Stock automatic WRX times? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stock automatic WRX times? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Don't bust the Neon guys balls. Neons arent fast stock, but as fas a cars go in general are deffenitly ...

Don't bust the Neon guys balls. Neons arent fast stock, but as fas a cars go in general are deffenitly not slow. Especilly is its a low model thats pretty light weight with a stick. I used to have one 11grand new. I swear could beat almost any V6 auto out there from a stop. As far as wrx auto, I dunno. Once driving the neon I did beat a manual turbo DSM three times in a row (he had 100k+ miles) and my car had like 20k. But it happened.

Dont get my wrong guys I love the wrx and I do think and wrx is faster than a neon. But a Z28 ss is faster than a wrx, but that doesent mean you cant ever get ahead on a street race.

As far as Auto vs Manual, to me sports cars are faster and more fun manual. But and auto can be very convinet I suppose. Its silly how some pple buy autos cause they cant drive a stick, then justify how is just as fast or just as good. When they there selves wanted the stick they just dont know how to drive it. But who could blame em I've read enough posts about pple who dont know how to drive a stick for sh*t breakin trannys.

Are my posts a little wordy?

-Dave

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re:

V V: you're right, i misquoted. the VTD is not a suspension system, rather a "handling system." whatever the term is, VTD helps my car in turns, dives, climbs, etc. something that MT doesn't have.

in regards to fast 4EATs, you can run a search on the i-club. i think RiftsWRX already has a 12 sec. car. there are others that i read of. not talking just here in North America, but all over.

kdcass: yes, people who preach about autos being better than MTs just because that person can't drive a stick can get annoying, but equally annoying are people who preach about MT over 4EATs and pretending that driving a stick is a special skill that only years of training and discipline can accomplish.

i learned how to drive a stick when i was 13. and all it took was 10 minutes. now i'm 24 and in 10 yrs, i haven't touched a stick until last month i drove an M3 and it was as if i've been driving stick for years. point being, it's very annoying to hear people pretend that driving stick is a special skill when in truth, learning how to ride a bicycle is tougher.

now if you were driving stick w/ only one hand, i'd be impressed.

Bunot: Well put, yeah it goes both ways. Just driving a stick, is however much different than driving an AWD car with enough power to kill the drivetrain.

Kinda funny about driving a stick with one hand. I can, in fact I had too.

I have always drivin a stick and have been for 9 years. About 3 years ago I broke my right hand pretty bad and couldn't use it. I was diving a manual neon at the time. I had to shift and steer with my left! It was really hard at first, gotta use your knee to hold the wheel to shift while turning. Anyways I got good at it and to this day Ill shift sometimes with my left hand. IE putting in a CD or taking a drink, and I do it with out thinkin about it.

Re: Re: Re:

Originally posted by VetteVert
    I won't question your choice. After all, it is your choice. But you might want to check on a few of your points. Mainly 6, 7, 11 , and 13

VV

7 Being the fastest Rex Times in automatic, I'll point you here:

http://forums.i-club.com/forums/show...ghlight=DBRonx

Back from the dead with this post. Sorry, I've been sick and was just looking to see what I've posted about on here and found this topic.......with a big peice of information missing from it.

Quick overview:

I asked what stock automatic 02-03 wrx's run in the 1/4th mile and was told anywhere from low to high 15's. I had raced one in a 98 Neon R/T with a few bolt ons (ran 9.69 @ 73.74mph in the 1/8th mile). and beat it from a stop up to about 60 or so by a couple cars. Caught hell from some people, couple of people were nice about it. I also mentioned I'd like to run a stock 5 speed wrx from a roll and see what would happen because I thought it would be close. Well I did, way back when and here's the results:

Pulled up beside a black WRX at a stoplight with an A-Pillar with a couple of gauges in it and asked if it was a 5 speed. He said yes and I asked if he'd give me a run from about 40mph. He said sure so we got going, let traffic get ahead of us and got side by side at 40mph. I honked 3 times and we took off. Going into 3rd gear around 60mph my front end was at his door. At 90-95 my front bumper was a couple of feet behind his rear bumper. After the race we exchanged thumbs up and I asked if it was stock. He said yes, and the gauges I saw were an oil pressure and boost gauge. So there ya have it for what it's worth.

Jason
    1998 Turbo Neon..My own Stage 42
    2004 WRX Wagon....getting rid of it

Princess Moderator

I Support ClubWRX
    wow.. 2002 was a long as time ago....
    Jennifer - "Consigliere" for the Bugeye Mafia
    ScoobyDMCtt - Blobeye Syndicate #007
    04 STi ECU - with Protune - FSTi Garrett GT40 -- 422whp-more to come... 12.86 @ 105

BoBBy TuNED@ preracing.com --- DIFFERENT STROKES

Banned

neons are slow as hell

my friend has sxt 04 neon or w.e it has 140 hp , automatic. **** will NOT beat my v6 mustang.... who ever said it will beat v6 cars are really retarted .. they low torque dont help either prolly like 150 pb torque

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by subz View Post
    my friend has sxt 04 neon or w.e it has 140 hp , automatic. **** will NOT beat my v6 mustang.... who ever said it will beat v6 cars are really retarted .. they low torque dont help either prolly like 150 pb torque
    I don't recall anyone in the four years this entry has been alive say that a Neon AT will beat a V6.

