how accurete is the ap 1/4 times?

This is a discussion on how accurete is the ap 1/4 times? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well ever since i got my cobb ap i have been trying out the performance tests.i will set the scene ...

how accurete is the ap 1/4 times?

well ever since i got my cobb ap i have been trying out the performance tests.i will set the scene up for ya'll

07 wrx tr cobb stg.2
    now the first run i did when i first got it i was starting to learn how to launch it.my best time was a 15.6 at 96mph 60ft. was like 3.6 i know sucky big time.

but now that i have been practicing my launch and can launch it pretty good.no bogging,i break all 4 wheels loose for just enough time not to bog.i launch at 4500rpm's slipping the clutch.

now when i do the performance test my lost et was a 14.5 @98.6mph with a 60ft. at 2.5

but my last run on it was a 14.7@100.01mph with a 60ft at 2.7

i dont believe these times at all for some reason.i noticed that the test starts as soon as the car starts moving just a tad bit.so it starts a lil before i really launch.and i know that my car stg.2 is capable of mid to low 13's.my shifts are smooth and fast.i had the launch control but took it off cuz i didnt like the ffs it makes me shift slower and to much stress on the tranny.
    what do ya'll think?

edit:forgot to mention that it was 98F outside
    Last edited by bboylocob; 07-20-2007 at 02:33 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The AP is slightly off, but at the very least gives you a worst case scenario.

I have essentially the same mods as you, I have an APv2 but never used the performance test feature since I'm so close to a track.

My best at the track is a 13.8 @98 with a 1.8 60 foot.

Flashed launch control map last week, track was hot and ran 3 -14.2's in a row with 1.97 60 foots.

Click my mods link VVVVV to see timeslip.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    The AP is slightly off, but at the very least gives you a worst case scenario.

I have essentially the same mods as you, I have an APv2 but never used the performance test feature since I'm so close to a track.

My best at the track is a 13.8 @98 with a 1.8 60 foot.

Flashed launch control map last week, track was hot and ran 3 -14.2's in a row with 1.97 60 foots.

Click my mods link VVVVV to see timeslip.
    sounds like the launch control didnt work that great for you also.i like the actual lc but not the ffs

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bboylocob View Post
    sounds like the launch control didnt work that great for you also.i like the actual lc but not the ffs
    No it worked great, times are very consistent. Much more so than if you don't use it.

Times were a little low for several reasons and I wasn't the only one running consistently low.

1. Understand that Cali gas is the worst in the nation. Its rated at 91 oct but I doubt it.

2. 90 deg outside

3. Only had 30 miles on map flash so they Dynamic advance wasn't at full yet.

I bet that you'd be surprised how slow you actually run if you went out to the track.

A mid to low 13.xx is possible but only when track temps dip below 65degish.

The day I went the best a protuned stage 2 Sti was running was 13.2. He had 268whp 290wtq.

A protuned stage 2 race gas sti 290whp 300+whtq ran 12.3, but that crazy fool was launching with dccd locked.

Cobb stage 2 is around 220whp and 240-260wtq
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

what are your settings on the lc, lc and ffs? i think i might reflash it on there but i dont know what i should set the ffs at.

I Support ClubWRX
    what are your settings on the lc, lc and ffs? i think i might reflash it on there but i dont know what i should set the ffs at.

My LC limit is set at 5100RPM.
    I moved the FF's up to 6000RPM.

*I only FF the 2-3 change and the 3-4 change to avoid the shock load to second. I do a partial throttle second shift but not FF.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    My LC limit is set at 5100RPM.
    I moved the FF's up to 6000RPM.

*I only FF the 2-3 change and the 3-4 change to avoid the shock load to second. I do a partial throttle second shift but not FF.
    ok thanks!! do you find that setting the ffs at 6000rpm works the best?

i usually launch at 4500-5000rpm's.i find that works the best for me

I Support ClubWRX
    ok thanks!! do you find that setting the ffs at 6000rpm works the best?
    Well I did cause it comes set at 4500rpm. I wanted to avoid bouncing the fuel cut and killing my time. I never hit the 6k during 4 runs last week at the track.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

yea i reflashed it and set the ffs at 5500 and it works perfect for me.it dont hit the fuel cut and it by the time i shift its able to fall perfectly in the rpm needed for the next gear.