British GP
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on British GP within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i didn't see another BGP thread so i thought i'd start one. did anyone else think this was a really ...

British GP

i didn't see another BGP thread so i thought i'd start one.

did anyone else think this was a really good race? between massa charging back through the field, alonso's short stint and kimi's pace, i was on the enge of my seat the whole time.

i was also glad to see that hamilton finally made a mistake. not because i dislike him but because he's been too perfect so far.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I enjoyed the GP as well. I thought Raikkonen was almost listenable in the press room afterwards, and it was obvious he tried his best to put two sentences together, going far beyond his usual "We went fast" comment.

I also found it interesting that the compound selections made were quite different between the McLarens and the Ferraris. FOX messed up the show by having TWO large banners pop up in the middle of the GP advertising baseball, but other than that their coverage didn't have anything particularly egregious. I don't think it's because they're listening to viewer complaints, I think it's because they couldn't think of anything else to throw in there...

Although top speeds were in the 300s, the average speeds in the 230s were the most impressive aspect of the pace IMO.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i'm with you on the compounds. alonso even said before the race that he thought the prime was the better tire and he was going to run the fewest laps possible on the soft. it seems the ferraris might be easier on tires.

the good news is that fox is done and the races are back on speed where varsha and matchett don't have to explain every single thing to the viewers. while i liked watching F1 in a 16:9 format (i responded to the high def question you had in one of the other gp threads) i'm glad that i wont have to watch any more races on fox and have them covered by lower thirds that take up half the screen and are so animated it's distracting.

It was a good race. I think Massa hadn't had the starting grid issues we would have seen even better results. None the less we were able to tie Mclaren for points so no great loss.I think Ferrari could still win the championship.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I think it was a great race...Kimi is finally starting to show some of what was expected
    "Winners generally are not nice people, they try to be but are immensely selfish, immensely arrogant, have total belief in their own ability and nothing else matters when they are at work." -Eddie Jordan

I enjoyed the race. I love every opportunity I can get to watch a GP (I don't get the Speed channel), so by now I don't even mind the mediocre Fox coverage.

Even though Massa had the starting issues, I was still impressed by how he finished. It was an exciting race to watch.

Silverstone

sorry but I can't stand watching F1 on anything BUT Sp33d. (any1 remember Speedvision?) great race, Massa had a good fight at the end and for Kimi I think hes pretty relieved because hes fighting for his seat. And Hamilton? This kid is unstoppable. I really am hoping on where hes gonna be going (or staying?) next year in 08.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.