, nobody in town stocks the stuff. I thought about becoming a "dealer" (if you can call it that) for Amsoil just outta my house, because it seems like everyone is always looking for the stuff.

#8,086 ·
Agree, kind of. Most SR i dont think offer a whole lot of improvement over stock, but I am fairly confindent in Cobbs intake setup.

I wonder if its boost creep or boost spike. I still got cats in everything though! How could it happen? Unless my wastegate is opening late somehow still? Im puzzled again. Great. BCS, BOV, Silicone hoses, New turbo Inlet, here I come! If that doesnt solve my problems, then im just gonna smoke pot until i forget about it.

#8,090 · (Edited)
Well what about the drop in intake temp cobb cold air box offers? And what about how the intake draws in air without next to no turbulance? It doesnt add power I geuss. It just makes power more available. Which in turn makes it easier to make even more power more available. The only way you can really make power is to burn more fuel. So a lot of engine mods dont add power!

It just the same principal as weight reduction. You dont add anymore power to anything, you just make things easier for the power you have to move your car. I probablly went way to far into this..

#8,093 ·
from what i have read they(intakes) dont add power on are cars. but i dont have one to tell you for sure. if you look at cobbs temp reading they are comparing their intake with and with out the box. not comparing it to stock which pretty much draws air from the same place on the car. that is all i am saying. it would be nice to see temp comparisions for cobbs intake and stock.

#8,100 ·
how can you not? all i know is its dumping in the mountains, and im skiing on saturday. so im a happy camper, but im thinking im going to see if i can find someone to trade me intakes, evetytime i drive i feel so guilty because i know it has to be sucking up water.

#8,101 ·
Do you have a low mount CAI? Just cut it! thats what I did to mine today. Im waiting for cobb to get there intakes in, in the meantime im running this rigged setup.

Obama Ftw..

#8,103 ·
fitments not an issue with a custom made 4" intake :p

so anyhow this guy... still not a US citizen.. long story short basically because my company decided they could not live without me for more than a few days.. the last minute flight they got me.. got delayed and i missed the whole shebang.... :sadwave:

#8,110 ·
i dont know if this is the right place to ask but i have a 4eat and last night while playin in the snow up the canyon :rolleyes: i spun out coming down, and not a huge issue, spun it back to the road and kept going. then my atf temp light came on. does the light mean i HURT something or ABOUT to hurt something? basically is my tranny ok? tranny cooler, just got moved up the mod list :D

#8,111 ·
i dont know if this is the right place to ask but i have a 4eat and last night while playin in the snow up the canyon :rolleyes: i spun out coming down, and not a huge issue, spun it back to the road and kept going. then my atf temp light came on. does the light mean i HURT something or ABOUT to hurt something? basically is my tranny ok? 5 or 6 MT just got moved up the mod list :D
fixor3d! :rotfl:

#8,123 ·
ok ive got about 400 to spend, i can scroung some more if i need, but ive been looking for an accessport but cant find a V2 for that cheap, anyone have any suggestions?
here were some of my ideas
-springs
-i/c and turbo inlet hose
-tints
-exhaust
-HID fogs
-guages
-shifter bushings
-sway bars
-strut tower braces

what would you guys buy? im thinking im going to dig a bit deeper and buy an AP though. then next check go stage 2.

#8,124 ·
i say AP v2. maybe cut intake and build box or get on of those adapters we talked about and make a box. then TBE. then maybe gauges and turbo inlet with ic hoses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.