French GP: Ferrari is back

This is a discussion on French GP: Ferrari is back within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Good results for Ferrari this race, looks like we might be having a bit of a come back. Hamilton was ...

French GP: Ferrari is back

Good results for Ferrari this race, looks like we might be having a bit of a come back. Hamilton was on the podium yet again, and Alonso was kind of screwed from the start. He spent a lot of time trying hard to get around the cars in front. Heidfeld held him off for a long time. It didn't seem Alonso was putting in the best drive, he make quite a few mistakes.

All in all a pretty good race and the future looks good for Ferrari.

The fox coverage was sooooo bad. Towards the end there was more commercials than race. Machett did one of his tech segments on the brakes, and all that was really explained is that 1. the brakes are small 2. they work well 3. their expensive. Wow so much information there. Plus it seems the commentators feel the need to explain the obvious repeatedly for all the "new F1 viewers". We still have one more race on fox to deal with.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Alonso has made mistakes in the last four Grands Prix, but to be honest I'm beginning to like him more and more as a result. He pressed and risked.

I dreaded seeing Raikkonen win not because I have anything against Ferrari but because I know the winner is interviewed extensively and I'm not getting any younger. Getting Kimi to utter something comprehensible while there's still film left is often a bit of a chore.

The news with the GP is that nobody has not lost a spot this season; the last two fell during this GP and Hamilton was one of them. Interesting thought that during the interview he mentioned not only team points but also driver points for the championship. Why not, since he's won two events I suppose.

The real racing was actually in GP2, with passing, errors, smoke, bumps, the works. I'm watching Bruno Senna with interest and I hope it's not just nostalgia that has people looking. Maybe one day soon he'll be in a Ferrari, as his uncle should have been.

FOX is horrific and I really have to wonder who the hell they're referring to when they're speaking to "new F1 fans." In the US?! F1 fans? Bernie didn't get his cash deal sorted with Indianapolis and there's no guarantee there will be a US GP next year. That means the viewership will shrink back down to me at home at 0500 whilst recovering from a Saturday night coma and all the usual lot at the ethnic pubs -- Irish, English, Scottish etc.

If no US GP occurs in 2008, F1 will have lost at least five or six new fans from the US. Tragic. I hope Ecclestone doesn't need a loan as a result since I'm low on green myself.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 07-01-2007 at 10:04 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Alonso has made mistakes in the last four Grands Prix, but to be honest I'm beginning to like him more and more as a result. He pressed and risked.
    Yeah I could understand that. I'm no Alonso fan but I do respect that he took some risk. He could of just taken it easy in an effort to just "make points" after a bad weekend.

The fuel rig debacle with Albers was crazy.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    The fuel rig debacle with Albers was crazy.
    Yes it was absolutely silly of them. It's amazing that these guys do F1 for a living...

The Renaults didn't exactly steal the show in front of a home crowd. As you said, Ferrari are very quick again and are back. So are the BMWs. If this were 3 GPs ago it may have been a 3-way race for constructor's points. As it stands it'll be close between Ferrari and McLaren I think. I don't know if Sauber can bridge the gap.

Honda and Toyota should get some shopping and site-seeing done before going back to the UK, at least the trip will not have been a total waste that way.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Honda and Toyota should get some shopping and site-seeing done before going back to the UK, at least the trip will not have been a total waste that way.
    Well they did score their first point this season.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Well they did score their first point this season.
    Sure, but their performance so far has been laughable. If they were some struggling team with no money and second-hand chassis from two years ago that they bought and painted out back, OK. These are two of the largest manufacturers in the world with multi-billion euro budgets and virtually unlimited resources, and they can't catch their own clients more often than not. Nothing against either maker and AAMOF there's a Honda in the garage and a Toyota up front right now, we own a car from both makers as I write this. Ridiculous. If it keeps up and they insist on racing, they may end up buying intact client organizations and probably ruin them as well (Williams, look out).

Sure, but their performance so far has been laughable.
    Yeah I was really just being sarcastic. It amazes me how bad Honda has done with so much money and just compared to last season.
    FORZA FERRARI

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I was really just being sarcastic. It amazes me how bad Honda has done with so much money and just compared to last season.
    I know, it's a real shame. They could have kept last year's car and been no worse off, and given all that money to charity or something -- or just burned it and be done with it. I hope they sort it out because it is reasonable to think that if they don't, they will focus instead on essentially Honda "spec" series where they are the only motor maker and don't really have to compete, and every winner wears an H badge up front (like they already do in the US). That makes racing dull IMO so I hope it doesn't happen.

I Support ClubWRX
    Heck, they'd be better off with last year's chassis! Super Aguri has been kicking their butt a lot this season.
    Last edited by GV27; 07-02-2007 at 10:58 AM.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GV27 View Post
    Heck, they'd be better off with last year's chassis! Super Aguri has been kicking their butt a lot this season.
    I love Super Aguri. Even if they're not the fastest on the track at any given time they'll ram people in the pit lane or stuff it into the armco and leave shrapnel everywhere. They are the best team to watch this season.

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 on watching Super Aguri. They're the loose cannon on deck.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon