Stock automatic WRX times? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock automatic WRX times? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by subz no shyt wrx stock would beat v6 mustang jus sayin neons cant , idk what ppl ...

Quote Originally Posted by subz View Post
    no shyt wrx stock would beat v6 mustang jus sayin neons cant , idk what ppl r thinkinh
    ban.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good thread.

One question though:
    How come the bug eyes seem "faster" than the 04-05's? I keep hearing all this about stronger trans and such....then I see posts about sub 15 sec runs and stage 2 low 14-high 13 runs???

Someone clue me in.

Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    Good thread.

One question though:
    How come the bug eyes seem "faster" than the 04-05's? I keep hearing all this about stronger trans and such....then I see posts about sub 15 sec runs and stage 2 low 14-high 13 runs???

Someone clue me in.
    Its because bugeyes are teh shizzle dizzle
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

Chargespeed Pink and Blue 300WHP 4EAT Bugeye
    SubieChick.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mario777 View Post
    Its because bugeyes are teh shizzle dizzle

fo show.

it's cause they are all old, like ray.

so they all have been driving a looooong time.

hence they are really good at driving.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes

I think it may be practice makes perfect or that new driver mod thing
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

Chargespeed Pink and Blue 300WHP 4EAT Bugeye
    SubieChick.com

SoCal F4 #22 Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    Good thread.

One question though:

Someone clue me in.
    Lightest of the WRXs, and no inline clutch restrictor. I would think those would be the main things that could make a difference. My bugeye (5spd) ran low 14s stock, but so have many 04-05s....

VV

Well they can't be that much lighter!

I think I just need to work on my skIlLz.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mario777 View Post
    I will bring back the dead and say I went 14.8 everything stock except an exhaust and that was at Las Vegas Motor Speedway with a 1.85 60' time. I upgraded to a VF34 and a torque converter and I now go 13.3 with a 1.775 60' time at LVMS and I beat all of the 5 speed guys with even more mods than me. They all go 13.6 and 13.7 and they have FMIC and one has a VF22 and one has a VF34 externally gated. But yeah just keep thinking 4EATs are slow because you will be asking wtf happened when I beat you. I have been told that my car is a freak of nature but all that matters is that its a stock 2.0l block with a VF34, 565cc injectors and other simple mods and all I hear is OH MY GOD and disbelief and 13.3 is not even a good time.

But yea just don't get me started on 4EATs vs. M/T because I always hear this "with equal mods and if the manual doesnt miss a shift blah blah blah" mumbo jumbo but when it comes down to it the 4EAT I own beats the ones with even more mods than I have.
    Good runs! Your Suby is looking good! I know the following is a magazine time, but you can at least use it as a ballpark to get an idea of the ballpark of a car's performance.

http://www.modernracer.com/subaruimprezawrx2006.html

So maybe the source isn't so good, but it says the 4eat 0-60 is 6.2. Your 14.8 is what one of the MotorTrend times recorded for the 06 4eat as well, so good run! Have a good one and keep rockin' your Suby!

I see this thread is still brewing. Anyways finally got the 'ol neon running about 8psi the other day (stand-alone tuning for the first time takes a while). Other than the obvious lack of traction, it freaking flies. Not saying this to piss anyone off (I have a WRX) but at 8psi it will run circles around my stage 2 WRX. Can't wait to get it all broken in and get it up to 15-18 and obliterate some unsuspecting people.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

Wow!!!

I Have An 02 Stock Wrx Automatic. Now Being That I Have Been Drag Racing For 4 Years Now (on A Track) I Know Before I Even Took My First Pass That Any Automatic Car Performs Better In 0-60 And Quarter For 2 Reasons

1. Autos Can Spool While Power Breaking Creating A Solid Ass Launch!!!

2. That Split Second In Between Manual Shifts Aquires Time, Automatics Dont, They Have Solid Shifts.

Autos Have Always Been More Efficient In 1/8 And 1/4 Times. Anythin After That I Dont Know Jack!!!

Thankyou For Ur Time.

Wow!!!

I Have An 02 Stock Wrx Automatic. Now Being That I Have Been Drag Racing For 4 Years Now (on A Track) I Know Before I Even Took My First Pass That Any Automatic Car Performs Better In 0-60 And Quarter For 2 Reasons

1. Autos Can Spool While Power Breaking Creating A Solid Launch!!!

2. That Split Second In Between Manual Shifts Aquires Time, Automatics Dont, They Have Solid Shifts.

Autos Have Always Been More Efficient In 1/8 And 1/4 Times. Anythin After That I Dont Know Jack!!!

Thankyou For Ur Time.

ignore

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 0DeuceDub View Post

1. Autos Can Spool While Power Breaking Creating A Solid Launch!!!

Thankyou For Ur Time.
    Obviously has never heard of a locking torque converter vs the stock stock converter which includes the HP robbed, the extremely slow launches and slow shifts they provide.

With a good torque converter though, an auto is def. the way to go in drag racing.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast