Subaru WRX Forum banner

The unofficial STX wheel thread

18K views 166 replies 19 participants last post by  Big Sky WRX 
#1 ·
I'm starting to look at 17x8 wheels and figured I'd pass on what I've gleamed thus far- approx weights/prices/offsets

I've kind of cut things off at ~ 17 lbs

In no particular order

5Zigen FN 01RC ~ price $200, et 48, 17 lbs

Motegi Traklite ~ price $275, et 45, 14.5 lbs

Weds TC105N ~ price $375, et 42, 14.8 lbs

Kosei K1 TS ~ price $240, et 45, 15.5 lbs

Enkei RS+M ~ price $280, et 45, 16.0 lbs

Enkei RPF1 ~ price $240, et 45, 15.5 lbs

OZ Racing Ultraleggera ~ price $265, et 48, 17.4 lbs

SSR CS ~ price $400, et 49, 15.0 lbs

will be adding a some of Volk's offerings soon

if anyone knows of any other wheels- 17x8 in the 17ish under range LMK

See less See more
#3 ·
Motegi Traklite or Volk's (expensive :eek: ) :thumbup: Can't overlook the weight difference from the others. I am surprised the OZ's were in the ~17ish range; thought they would be lighter.

#6 ·
I think so- most of the offsets are in the mid to upper 40's so that puts the wheel a little outboard (offsets some worry on inboard rubbing) over stock. With fenders rolled, combined w/ a shorter tire (the 235/40/17 is roughly .5" shorter than stock), firmer rear springs and "decent" neg camber (-1.5ish) - it should work :)

#102 ·
omg thats teh sexxyness

maybe the cleanest bug ive seen so far:)

#22 ·
I have read between 14.5 and 14.9 pounds for the 17x8s I ordered. Brake clearance? Not sure but I would think they would work with the STi Brembos.

The avatar is a good one - perfect for this time of year (Oktoberfest). Check out the beer thread. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=128490&page=94

#23 ·
shod them rims with some RE01r's. I can't even begin to describe how much I like the -1deg 225wide stickiness that is my RE01r's!

#28 ·
anyone autoX with RE01r's?

I took an onramp (curvey one) at 90 today and didn't squeal or nothing... I'm looking forward to next summer's autoX with them.

#30 ·
I'd second the nay on the BF's. I think there are really four tires to be looking at (probably five w/ the new Dunlop- so new not much out on it yet). Budget- Hankook Z212, Falken Azeni's, budget + :) RE01R's, Neovas

the Dunlops price falls under the Advans and Bridgestones, time will tell on the performance.

I ran RE01R's this past season, nice tire no two ways about it :) Ofcourse I was "smart" and bought mine early, before the $100 off coupon came out :(

#31 ·
I took a 1400 mile drive home over the past 2 days through several mountain ranges... I couldn't believe how confident the car felt on the RE01rs. I know everyone is sick of me talking about them. I'm in love with them.. and at 135 a pop, that's not a bad price for such a good tire.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.