suspension upgrade??? whats a suggestion for the track?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on suspension upgrade??? whats a suggestion for the track? within the Motorsports Talk forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i want some good suspension for the track...maybe some coilover kits?? can someone help me? I just got a brand ...

suspension upgrade??? whats a suggestion for the track?

i want some good suspension for the track...maybe some coilover kits?? can someone help me? I just got a brand new 07' WRX and I wanna hit suspension and brakes before i go for HP and Torque gains

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You're on the right mod path and are one of the few new members to go about it correctly (from the wheels up).

Start here, it's a reference thread with lots of links to other threads:

Suspension and Handling Technical Reference
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome aboard and congrats on your new purchase!

You'll want to some reading before jumping into to anything, but I can tell you that off the showroom floor that to prep a WRX for tracky duty there are some areas to look at. First our cars are a little on the portly side (3000+ lbs) and our brakes aren't overly large- so it's easy to get fade once running around the track. There are two things that will cause fade, both need addressed- fluid and pads- the oe fluid and oe pads are not up to track day duties- you can try them but you will be fading before your 20-30 minute session is up.

Tires- the RE92 for what's it designed for I guess is a decent tire- a oe one size fits all all season tire- they are not designed w/ any motorsports applications in mind. Again you can run them at the track, but you'll find low grip and with the grip getting even lower further into your runs.

Those are the weakest "links" IMO for a stock WRX considering HPDE/track days.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.