F1Weekly Podcast
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on F1Weekly Podcast within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Guys, a quick recommendation for y'all. I just love this podcast. It comes out twice a week except on race ...

I Support ClubWRX

F1Weekly Podcast

Guys, a quick recommendation for y'all. I just love this podcast.

It comes out twice a week except on race weeks when there are two or three episodes over the weekend. The guys who put this together really know their F1, especially Nasser who is a veritable encyclopedia of historical F1 knowledge.

Most episodes are around an hour with some longer and some shorter. The race weekend podcasts contain blow-by-blow analysis of practice, qualifying and the race. Wednesday is more general analysis of the news plus "motorsports mondial" - a roundup of worldwide motorsport news - plus various little features. On non-race weekends the Friday episode can be a bit slow with an overly long reading of the latest motorsports news. In any episode you might hear a very interesting interview tacked on the end. The current episode has a good half hour-long interview with David Donohue (Mark's son and an excellent tin-top pilot himself) as well as a featurett on the history of the Renault F1 team and their creation of the first 1.5l Turbo F1 motor.

They still call it the F1Weekly podcast, though Bernie's lawyers recently forced them to change their URL to www.grandprixweekly.com. While you can subscribe to this with iTunes for use on your iPod, you can also listen to it directly on the site or download the mp3 for use on any mp3 player.

Anyhow - check it out. Two thumbs up for the F1Weekly podcast.

www.grandprixweekly.com

Chris
    Last edited by GV27; 07-12-2007 at 02:44 PM.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.