Stock automatic WRX times?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock automatic WRX times? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been looking around on here, but haven't been able to find any stock times for the automatics. I'm guessing ...

Stock automatic WRX times?

I've been looking around on here, but haven't been able to find any stock times for the automatics. I'm guessing low 15's, maybe 91mph or so? Need to settle some b.s. with some retards, so some times would be great if anyone has any. Thanks,

Jason

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well i heard the AT's weren't as fast as the MT's so i'm guessing maybe a second off the MT...then theres how good u drive..could be anywhere from low15s to high 15s...all depends on the driver really

Moderating YOU
    before you had your Subaru!
    I Support ClubWRX
    I don't have a stock car and I haven't even been to the strip yet, but it seems about 1-1.5 seconds slower than the MT is about right. I'd say high 15s to mid 16s for a stock auto.
    Armin - ClubWRX Admin/Moderator since 2002
    Vice President and Editorial Manager, NWMotiv.com
    Photography Portfolios: ArminAusejo.com | ArminWeddings.com
    President, Project One Car Club
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)
    djrez4 is a genius | ScoobyDMC #010

yeah well i'm the "Retard" he had beef with.

i said, and i quote, "unless you're lying about your mods (MSD wires, cold air intake, bored throttle body, race computer, header, no converter, dynomax muffler), i'd respectfully request that you line up against any WRX in the general vicinity and test yourself. you don't know what we're capable of...."

from what i understand, you raced a stock auto WRX and he bogged. that's not an excuse, and if you want to go around bragging that you beat a wrx, by all means, go ahead. just don't expect it to happen again.
    Deliberating enclaves of like-minded people are often a breeding ground for extreme movements - Cass Sunstein

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX

I don't know the whole story and I don't know if I want to know now...
    02 WRX "EVA-00" | 15 Audi S3 "Ella" | 2010 A4 (traded in) | 02 M3 "M-Thrizzle" (traded in) | 08 STI "Blaze" (sold)

str
    I saw some times for an auto in a car magazine. I believe the manual was 0-60 5.7 sec, 1/4 of 14.3 and the auto was 0-60 6.8 sec and 1/4 in 15.1. These were sedans.
    2004 Black Forester XT

Originally posted by djrez4
    yeah well i'm the "Retard" he had beef with.

i said, and i quote, "unless you're lying about your mods (MSD wires, cold air intake, bored throttle body, race computer, header, no converter, dynomax muffler), i'd respectfully request that you line up against any WRX in the general vicinity and test yourself. you don't know what we're capable of...."

from what i understand, you raced a stock auto WRX and he bogged. that's not an excuse, and if you want to go around bragging that you beat a wrx, by all means, go ahead. just don't expect it to happen again.
    what the hell are you talking about

About a month ago I ran an automatic WRX from a light in my neon. Yeah, it was stock, and I yeah, I know if I raced a standard from a light it would kill me (as I stated way back when in my original post, although from a roll it would be pretty close I think). Only track near me is an 1/8th mile and my best there is a 9.69 @ 73.76mph. I'm not here to start crap with you guys, it's just I'm sick of people spouting off their opinion when they don't know the facts. In this thread "http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6418" one of the times listed for a standard is almost identical to my run. On the 9.69 run I had a 2.31 60 foot, 6.301 330 foot, and on his (time wise identical), it was a 2.33, 6.39 and a 1/2 mph higher trap speed. I know they can be faster than that, but even with a standard, if they blow the launch I'll have a decent chance. With an auto, it will take a second for the boost to kick in and I don't see why it's so hard to believe I beat one. If there's another one in the Charleston WV area, I'll be willing to meet up at Kanawha Valley Dragway or whatever for fun. I'd like to race a standard, but preferably from a roll. Later,

Jason

Originally posted by JasoNeon
    About a month ago I ran an automatic WRX from a light in my neon. Yeah, it was stock, and I yeah, I know if I raced a standard from a light it would kill me (as I stated way back when in my original post, although from a roll it would be pretty close I think). Only track near me is an 1/8th mile and my best there is a 9.69 @ 73.76mph. I'm not here to start crap with you guys, it's just I'm sick of people spouting off their opinion when they don't know the facts. In this thread "http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6418" one of the times listed for a standard is almost identical to my run. On the 9.69 run I had a 2.31 60 foot, 6.301 330 foot, and on his (time wise identical), it was a 2.33, 6.39 and a 1/2 mph higher trap speed. I know they can be faster than that, but even with a standard, if they blow the launch I'll have a decent chance. With an auto, it will take a second for the boost to kick in and I don't see why it's so hard to believe I beat one. If there's another one in the Charleston WV area, I'll be willing to meet up at Kanawha Valley Dragway or whatever for fun. I'd like to race a standard, but preferably from a roll. Later,

