WRC Finland Aug 3-5 talk/results

This is a discussion on WRC Finland Aug 3-5 talk/results within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After a two-month break, the World Rally Championship is about to resume, and the Subaru World Rally Team will be ...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX

Cool WRC Finland Aug 3-5 talk/results

After a two-month break, the World Rally Championship is about to resume, and the Subaru World Rally Team will be busier than ever as it prepares to field three cars for the first time this season.

Joining Petter Solberg/Phil Mills and Chris Atkinson/Stephane Prevot behind the wheel of Subaru Impreza WRC2007s will be Xavier Pons/Xavier Amigo, the Spanish pair making their debut for the Japanese manufacturer.

Next weekend's Rally Finland is one of the classic events in the WRC schedule. It's a high-speed thrash along smooth, flowing gravel tracks through pine and spruce forests and past the thousands of lakes which are scattered through the area. The rally is based in Jyvaskyla, a vibrant town which is the cultural and business hub of central Finland.

http://www.rally-live.com/wrc/en/index.shtml
    http://www.crash.net/home~cid~4.htm
    www.swrt.com
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah! Seems like forever. So where do you guys get the vids of the rallies now that the enormously sideways site stopped posting them? Oh, and I have no experience with bit torrents, thanks in advance.
    An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see an ‘Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order’ sign, just ‘Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.’ - Mitch Hedberg

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXelent View Post
    Yeah! Seems like forever. So where do you guys get the vids of the rallies now that the enormously sideways site stopped posting them? Oh, and I have no experience with bit torrents, thanks in advance.
    Download Bitorrent and then go to www.rallytorrents.com

Its the best way to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627 View Post
    Download Bitorrent and then go to www.rallytorrents.com

Its the best way to get them.
    Great! Now i'm ready for the weekend! Thanks again.
    An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. You would never see an ‘Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order’ sign, just ‘Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.’ - Mitch Hedberg

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    The skies were covered this Thursday morning in the Jyväskylä region as the drivers reunited with their cars for the traditional pre-race shakedown.

No rain appeared despite the clouds, which allowed the contenders to embark on their test runs over dry roads.

The set-ups were tweaked on a 3.76-kilometre trail that, according to the drivers, was not at all representative and nowhere close in nature to the stages they will be facing during the next three days.

In addition, the road was becoming rutted after two passes and did not permit any improvements in speed or any real evaluation of the cars' true performances. Therefore, the crews did not have much to show after this morning's runs as most held back from the test trail due to its deterioration.

However, the shakedown did allow the drivers to renew their feelings behind the steering wheel after the series' two-month summer hiatus.

The fastest time belongs to Marcus Grönholm, as the event's favorite brought in his new Ford Focus ahead of Petter Solberg's Subaru Impreza and another Focus, that of Jari-Matti Latvala.

Sébastien Loeb was fourth fastest aboard his Citroën C4, leading team mate Dani Sordo and Subaru's Chris Atkinson, who both signed identical times.

Shakedown times:
    1 Marcus Grönholm Ford Focus WRC 2'04"6
    2 Petter Solberg Subaru Impreza WRC 2'05"6
    3 Jari-Matti Latvala Ford Focus WRC 2'05"9
    4 Sébastien Loeb Citroën C4 WRC 2'06"3
    5 Dani Sordo Citroën C4 WRC 2'06"7
    - Chris Atkinson Subaru Impreza WRC 2'06"7
    7 Henning Solberg Ford Focus WRC 2'06"8
    8 Manfred Stohl Citroën Xsara WRC 2'07"5
    9 Urmo Aava Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 2'08"7
    10 Mikko Hirvonen Ford Focus WRC 2'09"0
    11 Juho Hanninen Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 2'09"6
    12 Xevi Pons Subaru Impreza WRC 2'10"2
    13 Luis Perez Companc Ford Focus WRC 2'10"4
    14 Mats Ostberg Subaru Impreza WRC 2'11"0
    15 Kristian Sohlberg Mitsubishi Lancer WRC 2'11"1
    16 Matthew Wilson Ford Focus WRC 2'12"1
    17 Jan Kopecky Skoda Fabia WRC 2'12"5
    18 Guy Wilks Ford Focus WRC 2'13"4
    19 Andreas Mikkelsen Ford Focus WRC 2'14"6
    20 Federico Villagra Ford Focus WRC 2'16"6
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    Overall as of SS6 MOKKIPERA 2:

1.Gronholm -Ford-38'12"8
    2.Hirvonen -Ford-38'13"2
    3.Loeb -C4-3822"1
    4.Atkinson -Subaru-38'30"0
    5.P.Solberg -Subaru-38'42"2
    6.Sordo -C4-38'50"6
    7.H.Solberg -Ford-38'54"7
    8.Stohl -Xsara-39'09"6
    9.Pons -Subaru-39'18"4
    10.Hanninen -Mitsu-39'23"1
    "All We'll Drive"

Thanks for the update! After 2 months it looks like nothing has changed. (leaderboard)

I Support ClubWRX
    are there 'known' plans of any televised events? I sure miss the Speed channel airings of all events, like yesteryear...
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    from rally-live:
    Rally Finland's last stage did not bring any changes to the order of the podium. Marcus Grönholm easily held on to his lead, winning his seventh home rally and setting a new record. His team mate and fellow Finn Mikko Hirvonen stood on the second step of the podium, thereby offering the works Ford team a one-two victory.

Citroën's Sébastien Loeb took third place, conceding four precious points to championship leader and rival Grönholm.

Ford has arrived at the best possible result during this event by taking in the maximum number of points for the constructors championship. Malcom Wilson's team now possesses a 40-point lead on Guy Fréquelin's outfit.

Subaru:
    Chris Atkinson was able to display the works Subaru Impreza's potential in Finland. After winning the first stage, he settled into fourth position, kept the pace over the following trails, and started managing his race late in the day on Saturday.

For his first rally with the Subaru team, Xevi Pons did very well by taking the sixth overall position. Although seven minutes behind the leader, the Spaniard made his way to the end of the rally and was awarded three points in the process.

In contrast, the situation was highly frustrating for Petter Solberg. He had to deal with an Impreza whose attitude was so unforeseeable that the team ordered the Norwegian to retire before the situation became too dangerous. The car will be now be scrutinised via deep analysis.
    "All We'll Drive"