I'd watch what you say though, some F4 and V4 cars can beat V6 easy. You just have to think about what cars we're talking about. Obviously my stage II WRX MT will kill a V6 Jeep Wrangler. As for touching a V6 MT Mustang? It'd be a good race and IMO would come down to the driver.

Just because your car has a V6 doesn't make it untouchable. Pretty sure a responsibly modded AT Neon (Or SRT-4 ) can beat a V6 Stang. As aforementioned a WRX owner turned a 4EAT WRX into a 12sec 1/4 monstah.
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

I think he was knocking the non srt4 neons saying they are so slow they cant even beat his v6 mustang.
    v6 mustangs run in the 16's dont they??

^^And by the way, unless a v6 mustang is modded well, as in some kind of FI, a stage 2 wrx should have no problem winning.

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red06wrx View Post
    I think he was knocking the non srt4 neons saying they are so slow they cant even beat his v6 mustang.
    v6 mustangs run in the 16's dont they??

^^And by the way, unless a v6 mustang is modded well, as in some kind of FI, a stage 2 wrx should have no problem winning.
    SHhhh I was trying to give him a sense of false hope
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SixDaysToSunday View Post
    I don't recall anyone in the four years this entry has been alive say that a Neon AT will beat a V6.

I'd watch what you say though, some F4 and V4 cars can beat V6 easy. You just have to think about what cars we're talking about. Obviously my stage II WRX MT will kill a V6 Jeep Wrangler. As for touching a V6 MT Mustang? It'd be a good race and IMO would come down to the driver.

Just because your car has a V6 doesn't make it untouchable. Pretty sure a responsibly modded AT Neon (Or SRT-4 ) can beat a V6 Stang. As aforementioned a WRX owner turned a 4EAT WRX into a 12sec 1/4 monstah.
    Good post! I just read this thread, and Sunday, you make a great point.
    The Hyundai Tiburon has a v6 2.7 liter that makes 173 hp. The base Impreza makes 173 hp on Subaru's 2.5 liter 4 cyl engine, and has less cyl. and displacement, yet makes the same hp output, and the Impreza has something like only 100 pounds more weight, despite having AWD and two more doors.

While an automatic WRX is obviously stock slower than a manual WRX, they are still a WRX and still not a push over. I bought an auto for many of the reasons that have already been listed, (ie city traffic) but also because I like EVERYTHING that the WRX offers; if I wanted to buy and drag race a WRX, I could have bought the manual (it is cheaper,) but I bought my auto for a fun, safe, great handling and performance car, that is for my family as well, so they can use it too. Most smart auto buyers didn't buy a WRX, or an auto for that matter, before looking into it, most know what they are getting into, and I love my WRX.

I love my WRX, and if I wanted to make it an all out drag racer, I would wait for the warranty to be up and mod it like crazy, but we'll see. Oh, and yes, your stage II WRX would beat a v6 Wrangler all day long. The great thing about a WRX, is if you want a little more performance, the tuning market is so built up and proven for WRXs that anyone with a WRX can mod it, or go stage II, and pretty much call it a day. Happy Thanksgiving!

Banned
    no shyt wrx stock would beat v6 mustang jus sayin neons cant , idk what ppl r thinkinh

Quote Originally Posted by subz View Post
    no shyt wrx stock would beat v6 mustang jus sayin neons cant , idk what ppl r thinkinh

Except, of course, for SRT-4 Neons, right. 'Cause they're "the fast4r" and will eat your V6 mustang alive.

Just kidding.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

I will bring back the dead and say I went 14.8 everything stock except an exhaust and that was at Las Vegas Motor Speedway with a 1.85 60' time. I upgraded to a VF34 and a torque converter and I now go 13.3 with a 1.775 60' time at LVMS and I beat all of the 5 speed guys with even more mods than me. They all go 13.6 and 13.7 and they have FMIC and one has a VF22 and one has a VF34 externally gated. But yeah just keep thinking 4EATs are slow because you will be asking wtf happened when I beat you. I have been told that my car is a freak of nature but all that matters is that its a stock 2.0l block with a VF34, 565cc injectors and other simple mods and all I hear is OH MY GOD and disbelief and 13.3 is not even a good time.

But yea just don't get me started on 4EATs vs. M/T because I always hear this "with equal mods and if the manual doesnt miss a shift blah blah blah" mumbo jumbo but when it comes down to it the 4EAT I own beats the ones with even more mods than I have.
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

Chargespeed Pink and Blue 300WHP 4EAT Bugeye
    SubieChick.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mario777 View Post
    I will bring back the dead and say I went 14.8 everything stock except an exhaust and that was at Las Vegas Motor Speedway with a 1.85 60' time. I upgraded to a VF34 and a torque converter and I now go 13.3 with a 1.775 60' time at LVMS and I beat all of the 5 speed guys with even more mods than me. They all go 13.6 and 13.7 and they have FMIC and one has a VF22 and one has a VF34 externally gated. But yeah just keep thinking 4EATs are slow because you will be asking wtf happened when I beat you. I have been told that my car is a freak of nature but all that matters is that its a stock 2.0l block with a VF34, 565cc injectors and other simple mods and all I hear is OH MY GOD and disbelief and 13.3 is not even a good time.

But yea just don't get me started on 4EATs vs. M/T because I always hear this "with equal mods and if the manual doesnt miss a shift blah blah blah" mumbo jumbo but when it comes down to it the 4EAT I own beats the ones with even more mods than I have.
    you have a factory freak, so your stats should be excluded from any analysis of 4eat times vs neon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.