Jason
    u better have some mods on your neon cuz a mt wrx runs low 14s stock with a good driver and mid with an ok driver..so i dunno what your talking about buuuudy no hate intended

It was an AUTOMATIC I ran. I said I'd like to race a standard WRX from a roll. I've been looking and reading a lot on the WRX's and I've noted one thing in particular (same with all awd cars)....if you bog the launch pretty bad, you're going to lose 1/2 a second in the 1/4th mile on average (maybe even more, which would put it in the high 14's). I've also seen the average trap speed for a stock WRX seems to be right around 94mph. Now, I've never been to a 1/4th mile track, but going by my 1/8th mile time and speed matched with people with the same mods as me on the same car, they generally turn in on average a high 14 (14.8 - 14.9) at around 93 - 94 mph. Since the mph is the same, that's why I feel from a roll, it should be a decent race against a standard WRX. I can drive really well, and I honestly believe the car could do a high 14 right now. Now, if I raced one from a stop and he bogged the launch, I feel it would be a decent run. I think it would pull on me, but not by that much. If they don't bog the launch, then odds are I'll most likely never catch up unless they just can't drive. Again, not trying to start anything, just want to have an honest conversation. Thanks for the replies so far,

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

Are you retarded? If you raced somebody that had a clue how to power brake an Auto he would have killed you, an automatic car will build up boost pressure when power braking, which should result in a VERY solid launch, especially compared to your fwd car. As for a rex getting a 2.33 60', that is simply a poor launch and poor RT. As for racing from a roll, please, any half decent driver would rape you, people tend to think the WRX is slow from a roll, but under 80mph the car pulls hard. Just race a MT Rex, get smoked, and stop making absurd claims. Also, is there ANYBODY here who willingly chose to get a AT WRX? I know some people were forced into it, but did anybody actually want an AT??
    '02 WRX as of 8/2
    WR Blue Exterior
    -STi Short Shifter
    -Injen CAI in Blue
    -TXS H-RFL BOV

Moderating YOU
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by SoCalWRXr
    Are you retarded? If you raced somebody that had a clue how to power brake an Auto he would have killed you, an automatic car will build up boost pressure when power braking, which should result in a VERY solid launch, especially compared to your fwd car. As for a rex getting a 2.33 60', that is simply a poor launch and poor RT. As for racing from a roll, please, any half decent driver would rape you, people tend to think the WRX is slow from a roll, but under 80mph the car pulls hard. Just race a MT Rex, get smoked, and stop making absurd claims. Also, is there ANYBODY here who willingly chose to get a AT WRX? I know some people were forced into it, but did anybody actually want an AT??
    I know for sure that Jorge (RiftsWRX) chose to buy an AT and he'll beat most MT guys on here.

It should be noted though that using the stock torque converter, you'd be lucky to build any boost since the stall speed is at about 3k rpm or less. Once you upgrade the TC though, look out

man i don't even live near west VA, but i'm a MT and i'll personally drive up there and race ya on a roll. but if your neon is stock, then there's no way a MT wrx will ever lose to a neon. and i won't say NEVER b/c there are some bad drivers out there, but i'm saying ALL things being equal, that just won't happen.

here's my proof, there was this guy that kept calling my wrx out for a race on a roll. he had a civic that had all the seats taken out (except the driver seat) and had header, intake and exhaust, and one other mod that eludes me now. we rolled from 15mph and i still beat him.

but hey, if you do manage to beat a MT wrx on a roll one day, i'll definetely eat my words

---RaCinWRX

Would some of you people quit making the entire WRX community look bad!? As far as retarded, you might want to check your own post....reaction time has NO BEARING on 60' times. Did anyone look at what time he ran? 9.69 in the 1/8th is definitely in the ballpark of what most MT WRXs run, and quicker than most autos I've seen (all stock). Sure if you can drive you can outrun him in the 1/8th, but only by a few tenths. From a roll it should be interesting. His question was legitimate, so lets not be complete asses.

Sorry for the rant,

VV

Originally posted by SoCalWRXr

Yep, I have to agree with VetteVert. His NEON has a very good chance of taking out either a manual or auto wrx if it is pretty much stock. It would probably go to the better driver.

Carlo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.