Rally Racing
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rally Racing within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I'm in love with Rally Racing and wanted to know if there are any open tracks in CO? Or ...

Rally Racing

So I'm in love with Rally Racing and wanted to know if there are any open tracks in CO? Or how one becomes a member to a team of it?

Another thing I want to know is how to get sponsored? As some of you know I'm a father to a beautiful daughter...and 18...with a pretty good paying job as an auto mechanic for Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge...but still not enough to get up and buy parts right away...at least not at FULL price

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ill be the first to tell you that without alot of money, chances of you going somewhere in rally are slim to none.
    07' WRB WRX
    98' SR5 4Runner

I'd say getting sponsored is a long shot unless you are in the right place at the right time. Do you have any previous racing experience? Most of the guys who rally in the states either have alot of money, or alot of proven talent.

The cheapest way to get into rallying is to buy a car that is already built. If you just want to Rally X on the weekends, look for used sets of gravel tires, but be prepared to break stuff. Using your daily driver to rally might be more trouble than its worth.
    Last edited by LIV 2 RLY; 07-22-2007 at 09:49 PM.
    Hawk-Eye alliance #052

I'm also into photography!
    Check out my photos: My Flickr

hey thnx man...and i don't have any professional training, but have spent many hours in the mountains and a course me an my friends made in town...but that's concrete not dirt

As far as sponsorship i meant in general whether it be for rims, body kit, or whatever it may be.

rally is a HUGE investment on your part and you wont get anything back in return. tread lightly and dont use your daily driver.

look into rallyX if you want to get started and even at that level, don't use your daily driver if you can't afford mods. (because you will end up needing that money to fix your daily driver)

rent a car and check it out... if you love it, you can continue to rent or even find a cheap beater...
    Yes, that is me in my avatar! Kid's don't try this at home.
    CLICKY to view My Extensive Mod List!

Banned
    I would love to build a rally car some day. Either that or a prerunner

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    You might wanna check out rally cross first

http://www.coloradorallycross.org/
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.